the play at 1:58 left in 4th (1 Viewer)

saintpack

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Against the Rams, in the NFC Championship game killed our run. I have watched that play a lot, and to me, it's that play that killed our season. Drew had just thrown the long pass to Ginn. Maybe Drew threw his arm out on that throw, because the next throw to Thomas at 1:58 was pathetic. If Drew throws that right, to me, it looks like TD. But, Drew throws it way low and behind. This is the play he changed at the line, iir.

what happened on that play? did he really throw his arm out? Is that a thing for a guy like Brees? I never was able to bring myself to watch a replay of that game.

I remember hearing Brees Audibled at the line as the Rams were in all out run stop mode. The pass to MT was low and it stopped the clock and allowed the Rams to save a timeout.

Brees has earned the right to change the play and I do not fault him for that. Had Gary CaValletto not blown the worst non call in nfl history it would not have mattered.

My analysis was when Brees went to the sideline and said let’s play this smart, he knew a first down was better than a TD, while his coach said I want the TD. Drew was not committed on that throw because there was traffic immediately at the snap and I thought he feared a Seattle type pass where it might be intercepted or batted in air so he threw the ball tentatively. The proper sequence should have been run, pass, run to get a first down then winning rather than a TD quickly. Drew knew this, Payton didn’t so Drew was tentative. Heck on the missed interference, he had the TE in the slot wide open in the end zone but was told to throw the safe pass to Coleman.

My analysis was when Brees went to the sideline and said let’s play this smart, he knew a first down was better than a TD, while his coach said I want the TD. Drew was not committed on that throw because there was traffic immediately at the snap and I thought he feared a Seattle type pass where it might be intercepted or batted in air so he threw the ball tentatively. The proper sequence should have been run, pass, run to get a first down then winning rather than a TD quickly. Drew knew this, Payton didn’t so Drew was tentative. Heck on the missed interference, he had the TE in the slot wide open in the end zone but was told to throw the safe pass to Coleman.

I'm drunk but what Coleman was on the roster that year in that game?

All said and done so we’re putting that lost on Brees also along with the Vikings one this year with his 2TO? Darn it we really should’ve drafted Mahomes ??? jokes over

Calm down people it’s ok we get another shot at this for the 4th year hopefully we prevail and Brees rides off in the sunset Probowler, All-Pro, MVP and Super Bowl MVP in that order.

I hope he leaves it all out there, Payton gets him some help and improves play calling and he has the greatest most prolific season a QB has ever had and finishes it off with a ring.

He has 3 weapons on every play now with Cook, Kamara and Thomas .
We add a Stud WR that makes 4 this offense is good but it can be scary good again, with this current roster except a player or 2 at WR
And of course health

Last edited:
The proper sequence should have been run, pass, run to get a first down then winning rather than a TD quickly. Drew knew this, Payton didn’t so Drew was tentative. Heck on the missed interference, he had the TE in the slot wide open in the end zone but was told to throw the safe pass to Coleman.

wow! Can you tell me tonight’s powerball numbers while you’re at it?

wow! Can you tell me tonight’s powerball numbers while you’re at it?

The numbers for tomorrow's Powerball would be more beneficial than tonight's. And the recipe for success is Drew should have taken 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Then, slide to the right, sliiiide to the left, and crisscross! Crisscross!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom