The Raiders played Saints Football and Won (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
First off, hats off to the Raiders who played an excellent game. They came out slow but were able to dominate the TOP and kept the offense on the sidelines. How many times have we heard of Drew spreading the ball all over the place? Hitting 11-12 different receivers throughout? Carr spread the ball around and made us cover every blade of grass. Seems very familiar.

So what went wrong for the Saints? For the second week in a row, the ST unit was the best unit and the other units had over 100 yards in penalties. Both of those are simply unacceptable especially the pass interference ones which I think puts us at 8 for the season.

The defense couldn't stop anything and even when it seems like they might get a stop there was a penalty. Raiders scored on 6 or their last 7 drives and the only time they didn't score was the turnover. They ignored Waller all game apparently and it cost them but they did a decent job on Jacobs. You double Waller all game and make the collection of other receivers beat you. Even after the abuse in the first half it didn't really seem like many adjustments were made because he continued to eat us alive. Guy is a monster that you can only hope to contain, I get it, but you have to take away the team's best receiving option.

The offense seemed unstoppable in the beginning but the Raiders simply started playing the same way Tampa played us and we had no answer. The offense has to stretch the field vertically or we have no chance. Sanders was a no show all game and the entire offense was a no show in the second half.

Moving Forward: The Saints must stop the penalties and stretch the field vertically. Do those two things and we will be back to being the offense of old with a defense good enough to close out games. Without it, we're in trouble.

The damn Packers are next. Im honestly terrified

The damn Packers are next. Im honestly terrified

I think its a winnable game for the Saints if they make a concerted effort to stretch the field vertically. Saints can play with anyone but we need Drew to stretch the field. I could care less if its completed but the opposing defense has got to respect it.

First off, hats off to the Raiders who played an excellent game. They came out slow but were able to dominate the TOP and kept the offense on the sidelines. How many times have we heard of Drew spreading the ball all over the place? Hitting 11-12 different receivers throughout? Carr spread the ball around and made us cover every blade of grass. Seems very familiar.

So what went wrong for the Saints? For the second week in a row, the ST unit was the best unit and the other units had over 100 yards in penalties. Both of those are simply unacceptable especially the pass interference ones which I think puts us at 8 for the season.

The defense couldn't stop anything and even when it seems like they might get a stop there was a penalty. Raiders scored on 6 or their last 7 drives and the only time they didn't score was the turnover. They ignored Waller all game apparently and it cost them but they did a decent job on Jacobs. You double Waller all game and make the collection of other receivers beat you. Even after the abuse in the first half it didn't really seem like many adjustments were made because he continued to eat us alive. Guy is a monster that you can only hope to contain, I get it, but you have to take away the team's best receiving option.

The offense seemed unstoppable in the beginning but the Raiders simply started playing the same way Tampa played us and we had no answer. The offense has to stretch the field vertically or we have no chance. Sanders was a no show all game and the entire offense was a no show in the second half.

Moving Forward: The Saints must stop the penalties and stretch the field vertically. Do those two things and we will be back to being the offense of old with a defense good enough to close out games. Without it, we're in trouble.
Where was Hill??

Drew is not going to be able to stretch the field. It's done.

Maybe if they script something and protect it he'll get a ball 40 yards down the field, but he's got know where he's going to throw it before the snap and just let it go.

Gruden schemed an elite game. Even when down 10 he stuck to it, props to him. He schooled Dennis Allen...which happens far too often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom