News The PGA Tour experiment didn't work. (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now we are hearing that after the news last week about pro golfer Nick Watney testing positive for Covid-19 and having to quarantine himself from the others, that now two players Brooks Koepka & Graeme McDowell have had to withdraw from this week's Traveler's Championship because their caddies are now testing positive for the virus.

We also just heard that the MLB had agreed to a much shortened baseball season. I think we are starting to see a trend here. I can't imagine that we can expect to see business as usual with the NFL this season even if a decision is made to go 'fanless in 2020'.
None of this is looking good for us sports lovers out there. :sad:

You gotta go out there and leak gold Bill. That's the only way sports will be saved

The only consolation prize is that it will be a very large factor in convincing people that this is serious.

The country only really came to its sense when the NBA suspended the season.

Maybe this would be a silver lining.
While I agree this might slap a few people into reality, I believe there are far too many people who won't go back to 'isolation mode' no matter what kinds of events are 'open for business' or not.
Covid-19 is not only out there with the potential to latch on to a lot of people, but there is no way that anything can be done now to ensure that an NFL season can be fulfilled without a substantial risk to the players no matter what kind of bubble can be made to isolate them from infection.

Sadly, 2020 is going to be a wash.

Last edited:
Here's more news on the recent virus infections of some tour caddies. šŸ˜„

Here are some details about the protocols that were agreed to for the shortened MLB season.

Now we are hearing that after the news last week about pro golfer Nick Watney testing positive for Covid-19 and having to quarantine himself from the others, that now two players Brooks Koepka & Graeme McDowell have had to withdraw from this week's Traveler's Championship because their caddies are now testing positive for the virus.

We also just heard that the MLB had agreed to a much shortened baseball season. I think we are starting to see a trend here. I can't imagine that we can expect to see business as usual with the NFL this season even if a decision is made to go 'fanless in 2020'.
None of this is looking good for us sports lovers out there. :sad:

The annoying thing is had we done what is being done in much of Europe did we wouldn't be having these issues with our sports leagues. The Bundesliga has been running for over a month and the English Premier League has been playing games in England for two weeks with several weeks of training before that and I have not heard of a single COVID case in those leagues. And England even had a misstep trying to go for herd immunity before correcting course and is still way ahead of us fighting off this virus. If we lose MLB, the NFL, and NCAA Football it will be because people refuse to stay in and refuse to wear masks and social distance when they are out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom