The Pho King struggle is real (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I haven't started a food thread in a long time and I was shocked that I did not find a thread with "Pho" in an EE title search.

I have had it just enough to be very mildly addicted and I am so far from being skilled at eating it. I had it today and swallowed a whole meatball while trying to get the noodles up. What are your favorite spots. technique, and varieties for this acquired taste?

on a serious note, if that meatball had been 1 mm bigger I would have been lights out.

Dong Phuong in NO east. Just came back from there for lunch. Get the spicy beef soup, or eye round and brisket. You're welcome. I am slightly addicted myself and luckily my wife is too. I just add basil, cilantro, lime, and siracha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dong Phuong in NO east. Just came back from there for lunch. Get the spicy beef soup, or eye round and brisket. You're welcome. I am slightly addicted myself and luckily my wife is too. I just add basil, cilantro, lime, and siracha.

that has been on my list of places to go already just to get the Ban Mi bread strait from the tap. The overwhelming majority of Vietnamese poboy bread in the city all comes from there. I will be sure to get some Pho when I get out there, thanks.

I keep looking for the BBQ version , but everywhere I walk in to and ask , "Pho 'Cue?" They start yelling in what I assume is Vietnamese and I have to leave ...

Lilly's on lower Magazine is very good.

Tanh Dinh on the Wank is excellent.

The food court Vietnamese counter in Place St. Charles is good for emergencies. Better than you'd expect.

I always get medium rare beef.

I only went a couple of times (I didn't go out for lunch often), but I think that's where a number of us at Michoud would go to eat. I remember it being good, and the attached bakery.

I think Pho Bang was the other popular one in the area, just down the street.

What the Pho? :shrug:

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

But just in case, it's yumminess:

7174177733_6c0af1a0b2.jpg

In Metairie, Pho Orchid is my favorite. Pho NOLA is pretty good, also. Chez Pierre, surprisingly, is very good, too. They have my favorite Bahn Mi.

At Pho Orchid, I get rare beef and brisket and load up on the greens. I also get grilled pork spring rolls to go with it. I use my chop sticks to eat the noodles and beef and my spoon to eat the broth and greens.

Speaking of Dong Phuong bakery, I have been craving one of their king cakes.

Lilly's on lower Magazine is very good.

Tanh Dinh on the Wank is excellent.

The food court Vietnamese counter in Place St. Charles is good for emergencies. Better than you'd expect.

I always get medium rare beef.

Lily's is my favorite

Zack we had a Pho discussion in my "do you soup" thread

Pho Saigon in Mandeville as well as Pho An in Covington. Both make a mean banh mi, too.

For traditional pho, Namese's shaken pho (meat is wokked in marrow oil before serving) is my favorite. I like Mopho as well, although they are a little more upscale than the usual. They do pork broth pho on Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) that is awesome.

Pho Orchid is definitely the go to in Metairie. And although they'll do in a pinch, I don't much care for Lilly's or Pho Nola. Magasin (CBD and Magazine St) is pretty good.

Not about Pho, but Vietnamese-influenced food related... Banh Mi Boys is good stuff...

Attachments

• 14324362_1174404449298394_9126115808063407421_o.jpg
    14324362_1174404449298394_9126115808063407421_o.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 14

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom