The Player you would most like to see the Saints move up to get... (1 Viewer)

We did last year when we cut both of our DB draft picks. Lattimore, Apple, P-Rob, P.J., Hardee, Sherels, Crawley. We aren't keeping 8 CBs. Let's say Crawley doesn't make it. 7 is still too many. Lattimore and Apple are the starters. Hardee and Sherels are locks for their special teams play. If we draft a corner we'll likely be cutting P-Rob, P.J. or both to make room for him.
None of those players last year were better than the guys that made the roster. If Greedy is picked, then someone else is getting cut. Probably P-Rob if your list is who I have to choose from. By the end of the season, Eli Apple isn't seeing the field much unless someone is injured.

O-Line or WR (Butler!), maybe a penetrating DT...def not Metcalf, he's a one trick pony and is slow laterally with meh breaks outta routes, we don't need that...

Without any question. Hometown boy Irv Smith Jr.

Home town boy, Brother Martin, dad was a beast for Saints and Irv Jr. has the bloodlines to be a beast. Runs phenomenal routes. And did I mention he played for the greatest college coach of all time and played in the best conference? Yeah; I am good with moving up for him.
He wasn't a beast, more like a bust, we drafted him in 1st rd when we already had a great T.E. in Wesly Walls and we let him go to the Panthers, he had a couple of pro bowl seasons with them and Irv Smith didn't do much. his best season was 466 yd.s and 3 TDS. not exactly beast material.

Probably Erik McCoy since he can play guard or center. He would likely be our starting center for a decade. I’m not totally sold on Nick Easton at all. If we get McCoy I could see him or Easton moving to guard next year when Andrus Peat likely walks.

I rather Cody Ford, but if we want a center McCoy would be the better fit. Other than that I wouldn’t trade up for anyone. I wouldn’t mind trading up after that pick to land a receiver in the 3rd unless we see a linebacker we think that can start for us long term.

If we trade up I would like Erik McCoy or Cody Ford. I think both are the best center and guard in the draft. Ford can play some tackle as well. Well there goes Ford!

If we stand pat Elgton Jenkins might be the guy there. If not him then I’ll take a linebacker or receiver.

What? Tampa has a chance to add both Devin White and Greedy Williams, but took Bunting instead. Thought they were gonna double up on LSU Tigers, but nope. Thanks Sucs!

I don’t get that at all. You gotta chance to add two leaders from the same defense in college. They already know each other and have some chemistry.

Without any question. Hometown boy Irv Smith Jr.

Home town boy, Brother Martin, dad was a beast for Saints and Irv Jr. has the bloodlines to be a beast. Runs phenomenal routes. And did I mention he played for the greatest college coach of all time and played in the best conference? Yeah; I am good with moving up for him.

I'd trade up for Irv too.

With the signing of Cook I think we can wait until next year on the TE position. I think you can get a good one later in the draft. We really need oline...a legit starting C and depth....

Payton would absolutely be able to utilize both Cook and Irv. Different skill sets. I'd love to see it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom