The pick that hurt the most. (1 Viewer)

i give you pittman , but no way because of troy "freaking" smith .
we lost two of our three 4th round picks to get the 4th running back in depth , who got beat out by an UDFA and never saw regular season action....

DB Fred Bennett, DT Tank Tyler , G Many Ramirez , G Josh Beekman , Returner Steve Breaston to name a few .... where all better options at this moment. imagine we could have had two or three backups for good competition and depth , at the end we had a 4th round without any sort of impact or roster appeareance.

this pick hurt me most last year . i also disliked the trade down in round three , letting sit LBs like david harris ( i picked him in a mock draft ) or CB eric wright safety/corner josh wilson ,

All three of those guys were gone when the Saints were up to pick in the 2nd. Harris went way earlier and Wright and Wilson both went in the three or five picks before us in the second round.

I'm pretty sure the Saints wanted Wright there, but Cleveland traded up to get him (I think). Then I know the Seahawks traded up right in front of us to draft Josh Wilson.

All three of those guys were gone when the Saints were up to pick in the 2nd. Harris went way earlier and Wright and Wilson both went in the three or five picks before us in the second round.

I'm pretty sure the Saints wanted Wright there, but Cleveland traded up to get him (I think). Then I know the Seahawks traded up right in front of us to draft Josh Wilson.

I believe you are correct and it was Cleveland taking Wright that caused us to trade down. I was disappointed that we took Usama over Marcus McCauley.

What was the pick in past drafts that hurt you the most when it happened. The one that left you sick in the stomache and wondering jsut what the hell the FO was thinking. Mine was wasting a 4th on Pitman last year when Troy Smith was still on the board.

Sullivan instead of Trufant.

Other than Sullivan over Trufant, I was kinda upset about passing on Moss and Sapp. I believe we also picked Rob Kelly and Tomich (or whatever) over Dillon one year. Don't quote me, since I'm not interested in looking it up.

If I'm honest I'd have to say taking Renaldo Turnbull with the 14th pick in 1990. I mean we had more quality linebackers on that team than we have had in 18 years since and we take a LB!!!
Of course RT goes on to become a great pass rushing end and I was proved totally wrong - but hey, what the hell do I know.

Jonathan Sullivan by a million miles. Given the fact that we had 2 1st RDers, not to mention all the great players we passed up to get the bum.

Ricky Williams....for overall cost and Sully....for stupidity

Alex Molden. I had no idea what kind of drugs they'd been taking. Eddie George was such an obvious pick, and I went, "who is Alex Molden?"

That's the one...Jim Mora Junior got his pick and Eddie George went on to a Hall of Fame career.

That one still stings....

I've never been sicker on draft day than when the Ricky Williams trade went down. Hands down!

Hands down, Erxleban, of all the drafts in my memory, that one topped them all.
Mikeeeee

I can forgive a bust hear and there, and I always grouse when we pass on a player I wanted, but it's giving up multiple choices for a bust that really hurts.

Now we started to get some value back for all those picks we ****** away on Ricky Williams (sorry Miami). But giving up two first round picks for Johnathan Sullivan is a real kick in the groin. And here we are needing a young defensive tackle again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom