The Politics of Celebrities (2 Viewers)

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Through the years, we've seen threads come and threads go about the Politics of Celebrities. Usually, it's individual threads about some actor waving a gun the NRA (Charlton Heston) or some actress calling for the White House to be burned down (Madonna).

Enter Daniel Radcliffe, the British actor best known as Harry Potter, less known for his totally nude role in Equus.

He's called out Tom Brady for having and displaying a MAGA hat. Not sure why a British actor would feel it's his place to inject himself into American politics, but I like Daniel as Harry Potter. As for Tom Brady, he used to play golf with the Donald, long before he became president.

Daniel Radcliffe Calls Out Tom Brady For His Support Of Donald Trump: ‘Take That MAGA Hat Out Of Your Locker'

Daniel Radcliffe says he is rooting against the Patriots in Super Bowl because of Brady's ties to Trump
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/427146-daniel-radcliffe-says-he-is-rooting-against-the-patriots-in

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I drive a 2018 Maxima. I love it.
The Maxima is my favorite high end sedan before you get to luxury cars like Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, etc. I love those cars. Always have. Do they still have the little sticker on the inside of the driver's side window that says "4DSC" for 4 door sports car?

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
The Maxima is my favorite high end sedan before you get to luxury cars like Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, etc. I love those cars. Always have. Do they still have the little sticker on the inside of the driver's side window that says "4DSC" for 4 door sports car?
My 2012 had that. 4DSC is now on the tail lights. I'll post a pic.

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
My 2012 had that. 4DSC is now on the tail lights. I'll post a pic.
Nice. They really are like 4 door sports cars, IMO. I was going to get one if I went with a sedan when I got a new car last August but I ended up going with a small SUV and got the Mazda CX-5 with the Bose and Touring package. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase, but when I see the new Maximas on the street, I still lust over them because I loved mine so much. I'm sure the 2018 is twice the car my 2008 was - but then again, so is my CX-5 considering the upgrades in technology making it into every level of car, not just the top tier models.

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
Nice. They really are like 4 door sports cars, IMO. I was going to get one if I went with a sedan when I got a new car last August but I ended up going with a small SUV and got the Mazda CX-5 with the Bose and Touring package. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase, but when I see the new Maximas on the street, I still lust over them because I loved mine so much. I'm sure the 2018 is twice the car my 2008 was - but then again, so is my CX-5 considering the upgrades in technology making it into every level of car, not just the top tier models.
I have the SR package . . . It is so much fun to drive. Not a fan of paddle shifters, so I don't use them. Heated/cooled seats are amazing. Gas mileage is better than my 2012. Acceleration is off the chart for a 4 door car. Can't go wrong with Mazda either.

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I have the SR package . . . It is so much fun to drive. Not a fan of paddle shifters, so I don't use them. Heated/cooled seats are amazing. Gas mileage is better than my 2012. Acceleration is off the chart for a 4 door car. Can't go wrong with Mazda either.
Mazda has seriously stepped up their game in the past decade or so. I got mine at Paretti which is also a Jaguar and Land Rover dealer and, honestly, I liked the CX-5 better than I did the 2014 Land Rover I test drove. I've always thought Land Rovers were pretty cool vehicles but had never driven one. After doing so, I don't see why they're so special.

I think we've threadjacked enough talking about our cars. :peace:

OP
OP
DadsDream

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
Hi, Insidejob!

Oh, I love my 2017 Nissan. The gas prices for my 60 mile daily commute to work with our his & hers pair of Silverados was eating me up and racking up mileage way too quickly.

So, last year I picked up a base model Altima with 6,000 miles for $14K. Totally worth it. Daily commute is fun! I can put it in Sport Mode and it does everything I want. Jumps off the line with a pleasing squeal, leans into the curves and comes out the other side like a rocket. Leave it regular drive and it's 37 MPG.

My '74 Javelin roared like a big cat and ate 'Stangs for lunch. I wish I had put that car in storage in 1980 instead of trading it in. The one below is identical to mine, except I had bigger tires on the back, per the fashion of the day to give it a rakish look.

DadCar Javelin.jpg

My old Monte Carlo Z28 growled and purred, loving anything 80 mph and up. Road trip to the Dome for the 2000 playoffs!
1548983223507.png

The Altima sounds more like a sewing machine, but it's got some torque to it. Bluetooth, rearview camera are standard. Hell, I'm happy as a clam.

If you're going to threadjack, better to talk about cars than some bogus BS New York Public Radio podcast propaganda. :hihi:

Besides that, we already had a thread with a poll that conclusively proved that the majority of Political Discussion Board posters believe ALL politicians are liars, so I'm not sure why we keep threadjacking with posts about Trump lying. Seems redundant and pointless. ;)

Take care, buddy!
Dads

OP
OP
DadsDream

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
A Ted Talks parody called “Uncle Ted Talks”, would be an instant hit.
It's been done, to the dismay of PETA snowflakes far and wide. Spirit of the Wild had Uncle Ted teaching how to track, hunt kill, skin, cook and eat God's creatures as He intended.

'Cause as Ted touches on repeatedly, it's a sin to take an animal's life for any reason other than self-preservation.

They were given to Adam for that purpose, or so I was taught from an early age in Missionary Baptist Sunday School.

Ted Nugent has definitely put his celebrity status to use. Love him or hate him, he is an American original - hard rocking redneck.

Yeah, we partied to Ted's Cat Scratch Fever on Friday nights after the game in small towns all over Louisiana, driving our gas guzzling muscle cars through the humid moonlit nights, cruisin' up and down the main drags, picking up girls and living like long haired country boys should.

I had a letter jacket and my dad's candy apple red two door Ford Fairlane 500 and a trunkful of ice chests and beer and girls in three different towns. My buddies were All-American, red-blooded hometown hero types. We joined the Marines right out of high school. We weren't drafted, we freakin' volunteered and were proud to serve.

And we hunted and trapped and fished just like Uncle Ted shows. Some of us have far more in common with this Ted than the other Ted. Don't hate us for it . .. for if you do, you're hating yourselves, Saints fans. It's a Louisiana thing.

http://www.tednugent.com/media/spirit-of-the-wild-tv/
sotw-logo.png

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Ted Nugent, Scott Bain, Tim Allen, James Woods...until recently Caitlyn Jenner...
I can see why the R leaners would prefer us to not listen to celebrities

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No no no. Not their celebrities. They are just fighting back. It’s the liberal extremists that. Have no place speaking out.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Insidejob!

If you're going to threadjack, better to talk about cars than some bogus BS New York Public Radio podcast propaganda. :hihi:

Besides that, we already had a thread with a poll that conclusively proved that the majority of Political Discussion Board posters believe ALL politicians are liars, so I'm not sure why we keep threadjacking with posts about Trump lying. Seems redundant and pointless. ;)

Take care, buddy!
Dads
Your threads are consistently trash DD, that’s why they get derailed.

Some of us at least have the good sense to turn shirt into manure and find something actually worth talking about.

But thanks for the drive by false equivalency and worthless ad hominem, such signals are helpful in their own ways.

Last edited:

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
It's been done, to the dismay of PETA snowflakes far and wide. Spirit of the Wild had Uncle Ted teaching how to track, hunt kill, skin, cook and eat God's creatures as He intended.

'Cause as Ted touches on repeatedly, it's a sin to take an animal's life for any reason other than self-preservation.
But it's totally cool to threaten Hillary Clinton's life.

Also, pretty sure Ted has money. He does not need to hunt for self-preservation, the filthy hypocrite.

Just out of curiosity: As someone who was proud to serve and volunteered to join the Marines, how do you have any respect for a guy like Ted Nugent?

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn’t old Sweaty Teddy also have some ‘splainin to do to the Secret Service after he made some threatening sounds toward Obama?

Yeah, he’s pure class that one. 😏

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
Damn DD, give the guys a chance to get home, eat, play with the kids, and then do battle. In all honesty, I'll believe it once the factory is up and running and people have received a paycheck . . .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom