The random stuff from X thread (10 Viewers)

i will agree. fork, i don't even hate bk. chicken fries were the bomb, yo'

popeyes service is so bad that michael jackson wouldn't made a song about it.

lol. even i think that was pretty damn cheesy.

giphy.gif

This principal has a pretty good set of pipes.

Is it Whitney's or Dolly's? Or both?

Generically, I think a song should be attributed to the writer (unless the writer never actually performed the song). But where a song is more known for a particular performance, I can see why people attribute it to the person. But is it really "theirs"?

I think Dolly would say yes, the song is Whitney's - at least in part. Her performance made it so, and Dolly respects how strong of a performance it was. And if that's what the song's creator thinks, I suppose that's good enough for me.

Generically, I think a song should be attributed to the writer (unless the writer never actually performed the song). But where a song is more known for a particular performance, I can see why people attribute it to the person. But is it really "theirs"?

I think Dolly would say yes, the song is Whitney's - at least in part. Her performance made it so, and Dolly respects how strong of a performance it was. And if that's what the song's creator thinks, I suppose that's good enough for me.
They can call it Whitney's all they want as long as the checks still go to Dolly.

that's very much a rock era and beyond idea - Tin Pan Alley, et al complicates this notion (also a lot of country music stills seems to have a lot of separation of songwriter and performer)
but it probably shouldn't be an either or sort of thing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom