The pick that hurt the most. (1 Viewer)

Sullivan was not the guy I wanted in that spot but pretty much everytime we pick in round 2 through 5 I end up saying "but (insert name here) is still on the board, why didnt we take him?". Has anyone looked at our 3rd round picks lately? Not a whos who of success stories

jonathan sullivan over trufant, yelled out a huge obsenity. did the same thing when we picked courtney watson. unfortunately, i was right about both of them. i was wrong about roman harper though. i like him at safety so far.

Obviously, the Sully pick was tough to stomach.

Not sure which picks hurt the most, but I wasn't excited about the Stinchcomb pick. I remember getting the vehicle to go to the Hornets-76ers playoff game, that night, and hearing them announce Stinch as the pick --- two players I remember wanting that were still on the board were Rashean Mathis or E.J. Henderson.

The Jamaal Brown draft ... I really wanted Thomas Davis, but would settle for Derrick Johnson. The Brown pick has turned out just fine, though.

i think mathis was gone by this time

Worst has to be Sullivan.
Alex Molden was also bad.

What was the pick in past drafts that hurt you the most when it happened. The one that left you sick in the stomache and wondering jsut what the hell the FO was thinking. Mine was wasting a 4th on Pitman last year when Troy Smith was still on the board.

Why? We could have used Pittman (which, when Pittman became Pierre Thomas, we did.) Troy Smith would be no more than a backup to Brees. David Jones was taken ahead of Smith, too.

For me, no question: Sully. It's not just because Trufant was still on the board; it's because Trufant, Kevin Williams and Terrell Suggs were still on the board and Sully could have been there at 17, not to mention I never liked the guy to begin with.

For me, no question: Sully. It's not just because Trufant was still on the board; it's because Trufant, Kevin Williams and Terrell Suggs were still on the board and Sully could have been there at 17, not to mention I never liked the guy to begin with.

Troy Polamalu,Nnamdi Asomugha,Osi Umenyoira and Drayton Florence were still available too.

Troy Polamalu,Nnamdi Asomugha,Osi Umenyoira and Drayton Florence were still available too.

True, but they would have been major reaches at #6. In fact, Polamalu and Asomugha were considered reaches when they were drafted. Hindsight's always 20/20, though. Osi was a mid 2nd round pick.

Drayton Florence? Come on, how are you putting him in the same category?

It was when we moved up and grabbed Jamal Brown. I really wanted Derrick Johnson

What's with this hating on Jamal Brown? Without him Brees wouldn't have been so comfortable in the pocket, passing to his elite status now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom