The Politics of Celebrities (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Through the years, we've seen threads come and threads go about the Politics of Celebrities. Usually, it's individual threads about some actor waving a gun the NRA (Charlton Heston) or some actress calling for the White House to be burned down (Madonna).

Enter Daniel Radcliffe, the British actor best known as Harry Potter, less known for his totally nude role in Equus.

He's called out Tom Brady for having and displaying a MAGA hat. Not sure why a British actor would feel it's his place to inject himself into American politics, but I like Daniel as Harry Potter. As for Tom Brady, he used to play golf with the Donald, long before he became president.

Daniel Radcliffe Calls Out Tom Brady For His Support Of Donald Trump: ‘Take That MAGA Hat Out Of Your Locker'

Daniel Radcliffe says he is rooting against the Patriots in Super Bowl because of Brady's ties to Trump
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/427146-daniel-radcliffe-says-he-is-rooting-against-the-patriots-in

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Celebrities have the same right as any of us to give their opinions. It’s not their fault more people hear what they say.

It shouldn’t really matter if the person is from the US or the Congo. Free speech applies universally.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome.... makes this Superbowl even more special for Goodell and the NFL... Some Podunct actor that nobody cares about picking on New Englands QB with politics right before the Superbowll

add more people to the boycott now... haha

Thanks Meaningless actor whose opinion in no more valuable than mine... bwwaaahhhaaahhhaa

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Through the years, we've seen threads come and threads go about the Politics of Celebrities. Usually, it's individual threads about some actor waving a gun the NRA (Charlton Heston) or some actress calling for the White House to be burned down (Madonna).

Enter Daniel Radcliffe, the British actor best known as Harry Potter, less known for his totally nude role in Equus.

He's called out Tom Brady for having and displaying a MAGA hat. Not sure why a British actor would feel it's his place to inject himself into American politics, but I like Daniel as Harry Potter. As for Tom Brady, he used to play golf with the Donald, long before he became president.

Daniel Radcliffe Calls Out Tom Brady For His Support Of Donald Trump: ‘Take That MAGA Hat Out Of Your Locker'

Daniel Radcliffe says he is rooting against the Patriots in Super Bowl because of Brady's ties to Trump
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/427146-daniel-radcliffe-says-he-is-rooting-against-the-patriots-in
Also, what did his role in equus have to do with anything?
It’s a pretty amazing play
(Also it’s probably the reason I became a dancer)

travelingsaintsfan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Celebrities have the same right as any of us to give their opinions. It’s not their fault more people hear what they say.

It shouldn’t really matter if the person is from the US or the Congo. Free speech applies universally.
What I don't understand is why celebrities think we care what their opinions are!! At least I don't.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why can’t he have an opinion? He’s in acting and theater. Pretty much for certain he knows and is friends with the LGBTQ population. Trump is hardly a friend to them. His policies towards family separation at the border is repugnant no matter who you are if you care about people and families more than what side of a line they happen to be on.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This reminds me of when Bill O'Reilly would endlessly whine about the left being celebrity obsessive, how celebrities themselves needed to be better role models when some dumb scandal happened, and then get mad and shout about how they should just shut up and act when they advocated causes and political stances he didn't agree with....Then cut to Dennis Miller, Fred Thompson, or some other B-list celebrity to comment about things.

I at least appreciate on the left that there isn't this silly layer of deception about what is really going on. Which is simply attempted pillorying based on politics and positions and vying for cultural supremacy. I might(and certainly do) think it gets taken too far at times on the left, but at least there isn't this tiring game of pretending what this sort of conservative navel gazing is ultimately about.

Last edited:

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why celebrities think we care what their opinions are!! At least I don't.
When you give your opinion are you doing it because you hope people will care? Often they are responding to a question, other times they are just expressing their unsolicited opinion, like we all do every day.

Although, I think it’s pretty clear that people do care a great deal about a celebrity’s opinion based on the public’s response. Even people who disagree with the crlebrity’s opinion seem to care. In fact they seem to care more than those who agree based on their response.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why can’t he have an opinion? .
He can have an opinion... But just because he is a celebratity that does not make his opinion more valuable than yours or mine.

Do You agree?

I just threw in the mention that this is the last thing that Goodell and the NFL need right now in the middle of Superbowl Boycott, is a political statement against NE's QB against him and Trump.. It's just adding fuel to the fire... and I love it.

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
Odd that when celebrities have opinions that are against our own, we don't care or even tell them to shut up. Yet when they have opinions that do mesh with our own, we then laud them for "speaking truth" or "standing up for what they believe in."

:unsure:

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
He can have an opinion... But just because he is a celebratity that does not make his opinion more valuable than yours or mine.

Do You agree?

I just threw in the mention that this is the last thing that Goodell and the NFL need right now in the middle of Superbowl Boycott, is a political statement against NE's QB against him and Trump.. It's just adding fuel to the fire... and I love it.
Has anyone ever said their opinion matters more than yours?

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much VChip. I really don’t care one way or the other what Radcliffe has to say. Or any celebrity either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom