The problem of White Supremacy - Spinoff from Buffalo Shooting thread (1 Viewer)

The most brilliant part of this whole issue is that the top 1% has managed to pit the bottom 70% against each other. Poor and disadvantaged people have far more in common than they have with those who exploit their differences to sow discord.

There are levels to it. Being poor and white in this country isn't the same as being black and poor.

It might look the same on the surface, but that's as deep as it goes.

Lots of distinctions have been made about how they treat drug addictions and the difference in response to the crack epidemic vs. the opiod epidemic.

There's some variation of that (difference in treatment) at every level.

Look at what the senator said about maternal deaths. White women and Black women die, but if we don't count the Black women...

Our deaths aren't even treated the same. We're dead! Surely we're equal then?! Nope.
That is one of the most ignorant and appalling things I've ever heard a politician say, and that's a low bar indeed. Are we back to the 3/5 rule??

Now let's see if he gets re-elected.

No, being poor and white is not the same as being poor and black.

The most brilliant part of this whole issue is that the top 1% has managed to pit the bottom 70% against each other. Poor and disadvantaged people have far more in common than they have with those who exploit their differences to sow discord.
The greatest trick the rich in the USA have ever pulled off is convincing the poor it's their own fault they're poor. If a leader is ever able to unite the armed disenfranchised whites with the armed disenfranchised blacks, it's over for the 1%.

When you're talking anything post WW2 you're talking about things people's grandparents and parents said, did and thought (many of whom are still alive)

No one wants their 4th grade grandchild coming up to them saying they just learned about school segregation and ask 'how did you feel about going to school with black kids Grandpa?' when Grandpa knows good and well he was 100% against it

1EB42AEF-2857-4FFA-8C0C-38077F4EA76C.jpeg

Again. I don’t personally think that. I don’t know I don’t have kids in school. It is what I have heard from people who are concerned or stressed about CRT.
Born male trans athletes competing against born female athletes is almost a completely made up controversy
OTOH
CRT is a completely manufactured issue - the white tears are completely manufactured as well

You misunderstand or I didn’t state my intentions well. I basically mean a child should learn about our history, both the honorable and the horrible but not to feel as if it is their fault. Blame is on the people who committed those atrocities not on an 8 year old in a classroom being told he is white and he is at fault. I was saying that these are the things I hear when talking to people with kids in school. My children are all close to 30 and are not attending school.

While a large portion of white people allowed slavery there was another large portion of white people who fought and died to do what was right. There is a balance out there that still tilts too much in one direction but I am hopeful just based on my own family that every year this scale moves closer to equality. It isn’t perfect and it never will be. The equality can’t come fast enough for everyone, but already in my life I have seen change and growth.
Probably best to teach those kids that at that time, they were probably not white
‘White’ was almost exclusively Anglo-Saxon (ie English - even Irish weren’t white and Germans weren’t really either)
By WW1 both Anglos and Teutons were white but most Mediterraneans were not
By WW2 most Europeans were white but Jews certainly were not (nor Turks and Slavs)

So if they learn there’s really no such thing as whiteness, then they won’t have to worry about white tears

All based on race.

When the labor movement in the northern cities was all white folk, there was unity among labor.

As if I didn't hate Wells Fargo enough already, then I find this. What the hell people?! Racism and misogyny are still alive and well in corporate culture. Unreal.

Born male trans athletes competing against born female athletes is almost a completely made up controversy
OTOH
CRT is a completely manufactured issue - the white tears are completely manufactured as well
You should send them hugs and kisses for their tears, they are offended.

So, this happened, need to look at why this kid thought this was okay and/or funny
=======================================================
Angela and her husband Mike weren't ready when their daughter showed them a disturbing social media post Thursday night.

They say the post shows their daughter's Aliso Niguel High School classmate holding a racist prom invite, saying, "If you went to prom with me, it would take my breath away" next to a photo of George Floyd.

"It had a Black Lives fist up on it and a picture of George Floyd and at that point and I was like, 'Are you serious? They're making this a joke?'" said Mike, whose daughter attends Aliso Niguel High School.

Their daughter is biracial and also going to Aliso Niguel's prom this weekend, and they don't want the boy involved to be there.

"We really just don't want this kid around our daughter, plain and simple," said Mike.

Prom is a event, said Angela.

"They've already been robbed of two years of high school through COVID, and so the excitement they had -- literally the day before -- for prom versus the excitement they had last night, or the defeat they had last night, was heartbreaking," she said.........

As a parent one of your many jobs is pointing your kids moral compass and teaching love and compassion. Kids aren't born with hate....it's learned. Even basic right from wrong lessons. These parents have failed at one or all of those.
Why are those parents teaching hate?

So you’re saying white kids should learn to feel bad and guilty? I am honestly confused.
Why would innocent people feel guilty?

When I learned about redlining, the Tulsa massacre, numerous ways white mistreated slaves, etc I didn't feel guilty at all. I felt angry, sad, appalled, disgusted but not for one second did I feel guilty.

Why would innocent people feel guilty?

When I learned about redlining, the Tulsa massacre, numerous ways white mistreated slaves, etc I didn't feel guilty at all. I felt angry, sad, appalled, disgusted but not for one second did I feel guilty.
I mean don’t assign blame on a 3rd grader. I have also said I don’t know anything about what’s being taught and that this is just what I have heard some people saying…

So, this happened, need to look at why this kid thought this was okay and/or funny
=======================================================
Angela and her husband Mike weren't ready when their daughter showed them a disturbing social media post Thursday night.

They say the post shows their daughter's Aliso Niguel High School classmate holding a racist prom invite, saying, "If you went to prom with me, it would take my breath away" next to a photo of George Floyd.

"It had a Black Lives fist up on it and a picture of George Floyd and at that point and I was like, 'Are you serious? They're making this a joke?'" said Mike, whose daughter attends Aliso Niguel High School.

Their daughter is biracial and also going to Aliso Niguel's prom this weekend, and they don't want the boy involved to be there.

"We really just don't want this kid around our daughter, plain and simple," said Mike.

Prom is a event, said Angela.

"They've already been robbed of two years of high school through COVID, and so the excitement they had -- literally the day before -- for prom versus the excitement they had last night, or the defeat they had last night, was heartbreaking," she said.........

fwiw ‘Aliso niguel’ is just a combination of parts of the names of 2 surrounding areas

Many whites have struggled to make it in the USA, and I feel classification and bias related to socio-economic level is the next piece of prejudice in this county. If you're poor, you can be marginalized just as easily as if you're a POC. Now try being a poor POC and you're really SOL.
Which is why poor whites don't want to see minorities treated equally. As long as there are poor minorities with things worse than them, they are shielded from being the target of the worst mistreatment by the elite in this country.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom