The Race to 540... (1 Viewer)

And Drew got 15+ games to go to town while Brady was injured for the entirety of 2008. This is a career record, not a single season record. Ya gotta have better perspective than that.

Well, if we are going that far back for perspective:

Brady's first full season was 2001.
Drew's first full season was 2002.

Brady has played in 282 games.
Drew has played in 272 games.

That wasn't a pro-Brady post. I was just pointing out how silly it is to act like getting a measly 5 extra games actually matters when we're discussing two careers which average 18.5 years AND the other guy missed an entire season anyway. Also, Drew has missed 6 less games then if Brady has one more season to his credit but has only played in 10 more games instead of 16.

Last edited:
That wasn't a pro-Brady post. I was just pointing out how silly it is to act like getting a measly 5 extra games actually matters when we're discussing a two careers which average 18.5 years AND one the other guy missed an entire season anyway. Also, Drew has missed 6 less games then if Brady has one more season to his credit but has only played in 10 more games instead of 16.

I didn't think it was a pro-Brady post. Nor was mine a pro-Brees post. But as you said, we have to have better perspective than that, so I figured, we needed to see the whole picture.

Bengals tied for 6th in the NFL for fewest passing TDs given up with only 16 over 13 games.

I'll take that as a cue to them stopping Brady on Sunday.

Plus they aren't happy that the Patriots were trying to cheat.

Look, Brees is on fire right now, it's a night game at home, and the Colts pass D is only sort of meh, and their pass rush isn't all that fierce.

I'm pretty confident Brees will hold the record by the end of the evening, and if he has to pass Brady to do it, I'm sure he'll get plenty of love from the announcers and on SVP later that night.

And then you can tune into Colin Cowherd the next day, and whether you're a fan of his or not, he'll be waxing eloquent about Brees all day.

Do these totals include playoff games? If not, I'd suspect that Brady is more than 10 games ahead of Drew.

No, I was meaning that the other poster Drop'd the Mike...

Lol, that post proved two points which work for and against both quarterbacks if we're trying to act like either one had any advantages or disadvantages based on total games lost.

Brees hasn't played in as many games so his TDs per game figure is better.

The debate that started this all, however, was about total time missed. Someone was acting like Brees missing 5 games gave Brady some kind of unfair advantage. Since 2002, when Brees became a full time starter, Brady has missed 15 total games (not even counting the 4-game deflategate suspension) and Brees has missed 14 games. All I was ever trying to refute was the 5-game thing for Brees and this season since it doesn't tell the whole story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom