The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today (1 Viewer)

OP
Saint Kamara

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Didn't Tampa drop like 3 INTs today?
That would be incorrect.

Not sure what game you were watching, but that's a rather ridiculous question. He had one pass almost intercepted but that was because they were interfering with Sanders trying to catch the ball.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
He just has a different mindset these past 3+ years.

Even with some minimal decline in physical talent, it's more than made up for with his smarts and decision making.
Your 100% correct. There is a major amount of poise that he has shown. Don’t be fooled this is something he has worked on as much as his arm strength and accuracy.

Drew is a Smarter, Sharper version of himself. And to that end, he’s setting a great example for the young guys. You have to execute and you have to be aggressive, but at the same time, the timing of these things can be extremely powerful.

He has set the stage for us to be successful withoutthe adversity of reckless decisions. That is why he the GreatestEver!

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Didn't Tampa drop like 3 INTs today?
He had one that was picked but was a clear DPI

The only other one that I would argue we got lucky with is the one in the redzone that he kind of forced to Sanders.

So I'd say you can argue he had 1 pass that could have been picked. Unless I'm missing another pass.

Drew knows he can't sling it like he used to. So he makes up for it with ball security. It's a big reason why although our offense isn't explosive as it used to be, we're still a top offense.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
He had a few really questionable throws, but none of the "that should have been picked" throws.
Not so sure on that. He was pretty sharp. All QBs have some questionable throws every game. His throws got there and Outside of maybe a cook pass, I didn’t think they were questionable throws at all.

First Time Poster

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He had one that was picked but was a clear DPI

The only other one that I would argue we got lucky with is the one in the redzone that he kind of forced to Sanders.

So I'd say you can argue he had 1 pass that could have been picked. Unless I'm missing another pass.

Drew knows he can't sling it like he used to. So he makes up for it with ball security. It's a big reason why although our offense isn't explosive as it used to be, we're still a top offense.
Imo, the pass to Sanders where we got DPI called was a bad throw too. It was definitely DPI but it was also triple coverage too.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Imo, the pass to Sanders where we got DPI called was a bad throw too. It was definitely DPI but it was also triple coverage too.
You're thinking of another pass than the one I was referring to but yes that one too was a very risky throw.

He also had a throw to Sanders where the Bucs actually picked it off but it was because the DB was holding Sanders.

At the 7:28 mark

Innotech

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Even with some minimal decline in physical talent, it's more than made up for with his smarts and decision making.
He has a more complete team to pick up some slack and doesnt require him to save the day.
Complimentary team football.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Not so sure on that. He was pretty sharp. All QBs have some questionable throws every game. His throws got there and Outside of maybe a cook pass, I didn’t think they were questionable throws at all.
The one he forced in the redzone into the right side of the endzone when Sanders was triple covered is one that stands out as questionable. There was no chance that pass was going to be complete and worst case it gets intercepted. Better to just throw it into the stands there.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

We've had a much better defense the past 3+ seasons compared to the 3 seasons before that. Makes a huge difference in not forcing the issue in the passing game.

terrytogo

Whatever my peers call me
Reaction score
Drew has focused on ball protection more these last few years. Tampa's defense is no slouch either; I'll take a game like this every week. We should've had a 40 burger in what most consider a "sloppy" game.

OP
Saint Kamara

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The one he forced in the redzone into the right side of the endzone when Sanders was triple covered is one that stands out as questionable. There was no chance that pass was going to be complete and worst case it gets intercepted. Better to just throw it into the stands there.
The DB made a great play but could only get his finger tips on the ball. And if he doesn't do that, it's a perfectly thrown ball to Sanders for a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 55
Drew Brees buys luxury Canal Street condo, celebrity news site reports Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Krodwhodat Drew Brees and the Oline Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Looking for Drew's 2nd half/OT numbers..... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
BREENO Drew Brees has been throwing passes at receivers feet all year long. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees improves to 4-0 against the Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Michael Thomas suspension: “We’re going to be all good” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees addresses Michael Thomas suspension: 'We're going to be all good' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees "feel crazy" after New Orleans Saints punish Los Angeles Chargers 30-27 Week 5 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers score: Drew Brees rallies New Orleans to overtime win over Justin Herbert and Los Angeles SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Locker Room (Smack Allowed) 72
What if Drew Brees has a change of heart and wants to return for 2021? Do we risk losing Jameis like we did with Teddy or do we honor Drew's wish Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 99
After facing Tom Brady, Chargers rookie Justin Herbert takes on Drew Brees, Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Drew Brees looks to stay perfect against Chargers team that drafted him in 2001 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 5 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 4 Bold Predictions - Drew Brees to have a big game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees Air Stats Over 10 Yards Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
Saints should start Jameis over Brees during an 'easy' 4-game stretch - Domonique Foxworth Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 115
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Marty_Graw Brees purchases Condo on Canal St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
jasonsw Brees last 4 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 87
Dan in Lafayette Brees gratified by Sanders' rising role in Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Brees’ Saints somehow get win over Herbert’s Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees leads 17-point rally as Saints win 'wild one' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Brees Color Rush jersey XL Trading Post 1