The President of the National Association of Evangelicals is GAY!!! (alleged) (1 Viewer)

You guys are so wrong. I can't believe you all can sit there and say these things about a guy that uses his own money to buy drugs to get them off the streets trying to protect the young people of this great nation. Not only does he do this but then he hires a struggling guy to help stimulate his local economy.

Mr Haggard is evidently messed up and has been out of fellowship with Christ for a long time but do not take comfort in his sin....but be wise

Paul said that men were unwise comparing themselves among themselves with implication of justifying their own sinful lifestyles.

Make no mistake every man will stand at the judgment seat by themselves and give account of his or her life, some will have the benefit of the merits of Christ, and other's only self-righteousness based on their own merit.

Some are deceived who profess Christ but their lives deny it-for in truth they do not know him and their belief is no better than the devils who "believe in God" yet do not honor him with their lives.

Other people walk in sin even though they are true Christians. Some may question this but the contradiction is easily understood by the fact that these Christians are out of fellowship with Christ through the decietfulness of sin thus they are cut off from the daily infusion of God's life which manifests itself in true love that is expressed in holy living.

Make no mistake about it Christ makes a difference, and if he doesn't in your life then you have sin problems. (whether you need forgiveness or restoration)

God Loves All men but he will judge those who reject the Christ of the Bible-even those who profess belief yet live in accord with this age of sin thus proving that their profession of faith in God is not a true faith but a psuedo faith.

(the scripture says judgment begins in the house of God)

God so Love the World He gave his only begotten son

Christ died for the ungodly (not to leave them that way but deliver them from the bondage of sinful lifestyles)

No man is free from ever sinning but the Christian that is is right relationship with God is free from a lifestyle of sin.

IYFC

You guys are so wrong. I can't believe you all can sit there and say these things about a guy that uses his own money to buy drugs to get them off the streets trying to protect the young people of this great nation. Not only does he do this but then he hires a struggling guy to help stimulate his local economy.

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

.........:_rofl:

Mr Haggard is evidently messed up and has been out of fellowship with Christ for a long time but do not take comfort in his sin....but be wise

Paul said that men were unwise comparing themselves among themselves with implication of justifying their own sinful lifestyles.

Make no mistake every man will stand at the judgment seat by themselves and give account of his or her life, some will have the benefit of the merits of Christ, and other's only self-righteousness based on their own merit.

Some are deceived who profess Christ but their lives deny it-for in truth they do not know him and their belief is no better than the devils who "believe in God" yet do not honor him with their lives.

Other people walk in sin even though they are true Christians. Some may question this but the contradiction is easily understood by the fact that these Christians are out of fellowship with Christ through the decietfulness of sin thus they are cut off from the daily infusion of God's life which manifests itself in true love that is expressed in holy living.

Make no mistake about it Christ makes a difference, and if he doesn't in your life then you have sin problems. (whether you need forgiveness or restoration)

God Loves All men but he will judge those who reject the Christ of the Bible-even those who profess belief yet live in accord with this age of sin thus proving that their profession of faith in God is not a true faith but a psuedo faith.

Christ died for the ungodly (not to leave them that way but deliver them from the bondage of sinful lifestyles)

No man is free from ever sinning but the Christian that is is right relationship with God is free from a lifestyle of sin.

IYFC

What I take from this is that when it comes to the gays, Christians need to mind their own business and worry about their own souls.

jesus_hockey.jpg

And my uncle, the longtime S. Baptist minister, wonders why I eschew organized religion more and more by the day (not to be confused with discarding my belief in God). I would give him a call just to remind him of what I told him not 2 months ago, but he's an old man and doesn't deserve that type of disrespect.

BD, I had a priest once who liked to say, "Organized religion is only good at one thing - trying to control people." Odd, when you consider this came from an Orthodox priest, but then he would say that is why he liked our church - we are too disorganized and fight among ourselves too much to have much time left to control anyone.

What I take from this is that when it comes to the gays, Christians need to mind their own business and worry about their own souls.

No what you should get from it is that every man should not think he is righteous in God's eyes because he can find someone he or she considers less righteous that is a "Christian".

No man is going to boast of his or her righteousness before the Righteous Judge he or she will either Have Christ's Righteousness or his or her own filthy righteousness which value is overestimated to their peril.

BTW Christians have an obligation to warn those who are on a path of destruction or else we will be judged for our silence. Thank God we are not made to force people to comply but just to warn.

honestly if I was a heathen and had no respect for God's ways I would at least appreciate the fact that Christianity is truly a religion of persuasion not one of forced compulsion. (of course their were cultic forms of Christianity that did many evil things in the name of God and Christ yet in absolute disobedience to Christ's words and example)

IYFC

snooooze

I'm going to sin tonight! Can't wait!

"local economy".

I hope he used a rubber on his "local economy."

honestly if I was a heathen and had no respect for God's ways I would at least appreciate the fact that Christianity is truly a religion of persuasion not one of forced compulsion. (of course their were cultic forms of Christianity that did many evil things in the name of God and Christ yet in absolute disobedience to Christ's words and example)

Conversion by sword has definitely seen a sharp decline in the US, but current forms of Christianity do have a habit of trying to force us heathens to comply with their beliefs.

No what you should get from it is that every man should not think he is righteous in God's eyes because he can find someone he or she considers less righteous that is a "Christian".

BTW Christians have an obligation to warn those who are on a path of destruction or else we will be judged for our silence. Thank God we are not made to force people to comply but just to warn.

So your first sentence should read....

"No what you should get from it is that every man should not think he is righteous in God's eyes because he can find someone he or she considers less righteous than himself unless he is a Christian."

Disgraced Haggard: I am a "deceiver and a liar"

By Eric Gorski
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated:11/05/2006 07:39:25 PM MST

In a letter of apology read to the congregation of New Life Church Sunday morning, Ted Haggard confessed to sexual immorality and described himself as "a deceiver and a liar." But in baring his soul to an outside investigative board, Haggard claimed he is not gay and did not engage in homosexual conduct, the head of the panel said.

Describing a lifelong battle against temptations that were contrary to his teachings, Haggard wrote in his letter he had sought assistance "in a variety of ways," and while he had stretches of "freedom," nothing proved effective.

"There is a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I've been warring against it all of my adult life," Haggard wrote.

Stockstill said Haggard indicated that there were "warning signs" about his sexual desires early in his life. Stockstill said he is confident Haggard would regard homosexuality not as a predisposition, but a temptation to be fought.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4607865

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom