The Post Season is just a Tick away (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
So, we've made it to the final month of Football - NFL Style! This season has not gone entirely to plan, either. There have been ups and downs. We've lost key players (Drew, Armstead, Anzalone, Peat), we've played flat (the 1st Falcons Game), and we've still come out ahead. We are currently rated the #1 Seed in the NFC.

We have seen great things throughout this season so far. Teams have come out of nowhere (Niners, Ravens), and teams are imploding before our very eyes (Cowboys, Bears, Patriots, Falcons, Panthers). This is your typical NFL Season! Just because you think you know something, doesn't always mean that you really do!

This year, we can see just who the elite teams are:

Saints
Ravens
Niners
Seahawks

These are some of the teams that you know are going to be there come Heck or High water. These teams are finding ways to win, even when they aren't at their best on the field. No matter what adversity they are going through, they just keep on winning. We lose our HOF QB, and we win 5 in a row with a backup, Game Managing QB. The Ravens get rid of their Superbowl winning QB and replace him with a high draft pick, and they are better than ever. Niners come off a last place finish the year before, and have been leading the NFC all season long. The Seahawks just keep winning, no matter that they lose guys like Richard Sherman.

You also have very good teams:

Packers
Patriots
Vikings
Bills
Texans

These are teams that can beat anyone on a given Sunday. These are teams that you don't really want to play, because they can slip up on you and beat you. They are always a threat. Whether it's a QB, a Defense, or an Offense, they have something they can hang their hats on as a team. You can't overlook them.

Then, there are the new "lovable" losers:

Cowboys
Falcons
Bronco's
Panthers
Bears

And, so on. These teams can beat you, but most likely will instead find a way to lose the game! With teams like the Cowboys and Falcons, you love it!

Now, we are getting close to the Playoffs. Seeding is greatly important, and the elite teams are fighting for that privelidge of hosting a playoff game, or having the Superbowl come through their stadium.

This is why I love this time of year. Whoulda, shoulda, coulda......Playoffs! Playoffs! Heck, I'd just like to win a game.......Famous speeches that really should be about this time of year!

You never know what's going to happen. You can speculate, debate, and even shout out what you think is going to happen, but then it all comes down to simply who wants it more. It's all great fun! Geaux Saints!

I just went and read up on the matchups coming up in this next game, and the analyst gave the majority of the best of the best to the Niners. Gave them the better D-line as well. I just don't see that.

This is another thing about this time of year. Everybody has their own opinions, true. But, if you have 2 teams playing, and they both have the same record, how can you give the majority of the best of the units to one team?

That's why I love the playoffs. That is where the true test comes from. That's where you seperate the men from the boys. Geaux Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom