The Pelicans are dead to me (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In some ways I am glad that we won't have to endure the mauling that would have taken place if we had managed to grab the #8 Seed for the playoffs.
But I just can't get over how hard professional basketball fails in New Orleans. I want to get behind any team that is attached to my city even when it is a sport that I'm not all that intrigued by.

I just want to see them win. Maybe not every game (of course)... but at least enough to think that someday we might actually have a winner on our hands. So yes, they are dead to me now.

Until 2021.

It seems like every game i watch, they are getting hammered by 20 and not even trying to get any offensive rebounds. Someone chunks up a 3, and the other 4 guys just start jogging to the other side of the court to play defense.

Not exactly a good product to watch. I do not think new orleans will be able to keep any big stars once their rookie contracts expire. Its just inevitable, and you can't build a team without stars staying.

It seems like every game i watch, they are getting hammered by 20 and not even trying to get any offensive rebounds. Someone chunks up a 3, and the other 4 guys just start jogging to the other side of the court to play defense.

Not exactly a good product to watch. I do not think new orleans will be able to keep any big stars once their rookie contracts expire. Its just inevitable, and you can't build a team without stars staying.
I can almost accept the occasional blowout when we aren't shooting or rebounding very well. But I can't fathom how any team can have so many double digit collapses in a season. Even a lot of the Pel's victories were games where they had 25+ point leads early in the game, only to have to hang on to a one or two shot win.

The Pelicans must have some sort of record for losing games after having huge leads over their opponents. It's maddening!

This thread could've been about the saints for decades. Have to stick it out....makes it feel that much better when they do win.
I was much younger when the Saints were this bad. Plus I was a big football fan.
I'm not sure I can live for 40 more years to watch the Pelicans finally figure things out.

I was much younger when the Saints were this bad. Plus I was a big football fan.
I'm not sure I can live for 40 more years to watch the Pelicans finally figure things out.
Hey Bill, how bout our pelicans tonight? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

They go from blowouts to making their shots and looking good
Yep. They need 5 more games just like that.
Too bad their wins are so few and far between. :covri:

They go from blowouts to making their shots and looking good

Playing better defense allowed them to play more at their pace. Other than the first quarter they really took care of the ball and the werent settling on offense....they were aggressive in getting to the rim which they needed since they really havent been shooting the 3 ball that well

But they dont have a shot unless they start shooting at least 75% from the free throw line...even JJ missed a pair

Playing better defense allowed them to play more at their pace. Other than the first quarter they really took care of the ball and the werent settling on offense....they were aggressive in getting to the rim which they needed since they really havent been shooting the 3 ball that well

But they dont have a shot unless they start shooting at least 75% from the free throw line...even JJ missed a pair
The Pels will be playing two currently winless teams in their next two games, and the one team we already beat is also winless. So of course the Pels should be looking like a great team right now. But I just can't get too excited about a team that continues to struggle against every team that has already locked up a spot in the playoffs. In three weeks the Pels will be playing a desperate Spurs team that we must win to have any kind of shot for the 8th spot. I sure hope we can look like a real playoff team by then.

The Pelicans are struggling against the winless Kings. Eight points down late in the 3rd quarter. :jpshakehead:

Gave up 49 in the first quarter; not the first half, the first quarter.

Trying to slog through it, but this is just shameful. Defense is reasonably important.

Rebounding (as usual) is an absolute abomination. Griffin needs to clean house.

Gave up 49 in the first quarter; not the first half, the first quarter.

Trying to slog through it, but this is just shameful. Defense is reasonably important.

Rebounding (as usual) is an absolute abomination. Griffin needs to clean house.
I'm glad that we won't have to get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Need a defensive stud in the middle and some experience. Also need Zion on the floor for 30 minutes a game, not 30 minutes a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom