The problem is not Winston (1 Viewer)

The Ingram fumble killed us. We were gashing them for big yardage each run. If we had scored on that drive then we could of kept running it down their throats with success and they would of had to sell out to stop the run which would of opened up the passing game a lot more.

I made a post before the game about Ingram fumbling. I just don’t trust him anymore. We brought him back because we were desperate and now it’s bitten us in the ***. We win that game if we score on that drive and he holds onto the football.
The Ingram fumble was almost identical and as impactful as Cooks fumble in the playoffs.

It completely swung momentum and the Bucs took full advantage.

That game was so similar to that playoff game it was eerie.

If you watch a game where the quarterback throws 3 interceptions (with one being a pick 6) and a load of other bad decisions/throws then decide to say he isn’t the problem, you simply don’t understand football.
Soooooooooooooooooo if we pull up tape from post game reactions um lets say....2021 divisional round playoffs you, @gummbo70114 and @Infoman won't be on record blaming Cook for the loss?

Because there were 3 interceptions...one virtually a pick 6 (returned to 2) and freaking everybody blamed Cook for the loss.

Nice try, but he threw 3 interceptions including a pick six. Watching a national show this morning and they showed clearly on the forced deep throws he had open receivers underneath. That is the result of bad decisions by the quarterback. While we were still tied at 3-3 he simply missed receivers with bad throws. They are out of sync if the throw is to the outside and receiver turns in, or stops when the ball is thrown deep. Jameis was way, way, way off on just about every throw. Was he the only thing wrong? No. Looking at you Olave and Ingram. But when the quarterback is off, nothing else matters.
I still say what I said before the game started when we found out that he had four cracked vertebrae…play Dalton until Jameis is fully healthy. Nothing against Jameis. The goal is to put the best 11 on the field on offense and defense. Jameis isn’t healthy.

I’m confused why people keep bringing up the Ingram fumble? The question isn’t when and where exactly was the “turning point” of the game…the question wasn’t who is to blame for the loss…

The question/topic was whether or not Winston had a good or bad performance and is he part of the issue

Regardless of Ingram’s fumble, we still only had 3 points leading up to the fumble.

3 points with bad throws and inaccurate passes left to right.

3 points.

You can’t even deny that Winston is not part of the issue.

I’m confused why people keep bringing up the Ingram fumble? The question isn’t when and where exactly was the “turning point” of the game…the question wasn’t who is to blame for the loss…

The question/topic was whether or not Winston had a good or bad performance and is he part of the issue

Regardless of Ingram’s fumble, we still only had 3 points leading up to the fumble.

3 points.

It's being brought up because Cooks' fumble has been the blame of our loss in the playoffs a few years back even though Brees played just as bad (or possibly worse) than Jameis did yesterday.

It's being brought up because Cooks' fumble has been the blame of our loss in the playoffs a few years back even though Brees played just as bad (or possibly worse) than Jameis did yesterday.
I said ingrams fumble

Lost his patience? The guy was under duress the entire afternoon. I have a novel idea maybe it's not the offensive line, receivers or running backs or Winston, just maybe it's coaching. (1) We brought in Marrone this offseason and by the looks of it, the line is worse. We have co-defensive coordinators and it appears I defense is by far worse. Absolute no pressure is being applied by a vaunted defensive line. I am true believer that it is easy to blame the players. But hardly anyone looks at the coaching. Please don't flame me out, or go for it if what you say something logical, but, I personally do not have confidence in Dennis Allen. I respect what he did as our DC but head coaching is different, I am not at all thrill with Pete Carmichael so far this season. How can a guy be name OC for nine years working under the shadow of the Guru Sean Payton and so far he ochestrated two games of lack luster offensive performance. If the players aren't buying into the scheme we are going to have quite a few games where it appears we are just winging it. and by just a side note. But the music yesterday in the Dome was not horrible it was absolutely Putrid.

Guess we’ll just pretend he didn’t force deep passes to a covered receiver, neglecting wide open receivers underneath.

And when he threw to open receivers underneath, it was often thrown behind them.

Bad reads and throws are definitely on the coaching staff. And NOT on the QB actually throwing the ball. You’re right

3 points.

Brady didn't do much in the 1st half, till the fight. Tampa was due, they wanted it so bad.

Guess we’ll just pretend he didn’t force deep passes to a covered receiver, neglecting wide open receivers underneath.

And when he threw to open receivers underneath, it was often thrown behind them.

Bad reads and throws are definitely on the coaching staff. And NOT on the QB actually throwing the ball. You’re right
We can also pretend that we have perhaps the deadliest slant man in the NFL in recent memory and few said calls for that person.

I said ingrams fumble
It's the double standard that nobody wants to talk about. Ingram's fumble happened. Bucs did their thing. SR, you included, blame Winston for three INTS after. Cooks fumble. Bucs do their thing, blame Cooks fumble not the following 3 Brees INTS. Do you see it now?

It's the double standard that nobody wants to talk about. Ingram's fumble happened. Bucs did their thing. SR, you included, blame Winston for three INTS after. Cooks fumble. Bucs do their thing, blame Cooks fumble not the following 3 Brees INTS. Do you see it now?
The Bucs didn't do their thing after Ingram fumbled. They gained 19 yards and punted. Two plays later Winston threw an INT. The Bucs then did their thing after that by driving 80 yards for a TD.

I disagree with most of you in here, yesterday he threw a couple int's, but the the real problem is our offense is out of sink. This is because of injury's and no one is in sink. Everyone is going back to Winston throwing 30 int's in a season, in 2010 Brees threw 22, he was up there with Winston but no one mentions that. I feel that our offense is going to struggle until they all practice together and are in sink with each other. What made Drew good was he knew what the WR was going to do and going to be. With this group he would look the same as Winston because everyone is out of sink. Put that together with had vanilla and bad our play calling looks. We need to go back to the old days and run more jet sweep (and the 101 plays off of it), slants, rubs, screens, and get back to our old style of play. Use the pass to set up the run, bring Hill in more, keep the other team up for hour and hours with all the plays that they have to worry about. We now have the D, get back to the old Offense. Come on Pete its your time to shine, do something....

That's exactly what happened.

What I want to see is something a little shy of no risk it, we have the players to push vertically and even with Kamara out, we have the running backs to give him the underneath outlet. We're suppressing his potential good early in the game, but exposing him to situations where his worst can come out later in the game.

Open the damn offense up....and before someone says we did throw deep to Olave 4 times...that isn't necessarily opening the offense up....those plays are/were single read deep shots. We're still running bunched up short concepts 98% of the time. We have to get to where we're making the defense defend the entire field - all of the time, this stuff we're doing aint gonna cut it, the entire NFL has seen this for years and has passed us up.
I agree. We're stuck in this runt of keeping everything within 12 yards or less. We need to open things back up. We have the receivers to push things. We're being too conservative early on, therefore, we get behind, We're not going to pull off Atlanta type wins every week playing the way we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom