TV The Pharmacist (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

how the hell is Jeffrey one of the people interviewed, apparently from some home setting. Clearly not a prison
He served 13 years of a 15 year sentence after pleading guilty in 2000

The investigation into dirty doctors has thus far been isolated to one extremely dirty doctor in NOLA East. But after Katrina those doctors were all over. I went to one. They didn’t even try to hide the fact that they were a pill mill like even as a patient I was sitting in there thinking it was the most unbelievable thing I had seen.

you paid them the 250 and you got to tell them what you wanted the script to say.

The investigation into dirty doctors has thus far been isolated to one extremely dirty doctor in NOLA East. But after Katrina those doctors were all over. I went to one. They didn’t even try to hide the fact that they were a pill mill like even as a patient I was sitting in there thinking it was the most unbelievable thing I had seen.

you paid them the 250 and you got to tell them what you wanted the script to say.
They've gotten a couple. Dr. Wayne Celestine from Gretna, Dr. Frederick Floyd. I Googled the one I knew (from taking his deposition) and he's either died or left the state, but I did find several lawsuits.

Sedrick Hodge (Saints 2001-2005) has been implicated in an opioid scheme in Atlanta.

Last edited:
They've gotten a couple. Dr. Wayne Celestine from Gretna, Dr. Frederick Floyd. I Googled the one I knew (from taking his deposition) and he's either died or left the state, but I did find several lawsuits.

Sedrick Hodge (Saints 2001-2005) has been implicated in an opioid scheme in Atlanta.

the one I knew of was on Jefferson Highway down across from the old Piccadilly. They either got them or they set up a very temporary deal and got out before the sting. I don't remember the doctors name but I would recognize it if I saw it.

Wow. Finished it last night.

Real life "Man on Fire".

Kudos to MR. Schneider for never giving away his ethical and moral responsibilities.

Great doc.

Finished it up last night. This doc was a gut punch in a lot of different ways. The final episode makes you relive a bit of Katrina. And since my involvement with recovery I have had to watch many friends lose battles with the opioids. Stopped counting at 20. And a handful were close friends. So many of them told the same story. It was just pills until one day there connect told them that’s not what they had that day... extremely sad.

Just finished it. "Gut punch" is a good description. It amazes me how Dr. Clegget can sit there and still claim innocence. Sickening.

I would have LOVED to see what the NOPD guard detail did when the DEA and SBSO rolled up for the raid.

Finished it up last night. This doc was a gut punch in a lot of different ways. The final episode makes you relive a bit of Katrina. And since my involvement with recovery I have had to watch many friends lose battles with the opioids. Stopped counting at 20. And a handful were close friends. So many of them told the same story. It was just pills until one day there connect told them that’s not what they had that day... extremely sad.

what is sad is that those who knew, knew how bad it was. Yet everything you heard was the opposite.

I used to spend a lot of time in a lot of pain med doctors offices around New Orleans before Katrina. It wasn’t unusual for their waiting rooms to be constantly filled and the doctor would spend no more than five minutes seeing a patient before sending them on their way with a Rx for pain meds. A lot of the dealers would barely step out the front door of the pharmacies before selling their meds for cash.

I’ll have to check out this documentary to see if I recognize any of the folks in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom