The random stuff from X thread (41 Viewers)

Don’t know if it’s myth or not, but I’ve heard it’s much ‘better’ for the driver if you kill a pedestrian vs just injuring one

didn't notice this story first time through
two stories:
1) waiting table in NYC, guy (and his GF or wife or something) gets seated and everyone is trying to pawn him off b/c he's super obnoxious - -i was like 'fine, i'll do it' and the dude ran me ragged, like i was his personal server - -for whatever reason i was just super-chill that day - -at the end he was like "hey, i was just showing off for my woman... i know you guys pool tips, so here's an extra $100 for you on top of bill/tip
"no problem" *pocket* "y'all have a good day"

2) a group of 6 of us were on tour in Cleveland eating at a decent rest. having a good time, really enjoying our waiter
the company director made some excuse to leave early, eventually we asked for the check and were told it was taken care of - we were all using per diem money for the meal anyway so we all decided to leave what we would have paid anyway as our tip (probably $200)
as we got outside, the waiter banged on the window and mouthed THANK YOU - -i think we bought his books for that semester

yes another post tangentially related...
i am currently in Chattanooga tending to ailing father
can't say i've seen the fog though - i get up 3x a night to check blood sugar so i've been sleeping through fog time

Sorry to hear that man, I hope things improve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom