The pick that hurt the most. (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
What was the pick in past drafts that hurt you the most when it happened. The one that left you sick in the stomache and wondering jsut what the hell the FO was thinking. Mine was wasting a 4th on Pitman last year when Troy Smith was still on the board.

It was when we moved up and grabbed Jamal Brown. I really wanted Derrick Johnson

Ricky Williams Trade killed me a lil bit inside....

You know i really like Troy Smith. I think he would have been a good fit here.
The pick that hurt was Stinchcomb. I am not going to reach back and say Erxcleben or whatever his name is. I mean picks we made when we had real shots to be a good team.

did troy smith even get drafted? I agree with penn, I really wanted Derrick Johnson or Davis from UGA.

What was the pick in past drafts that hurt you the most when it happened. The one that left you sick in the stomache and wondering jsut what the hell the FO was thinking. Mine was wasting a 4th on Pitman last year when Troy Smith was still on the board.

i give you pittman , but no way because of troy "freaking" smith .
we lost two of our three 4th round picks to get the 4th running back in depth , who got beat out by an UDFA and never saw regular season action....

DB Fred Bennett, DT Tank Tyler , G Many Ramirez , G Josh Beekman , Returner Steve Breaston to name a few .... where all better options at this moment. imagine we could have had two or three backups for good competition and depth , at the end we had a 4th round without any sort of impact or roster appeareance.

this pick hurt me most last year . i also disliked the trade down in round three , letting sit LBs like david harris ( i picked him in a mock draft ) or CB eric wright safety/corner josh wilson ,

i prefer to not even think about last years draft. i can't say i was happy with any of the picks though the dury is still out on all of them because as mentioned the only rookie last year that made any type of impact was UDFA.

lets hope lightening don't strike twice.

I was shocked when we got Sully instead of Trufant and again when we got Brown instead of Johnson.

But to the ones that really hurt, take your pick 73 or 74.

In 73 we traded the #2 overall to Colts for a journeyman DE named Billy Newsome. Could have been Bert Jones or John Hannah.

Then in 74 we picked Ohio State LB Rick Middleton over his teammate Randy Gradishar.

Obviously, the Sully pick was tough to stomach.

Not sure which picks hurt the most, but I wasn't excited about the Stinchcomb pick. I remember getting the vehicle to go to the Hornets-76ers playoff game, that night, and hearing them announce Stinch as the pick --- two players I remember wanting that were still on the board were Rashean Mathis or E.J. Henderson.

The Jamaal Brown draft ... I really wanted Thomas Davis, but would settle for Derrick Johnson. The Brown pick has turned out just fine, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom