The Pho King struggle is real (1 Viewer)

For traditional pho, Namese's shaken pho (meat is wokked in marrow oil before serving) is my favorite. I like Mopho as well, although they are a little more upscale than the usual. They do pork broth pho on Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) that is awesome.

Pho Orchid is definitely the go to in Metairie. And although they'll do in a pinch, I don't much care for Lilly's or Pho Nola. Magasin (CBD and Magazine St) is pretty good.

orchid tacos :17:

also, someone mentioned Chez Pierre which has really good pho...plus you can get awesome desserts there

I keep looking for the BBQ version , but everywhere I walk in to and ask , "Pho 'Cue?" They start yelling in what I assume is Vietnamese and I have to leave ...

:hihi: Am I the only one who got this? This reeks of awesome. :9:

that has been on my list of places to go already just to get the Ban Mi bread strait from the tap. The overwhelming majority of Vietnamese poboy bread in the city all comes from there. I will be sure to get some Pho when I get out there, thanks.

No problem. The bakery is actually a different entity. I think one of their friends or family owns it. So you cant order the bread from the table. They are cool about you going to the bakery and buying it to have with the Pho. I actually forget to do that many times because i am so anxious for the Pho. You are right about most Vietnamese places using their bread. Every place in slidell goes there to get their bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only went a couple of times (I didn't go out for lunch often), but I think that's where a number of us at Michoud would go to eat. I remember it being good, and the attached bakery.

I think Pho Bang was the other popular one in the area, just down the street.

Pho bang is another good one but not consistent. Good place to go on tuesdays when Dong Phoung is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Fish for the BR crowd near campus. I hear the sushi is good too and love the lemongrass curry pork.

Everything else is way out on Florida past Sherwood. I used to swear by Little Saigon, but they were ****e last trip. Pho Dang is good too, but my source tells me not to go there without a Vietnamese guide. Something about backroom gambling and a triad, probably the most authentic tho.

I see Viet Garden has taken over for Pho Quyhn which was really good. Kind of sad it's gone now. :(

I love pho and banh mi. I'm impressed so many of you guys know so much about it.

Pho is traditionally a breakfast food because it's easy and quick to make. Also, slurping isn't frowned upon unless you go overboard. The best favorite combo is pho is beef balls with tripe and add in cilantro, lime, lots of bean sprouts, pepper, Siracha and a little oyster sauce (the dark stuff). For banh mi, any meat with french bread is good. :hihi:

Lost love lounge in the marigny has a pho kitchen in the back. Their Pho is really good. I can't speak for the rest of the menu, I've only had the pho.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

But just in case, it's yumminess:

7174177733_6c0af1a0b2.jpg

The other plays on pronunciation were taken - I had to get creative.

It is indeed yumminess. I eat Viet once a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom