The Polar Express... worth it? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My wife wants to take my sons on the Polar Express. My little one is 1 and oldest is 6. It would be $215 just for the tickets. Is this worth it? I'm finding it hard to say it's worth it. I love to give my kids what makes them happy, but I am struggling with this one.

I'd like to hear some reviews, too. I'd kinda like to go just for myself, I think, but not if it's lame.

so, it's pretty close to here - leaves from St Jacob's and goes to Elmira - and there are several people I know who have gone on it and the consensus is that it's interesting and neat - but typically the reviews are "not worth the money." Unless you are a real fan of the series, it's little more than a novelty.

I've never been myself, so it's hard to judge between that and without knowing how big of fans you are.

My wife has wanted to go the last couple of years because "it sounds pretty cool" (not enough reason for me to book) and because a couple of cousins of hers went last year - one of her cousins has two kids, age 7 and 4 or thereabouts. I'll ask them for more specifics, but if you have some indication of how much you or your family enjoy the book/movie, that might help, too.

Also, there are other things to do in the region, too, if you're going to be here around that time. Not sure if this Polar Express ride would be the primary reason for a trip or if you're planning to be up here anyway and looking for things to do.

so, it's pretty close to here - leaves from St Jacob's and goes to Elmira - and there are several people I know who have gone on it and the consensus is that it's interesting and neat - but typically the reviews are "not worth the money." Unless you are a real fan of the series, it's little more than a novelty.

I've never been myself, so it's hard to judge between that and without knowing how big of fans you are.

My wife has wanted to go the last couple of years because "it sounds pretty cool" (not enough reason for me to book) and because a couple of cousins of hers went last year - one of her cousins has two kids, age 7 and 4 or thereabouts. I'll ask them for more specifics, but if you have some indication of how much you or your family enjoy the book/movie, that might help, too.

Also, there are other things to do in the region, too, if you're going to be here around that time. Not sure if this Polar Express ride would be the primary reason for a trip or if you're planning to be up here anyway and looking for things to do.
Ummmm, I think he’s talking about the one in New Orleans.

My wife wants to take my sons on the Polar Express. My little one is 1 and oldest is 6. It would be $215 just for the tickets. Is this worth it? I'm finding it hard to say it's worth it. I love to give my kids what makes them happy, but I am struggling with this one.
I know people that have done it, the kids had a great time and the parents said meh. I think your 1 yo would be free, and if I remember correctly they have different prices for different dates and times so maybe it would be cheaper than you think. I know they don’t serve booze so you can’t drink your way through it!

Elmira, New York?
Fork them, their stupid hockey team, and their butt crevasse cheeseball of an owner.

Ok. back to your regular scheduled thread.

Well, that was a tangent, but an interesting one, lol.

As for the PE, I think I would wait until the kids are a bit older, say, 10-11 and 5-6 years old. I'm thinking you'd want them to remember it. Otherwise it's really just the older one getting the experience.

Elmira, New York?
Fork them, their stupid hockey team, and their butt crevasse cheeseball of an owner.

Ok. back to your regular scheduled thread.

Elmira, Ontario.

Paris, Texas?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom