The Pho King struggle is real (1 Viewer)

Yeah they are supposedly one of the best. Haven't tried it yet. I tried to get one last year but had to be put on waiting list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(PizzzNOLA in Lakeview has them)

Randazzo's still tops my list as the best, but this is a close second. It is unique, delicious, and addictive.

Pho Saigon in Mandeville as well as Pho An in Covington. Both make a mean banh mi, too.
Another place on the Northshore that has goo Pho is Northshore Empress. It's technically a Chinese restaurant, but it's run by a Vietnamese family. Their Pho is pretty dang good.

I haven't started a food thread in a long time and I was shocked that I did not find a thread with "Pho" in an EE title search.

I have had it just enough to be very mildly addicted and I am so far from being skilled at eating it. I had it today and swallowed a whole meatball while trying to get the noodles up. What are your favorite spots. technique, and varieties for this acquired taste?

on a serious note, if that meatball had been 1 mm bigger I would have been lights out.

I first ate pho maybe 6-7 years ago at a little joint in Mississippi, oddly enough (there are some decent vietnamese mom and pop restaurants in biloxi).

Anyway, my favorite spot is New Saigon in Hilo. The beef pho is off the chain...they give you big portions too. Nothing like a big steaming bowl of Pho and an ice cold beer on a rainy night..Good for the soul :9:

Decided since it was getting cold...

Attachments

• IMG_20161208_114047893.jpg
    IMG_20161208_114047893.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
Havent seen it mentioned so far in the thread, but I think Kim Anh's Noodle house is my favorite in the area. I like it so much I often drive from downtown all the way out there just to eat their pho.

Havent seen it mentioned so far in the thread, but I think Kim Anh's Noodle house is my favorite in the area. I like it so much I often drive from downtown all the way out there just to eat their pho.

that is actually where I was yesterday when I had my meatball incident. They are indeed terrific too.

I use the chopsticks to load up the little spoon with noodles. I tried this with a meatball on the spoon and it was hot so I was trying to slurp the overhanging noodles and inhaled the meatball. Thank God they cut them in half but I still almost choked.

they also carry Banh Mi now its just not on the menu. They have more meat on them than any other Vietnamese spot in town that I have found. A little odd thing though; I think they just use Mayo instead of that Aioli like sauce most places use. Still delicious if you get it at lunch (picked one up right before they closed once and it wasn't great)

Lesson being, if you're gonna slurp the noodle be careful not to choke on the balls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom