The Player you would most like to see the Saints move up to get... (1 Viewer)

There's so much talent left on the board and if the Saints could just hold their horses they'll get a quality prospect. But if they have to move up I'd like to see them go up and get one of the top WRs. Considering only two WRs were taken in the 1st round it would be great value to be able to get a top 3 or 4 WR in the 2nd. Who knows, the top WR on their board might still be available. If that's the case then I wouldn't be surprised if they went up and got him.

Greedy Williams.

You can never have too many quality CBs in today's NFL.

Jaylon Ferguson is next after that...

I’m in a weird place as a Saints fan.

I feel like we need OL help, so that’s where I’d like to go. Or a pass-rusher. Personally, I love a few WRs (especially Brown).

But I’m also completely at ease with whatever the Saints decide to do. I’m oddly comfortable. I’m more excited and anticipating the pick than anxious.

Greedy Williams.

That being said, if we're going to be real here then this is what I think the Saints could actually trade up to get:
  1. Cody Ford, OT/OG
  2. Dalton Risner, OT/OG
  3. Jawaan Taylor, OT/OG
  4. Jaylon Ferguson, DE
  5. Greg Little, OT/OG
  6. Connor McGovern, OG/C
  7. Erik McCoy, OG/C

Trade back into the early 3rd and pick up a 4th and 5th round pick. Trade that 3rd for Rosen. Flip Teddy for a 3rd and a 5th. I know crazy or is it?

I'd like to stay at #62 and then try and get into the beginning of the 3rd. At this point, I'd like to grab and OT and either a WR or TE. Really doesn't matter which one. Simply another target. That being said, I think my favorites are Butler, Deebo, and McLaurin.
I haven't studied up on OL in this draft, so I'm just going to say Offensive Tackle and hope they pick a good one.

That being said, if we're going to be real here then this is what I think the Saints could actually trade up to get:
  1. Cody Ford, OT/OG
  2. Dalton Risner, OT/OG
  3. Jawaan Taylor, OT/OG
  4. Jaylon Ferguson, DE
  5. Greg Little, OT/OG
  6. Connor McGovern, OG/C
  7. Erik McCoy, OG/C
We speak the same language.

I’m in a weird place as a Saints fan.

I feel like we need OL help, so that’s where I’d like to go. Or a pass-rusher. Personally, I love a few WRs (especially Brown).

But I’m also completely at ease with whatever the Saints decide to do. I’m oddly comfortable. I’m more excited and anticipating the pick than anxious.
I know that OL is the right call, but there isn't an OL left in the draft that will push a Saints starter off the line. However, guys like Parris, Deebo, Greedy and Ferguson however will see the field early and often.

Greedy Williams.

We did last year when we cut both of our DB draft picks. Lattimore, Apple, P-Rob, P.J., Hardee, Sherels, Crawley. We aren't keeping 8 CBs. Let's say Crawley doesn't make it. 7 is still too many. Lattimore and Apple are the starters. Hardee and Sherels are locks for their special teams play. If we draft a corner we'll likely be cutting P-Rob, P.J. or both to make room for him.

I'm all for this, the guy I was hoping would drop was Bradbury, I think he was the best C/G in the draft and he was projected by most to go late in the first round but went much earlier....

Really? Irv Smith Sr was a bust IMO....he played 5 seasons with us...never caught more than 45 and never reached 500 yards in a season. He was merely a serviceable TE, that should have been a 3rd or 4th round pick.....

With the signing of Cook I think we can wait until next year on the TE position. I think you can get a good one later in the draft. We really need oline...a legit starting C and depth....
Irv Smith was a dude like Brett perriman. One good season then poof

IF he's still there at 50, i'd switch spots & send next years 5th for Center Elgton Jenkins in a split second.. dude is a straight beast & the Saints would have that young Center they're going to need badly.. it's just a matter of time.

CBSsportsline.com/NFL said:
23. Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State. My No. 1 center, Jenkins is immensely strong and has solid lateral agility to work well in the run game. He's a brick wall in pass protection and almost always balanced.

^needs to be a Saint tonight!

NW.

Last edited:
I don't think they would trade up to the top of the second if they did trade up. Maybe around the 45th at best. I'd imagine those 1st round prospects like Greedy and Metcalf will be gone by then. I'd like Deebo Samuels as a target if they move up. Probably best to stay put and use the ammunition to trade into the third or fourth instead. Hard to say who could fall from 45 to 62 but the gap from your 2nd to 5th is a huge talent drop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom