The Patriots play at faster tempo with a lead in the 4th Qtr Then the Saints do when there losing. (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Watching the Pats game sunday they had a 2 score lead and they were in attack mode, snaping the ball with 12 to 15 seconds left on the playclock, going for the kill and trying to make it a 3 score lead. If you didnt know the score you think would think there losing. Now compare this to the Saints when there losing by 2 scores playing at a much slower pace.

And the thing is the Pats have been doing this for years. 17 point lead make it 24, 24 point lead make it 31. Always snaping the ball with alot of time left on the 40 second playclock. They never stop trying to score, compare to Payton who a couple different times called 4 knees plays inside the 5 yard line with 3 minutes left giving up the ball with 1:20 left.

One team has the best offensive mind in the game, the other has one of the greatest head coaches of all time.

B4__gAyIEAErJRi.jpg
Watching the Pats game sunday they had a 2 score lead and they were in attack mode, snaping the ball with 12 to 15 seconds left on the playclock, going for the kill and trying to make it a 3 score lead. If you didnt know the score you think would think there losing. Now compare this to the Saints when there losing by 2 scores playing at a much slower pace.

And the thing is the Pats have been doing this for years. 17 point lead make it 24, 24 point lead make it 31. Always snaping the ball with alot of time left on the 40 second playclock. They never stop trying to score, compare to Payton who a couple different times called 4 knees plays inside the 5 yard line with 3 minutes left giving up the ball with 1:20 left.

One thing i don't think people account for is

#1 we have a young receiving crew and They don't have the time on task that the 2009-11 receiving crew had.

#2 Maybe just maybe...the patriots use a shorter terminology. Not sure if people realize but Payton's play calls are LONG which leaves room for a misinterpretation if everyone isn't on the same page.

**Brown Right F Short 2 Jet Flanker Drive". only example i could find and this is about 6 words shorter than what I've heard on a Drew/Payton NFL Mic'd up session. Takes time to get the play calls in

Found an old shot/article of SP's playcall sheet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-close-up-of-sean-paytons-play-sheet-shown-during-mnf/

If i wanted to read a post slating the offensive playcalling while using broad generalities in a flawed attempt to justify the attack, I could just look at any one of your other threads.

In fact, this is just a rehashing of what you posted two weeks ago, remember how well that worked out?

http://saintsreport.com/forums/6588799-post1.html

I know Detroit and Atlanta like to run the no huddle a lot. It's another aspect of our game that needs attention/needs to come into form. In years past, we've been able to run it very effectively especially when coming from behind. I want to say it was 2013 when Drew had to take over and just get down the field in some games late.

Drew is the most mentally, and physically prepared QB out there. If Manning can run his own offense, There's no doubt in my mind Drew can too. When we are down late, Just let him loose.

I agree. Watching that last game was painful in the 4th qtr. If I didn't know any better I would've thought we were playing with a lead as opposed to being down 20 pts. Some make the excuse that it was a young Wr corps. I don't buy that at all because there were several other times this year that our offense show a much greater sense of urgency and tempo in previous games. As I've said before I think Coach is so smart that he out-thinks himself sometimes.

If you compare what any team does to what the patriots do, you're gonna have a bad time

It was painful to watch going down the stretch, but the Saints offense has been that lethargic in other time-sensitive situations through the season. It feels like they forgot to install a two-minute offense, as I've never really seen them run one this year. They don't even have to do a no huddle, just stop letting the play clock drop below 10 when the clock is against you.

Down multiple scores late in the game was an odd time to find a dedication to the running game, but it's likely because Carolina rightfully allowed those plays good looks to discourage passing.

I just wish they could figure out a away to put together those 16 play, 8 minute TD drives in the first quarter, not the 4th when behind. Those drives are what gets a team the lead and drains the stamina of the other team's defense.

I said it in the gameday thread ... I think the Saints have the best ball control offense in the league, but only when they are behind.

What I dont understand, is why not go for broke?

At this point, what does it hurt?

NO HUDDLE EVERY POSESSION.

Go for it on 4th down instead of giving the other team an instant touchdown from a field goal block.

If you do the same stuff over on and over and it isnt working..........TRY SOMETHING NEW!

Give me a reason to watch the NFL again. At this point im not even interested whatsoever.

What's your point ? we all know the Patriots do everything better than us or any other NFL team.

They draft better, have 3 great QB one being the GOAT, sign better FA, turn scrub into all-pro, take chances on outcast and it's a hit (Moss or Ochocinco), manage their cap very well, have a such close to perfection roster that they can trade their best LB near the end of the season... and on and on.

#sarcasm

I know Detroit and Atlanta like to run the no huddle a lot. It's another aspect of our game that needs attention/needs to come into form. In years past, we've been able to run it very effectively especially when coming from behind. I want to say it was 2013 when Drew had to take over and just get down the field in some games late.

Drew is the most mentally, and physically prepared QB out there. If Manning can run his own offense, There's no doubt in my mind Drew can too. When we are down late, Just let him loose.

Half the O-line is 30+(fatigue), while our WR are pretty young (experience), our D is still weak (the less they play, the less point you need to score), Brees harm may need more rest than before... I'm looking for reasons, but in the end that doesn't really bother me as long as it doesn't completely kill their chances to win the game.

ýou are talking about Payton's ego

Two points that aren't really points but come across as just stubbornness not wanting to agree.

#1 "But it's the Patriots" - No. His example was the Patriots. But they are not the only team to use a no huddle ramped up offense.

#2 "What's the point" - More time could have meant a win. Like. Really. How is that not understood?

I hate college football. It's boring. Lacks refinement. It's like wanting professional art but having to settle for stuff from your cousin who is struggling so your moms makes you get something from them. And it is none more noticeable than the lack of a two minute offense late in the game when a team is down. And that is exactly what we looked like. The only thing more infuriating where the last play that should have had laterals with a 1% of actually working involved just running straight at three defenders to give no chance at working. That looked like we were all "we don't want to risk them returning a fumble for a TD......."

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Two points that aren't really points but come across as just stubbornness not wanting to agree.

#1 "But it's the Patriots" - No. His example was the Patriots. But they are not the only team to use a no huddle ramped up offense.

#2 "What's the point" - More time could have meant a win. Like. Really. How is that not understood?

I hate college football. It's boring. Lacks refinement. It's like wanting professional art but having to settle for stuff from your cousin who is struggling so your moms makes you get something from them. And it is none more noticeable than the lack of a two minute offense late in the game when a team is down. And that is exactly what we looked like. The only thing more infuriating where the last play that should have had laterals with a 1% of actually working involved just running straight at three defenders to give no chance at working. That looked like we were all "we don't want to risk them returning a fumble for a TD......."

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sean is a great offensive coach, he's shown time and time again that he's one of the best if not the best at creating mismatches and having a #1 rated offense yearly.

He however does have issues managing a game. This season he handed off offensive play calling so that he could better manage what's going on, but it still seems there are issues.

The defense never excels unless he hands it off to someone and allows them to have total control over that side of the ball.

He is bad at time and timeout management.
I mean, no one is perfect and you're never going to find the perfect coach, but Belichick is the ultimate game manager.

Sean is great, but he definitely has his shortcomings. He's constantly being caught not having his guys prepared for various game situations.

That's not a knock on him or me being negative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom