The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today (1 Viewer)

Didn't Tampa drop like 3 INTs today?
That would be incorrect.

Not sure what game you were watching, but that's a rather ridiculous question. He had one pass almost intercepted but that was because they were interfering with Sanders trying to catch the ball.

He just has a different mindset these past 3+ years.

Even with some minimal decline in physical talent, it's more than made up for with his smarts and decision making.
Your 100% correct. There is a major amount of poise that he has shown. Don’t be fooled this is something he has worked on as much as his arm strength and accuracy.

Drew is a Smarter, Sharper version of himself. And to that end, he’s setting a great example for the young guys. You have to execute and you have to be aggressive, but at the same time, the timing of these things can be extremely powerful.

He has set the stage for us to be successful withoutthe adversity of reckless decisions. That is why he the GreatestEver!

Didn't Tampa drop like 3 INTs today?
He had one that was picked but was a clear DPI

The only other one that I would argue we got lucky with is the one in the redzone that he kind of forced to Sanders.

So I'd say you can argue he had 1 pass that could have been picked. Unless I'm missing another pass.

Drew knows he can't sling it like he used to. So he makes up for it with ball security. It's a big reason why although our offense isn't explosive as it used to be, we're still a top offense.

He had a few really questionable throws, but none of the "that should have been picked" throws.
Not so sure on that. He was pretty sharp. All QBs have some questionable throws every game. His throws got there and Outside of maybe a cook pass, I didn’t think they were questionable throws at all.

He had one that was picked but was a clear DPI

The only other one that I would argue we got lucky with is the one in the redzone that he kind of forced to Sanders.

So I'd say you can argue he had 1 pass that could have been picked. Unless I'm missing another pass.

Drew knows he can't sling it like he used to. So he makes up for it with ball security. It's a big reason why although our offense isn't explosive as it used to be, we're still a top offense.

Imo, the pass to Sanders where we got DPI called was a bad throw too. It was definitely DPI but it was also triple coverage too.

Imo, the pass to Sanders where we got DPI called was a bad throw too. It was definitely DPI but it was also triple coverage too.
You're thinking of another pass than the one I was referring to but yes that one too was a very risky throw.

He also had a throw to Sanders where the Bucs actually picked it off but it was because the DB was holding Sanders.

At the 7:28 mark

Even with some minimal decline in physical talent, it's more than made up for with his smarts and decision making.

He has a more complete team to pick up some slack and doesnt require him to save the day.
Complimentary team football.

Not so sure on that. He was pretty sharp. All QBs have some questionable throws every game. His throws got there and Outside of maybe a cook pass, I didn’t think they were questionable throws at all.

The one he forced in the redzone into the right side of the endzone when Sanders was triple covered is one that stands out as questionable. There was no chance that pass was going to be complete and worst case it gets intercepted. Better to just throw it into the stands there.

We've had a much better defense the past 3+ seasons compared to the 3 seasons before that. Makes a huge difference in not forcing the issue in the passing game.

Drew has focused on ball protection more these last few years. Tampa's defense is no slouch either; I'll take a game like this every week. We should've had a 40 burger in what most consider a "sloppy" game.

The one he forced in the redzone into the right side of the endzone when Sanders was triple covered is one that stands out as questionable. There was no chance that pass was going to be complete and worst case it gets intercepted. Better to just throw it into the stands there.
The DB made a great play but could only get his finger tips on the ball. And if he doesn't do that, it's a perfectly thrown ball to Sanders for a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom