The Player you would most like to see the Saints move up to get... (1 Viewer)

GeneHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see us sit tight at No. 62, but at this point it is a win we didn't trade into last night's first round.

If we do move up to pick someone early/earlier in round 2... Who is your guy?

I'll go with Cody Ford.

AJ Brown hands down. He's the bonafide slot guy this offense needs and he can still split out wide when needed. Regardless of what people say about his stiffness, he regularly creates separation and runs crisp routes. Would also add YAC that we don't currently have in our WR corps. There will be a run on WR's at the top of the 2nd round, so I think we'd have to move up somewhere in the 33-38 range to get him with maybe our 2019 second and 2020 third. DK and Butler are intriguing, but I don't think they are best suited for our offense or Drew's current abilities/strengths. This move would make the draft for me.

Jawaan Taylor or Cody Ford. Would be nice to have a promising backing at LG/LT Incase Peat or Armstead get injured.

I'm with you on this on.
Not far behind those 2 would be Dalton Risner.

with Taylor and Ford still on the board, maybe that means a guy like Erik McCoy or Dalton Risner falls to 62 for us

Without any question. Hometown boy Irv Smith Jr.

Home town boy, Brother Martin, dad was a beast for Saints and Irv Jr. has the bloodlines to be a beast. Runs phenomenal routes. And did I mention he played for the greatest college coach of all time and played in the best conference? Yeah; I am good with moving up for him.

Jawaan Taylor or Cody Ford. Would be nice to have a promising backing at LG/LT Incase Peat or Armstead get injured.
Taylor has a problem with his knee, which is part of the reason he is falling.

Taylor has a problem with his knee, which is part of the reason he is falling.

Gotcha. I’m more worried about the LG/LT positions than exactly who they take. I’m sure if they feel good enough to trade up for one then they’ve got him graded out pretty high.

Also with Peat not being extended yet, it gives us another option if contract talks don’t go well.

I'm all for this, the guy I was hoping would drop was Bradbury, I think he was the best C/G in the draft and he was projected by most to go late in the first round but went much earlier....

Without any question. Hometown boy Irv Smith Jr.

Home town boy, Brother Martin, dad was a beast for Saints and Irv Jr. has the bloodlines to be a beast. Runs phenomenal routes. And did I mention he played for the greatest college coach of all time and played in the best conference? Yeah; I am good with moving up for him.

Really? Irv Smith Sr was a bust IMO....he played 5 seasons with us...never caught more than 45 and never reached 500 yards in a season. He was merely a serviceable TE, that should have been a 3rd or 4th round pick.....

With the signing of Cook I think we can wait until next year on the TE position. I think you can get a good one later in the draft. We really need oline...a legit starting C and depth....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom