The Professor, the Bikini Model, and the Suitcase Full of Trouble (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Hilarious article - proves that there is a major difference between "educated" and "smart".

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/m...ase-full-of-trouble.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

In November 2011, Paul Frampton, a theoretical particle physicist, met Denise Milani, a Czech bikini model, on the online dating site Mate1.com. She was gorgeous — dark-haired and dark-eyed, with a supposedly natural DDD breast size. In some photos, she looked tauntingly steamy; in others, she offered a warm smile. Soon, Frampton and Milani were chatting online nearly every day. Frampton would return home from campus — he’d been a professor in the physics and astronomy department at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for 30 years — and his computer would buzz. “Are you there, honey?” They’d chat on Yahoo Messenger for a while, and then he’d go into the other room to take care of something. A half-hour later, there was the familiar buzz. It was always Milani. “What are you doing now?”

He hoped to meet Milani the next morning, but by then she had been called away to another photo shoot in Brussels. She promised to send him a ticket to join her there, so Frampton, who had checked into the Eva Palace Hotel, worked on a physics paper while he waited for it to arrive. He and Milani kept in regular contact. A ticket to Buenos Aires eventually came, with the promise that another ticket to Brussels was on the way. All Milani asked was that Frampton do her a favor: bring her a bag that she had left in La Paz.

Read it....kinda sad. For all the massive brain power this man has, he lost a majority of his common sense.

I wonder if that is due to his intelligence/educated mind taking over or "filling" up to the point that parts of the brain where common sense lies is actually taken up by other knowledge?

But i also guess there is something to be said about vulnerability.

I think he was just miserable in his life and didn't really care what happened as long as something/anything happened. Thanks for the article!

Read it....kinda sad. For all the massive brain power this man has, he lost a majority of his common sense.

I wonder if that is due to his intelligence/educated mind taking over or "filling" up to the point that parts of the brain where common sense lies is actually taken up by other knowledge?

But i also guess there is something to be said about vulnerability.

It's really more simple than that IMO.

There are different parts of the brain. And I'm pretty sure that the libido/sex portion of the brain can override the part of the brain that allows people to become accomplished in areas of science and reason. Because the sex part is far more primal and basic than the rational part.

"Thinking with your [insert name for male genitalia]" is not just an expression. I think it actually works that way - it's different parts of the brain. And it's powerful.

Well, the bright side, I guess, is that while he's serving two years of house arrest in Argentina maybe he'll have time to solve his Theory-of-Everything.

And, given the axiomatic nature of TTIUWP, here are Denise and the Professor, from The Telegraph:

Milani-frampton_2285818b.jpg

My father in law is a retired history professor. He is a very intelligent and highly educated. However, he cannot drive a nail or screw a screw. All the book learning a fella could want, but he severely lacks common knowledge.

I felt sorry for him till the text messages were brought up.

C'mon- dude knew what was happening.

My father in law is a retired history professor. He is a very intelligent and highly educated. However, he cannot drive a nail or screw a screw. All the book learning a fella could want, but he severely lacks common knowledge.

Most professors can't drive worth a damn either. I know I have been in the car with a few of them... scary stuff.

What's common to one is foreign to another. Common sense applies more to a hot model type seducing a 70 year old to mule cocaine. I have a lot of friends who would automatically call AAA than change their own tire. It doesn't mean they don't have common sense. They just arent familiar with certain things. And it certainly doesnt imply the kind of stupid described in the article.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

He is lucky he got caught. If he made it all the way it was not chick on the other end, just a cut throat....

Could be worse, his girlfriend could have died within a couple hours of his grandmother passing.

He reminds of the time a cardiologist friend of mine had to change a flat tire for some of his colleagues. All those brains among them, and not enough common sense to change a ******* flat tire....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom