TV The Pharmacist (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

A real eye opener for me. I was amazed that Dr. Cleggett was able to practice as long as she did with this guy calling every agency know to man to take her down. Something is incredibly wrong with that picture!!! Don't give me the red tape bullshirt….hundreds or thousands of lives were lost when they could have intervened.

Hell, just having a business like that with office hours starting at 11pm should be enough to warrant an investigation.

That dude (Schneider) was a living hero in my opinion. He's lucky he didn't get popped....

The investigation into dirty doctors has thus far been isolated to one extremely dirty doctor in NOLA East. But after Katrina those doctors were all over. I went to one. They didn’t even try to hide the fact that they were a pill mill like even as a patient I was sitting in there thinking it was the most unbelievable thing I had seen.

you paid them the 250 and you got to tell them what you wanted the script to say.
Same here in FL. Those early years, there would be lines around the block. Even when they shut one down, another one would pop up on the opposite corner.

I think FL finally started fixing the problem by penalizing the pharmacist. I was referred to a pain management physician around 2010 I think. So by this time, FL had really cracked down. The physician I saw seemed a but more legit than what I saw on the street corners. She examined me real well... And I actually had to provide my MRI results. But it was still a full waiting room with some shady characters.

Anyway, I was able to get my scripts filled for a while, and then suddenly my pharmacy just cut me off. I couldn't even go to another pharmacy because by this time they had a shared database. They just kept repeating they could be shut down for handing out too many pain med scripts. I went through withdrawals while still experiencing severe pain waiting for my surgery. It sucked but it definitely gave me a newfound humbling and empathetic perspective.

Same here in FL. Those early years, there would be lines around the block. Even when they shut one down, another one would pop up on the opposite corner.

I think FL finally started fixing the problem by penalizing the pharmacist. I was referred to a pain management physician around 2010 I think. So by this time, FL had really cracked down. The physician I saw seemed a but more legit than what I saw on the street corners. She examined me real well... And I actually had to provide my MRI results. But it was still a full waiting room with some shady characters.

Anyway, I was able to get my scripts filled for a while, and then suddenly my pharmacy just cut me off. I couldn't even go to another pharmacy because by this time they had a shared database. They just kept repeating they could be shut down for handing out too many pain med scripts. I went through withdrawals while still experiencing severe pain waiting for my surgery. It sucked but it definitely gave me a newfound humbling and empathetic perspective.

I too have a legit injury L5/S1. Before Katrina I had exrays. I brought them into the clinic and some kid is working the register. This kid could not have had any medical training at all. He was like a 17 year old white kid wearing his pants low (I’m not judging fashion mind you but he was supposedly medical staff). He had an accent that indicated possibly Chalmette but this was on Jefferson Highway. Anyway he pulls the ray half way out of the folder and says “oh yea, you messed up real good. Just tell the doctor what you want”. The trinity of Soma, Xans and Lortabs Then OxyContin 80s on the second visit. Whatever. The doc literally came in the room with script pad in hand and never looked at the Xrays.

well done, netflix!

i'm away from home so long now that hearing parish and yat accents is sweet music

btw, dan schneider lives in mandeville

my pcp (lol love that term) had to stop practicing due to stricter laws on pain management. i didn't care much for him anyway, but i switched to a doc in br (from kennah, brah) and it was a blessing in disguise.

that last 5 or 6 years he has actually taken into consideration the meds i am on before prescribing or making changes. the other one just threw xanax, ativan, klonopin at me.

my wife had 4 or 5 pain med doctors. they are quick to throw all kinda of pain meds without consideration.

I just started watching this and its pretty interesting.
It made me wonder if any of our SR.com family was affected by the Oxycontin overdoses that seem to have been prevalent in that St. Bernard Parish area.

I just started watching this and its pretty interesting.
It made me wonder if any of our SR.com family was affected by the Oxycontin overdoses that seem to have been prevalent in that St. Bernard Parish area.

Odds are that just about anyone from St. Bernard that was not directly affected, at least knows someone who was/is.

Odds are that just about anyone from St. Bernard that was not directly affected, at least knows someone who was/is.
I lived in St Bernard my whole life up until Katrina. When I watched that documentary, I felt extreme relief that I was somehow able to avoid this epidemic completely. I guess I hung around with the right crowd, but I never got caught up in it and nobody I knew was hooked that I know of. The guy that got killed graduated from the same high school I did(Hannan), but graduated 3 years ahead of me. To watch the show and realize that I was right smack in the middle of the hub of this epidemic, I counted my blessings.

A few thoughts after watching the show:

- I’ll say this about the Pharmacist, I’ve never seen better panoramic shots of the city of New Orleans (and da Parish for that matter) in any other movie, tv show, or magazine. Those guys did a phenomenal job with those shots.

- I miss Rocky and Carlo’s macaroni.

- I once pulled my back as I was working for the TSA. I was sent to the doctor and she prescribed me oxy (among other heavy drugs). I took them for a few days and started to feel better so I quickly quit the pills so as not to form an addiction. When I got back to work a few days later I mentioned to my abundance of drugs I had a number of co-workers try buying my pills off of me, and I had one guy willing to pay me $400 for my next prescription. I had to turn him down, and I dumped those drugs in the toilet (which I learned later was not the proper way to dispose of drugs). People ar wild.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom