The random stuff from X thread (28 Viewers)

That dolphin is bullying that seagull.
That dolphin is being playful. You should see what sailors do to seagulls when a ship is at anchor and they don't have enough to do.

To begin in a galley aboard a ship they will have salt and pepper and large bottles of Tabasco sauce on all tables.

Tabasco sauce is helpful for dealing with bland food and motion nausea. Note that the word nausea is a combination of beginning part of the word nautical and the all of the word sea.

Biscuits are a staple as well for that reason, they are baked in the morning but are available in the galley all day and night. The Tabasco sauce is there for all bland food, but especially for those biscuits, which in combination are for motion nausea.

Biscuits drenched in Tabasco sauce are also for a sailors entertainment if a ship is at anchor and seagulls are flocking around the ship looking for food. Which they will be because they truly are large flying garbage cans.

Sailors will prepare biscuits with Tabasco sauce and then take them out on deck an toss them high into the air. One seagull will swallow it whole in the air, then upchuck it, and just as soon as the first seagull releases it another will swallow it whole and and then upchuck it. I've seen as many as four seagulls swallow a Tabasco sauce stuffed biscuit and then upchuck it before a biscuit can go from high in the air to landing in the water below.

After it lands it will continue to be swallowed and upchucked until the sea water dilutes the Tabasco sauce and they can keep it down.

Even officers and the skipper in rare occasion will join in on the fun. So that dolphin was just being playful, they leave the serious harassment of seagulls to sailors aboard ships.

:)

Yeah, I've been there, been bored, and done it.

That dolphin is being playful. You should see what sailors do to seagulls when a ship is at anchor and they don't have enough to do.

To begin in a galley aboard a ship they will have salt and pepper and large bottles of Tabasco sauce on all tables.

Tabasco sauce is helpful for dealing with bland food and motion nausea. Note that the word nausea is a combination of beginning part of the word nautical and the all of the word sea.

Biscuits are a staple as well for that reason, they are baked in the morning but are available in the galley all day and night. The Tabasco sauce is there for all bland food, but especially for those biscuits, which in combination are for motion nausea.

Biscuits drenched in Tabasco sauce are also for a sailors entertainment if a ship is at anchor and seagulls are flocking around the ship looking for food. Which they will be because they truly are large flying garbage cans.

Sailors will prepare biscuits with Tabasco sauce and then take them out on deck an toss them high into the air. One seagull will swallow it whole in the air, then upchuck it, and just as soon as the first seagull releases it another will swallow it whole and and then upchuck it. I've seen as many as four seagulls swallow a Tabasco sauce stuffed biscuit and then upchuck it before a biscuit can go from high in the air to landing in the water below.

After it lands it will continue to be swallowed and upchucked until the sea water dilutes the Tabasco sauce and they can keep it down.

Even officers and the skipper in rare occasion will join in on the fun. So that dolphin was just being playful, they leave the serious harassment of seagulls to sailors aboard ships.

:)

Yeah, I've been there, been bored, and done it.
That's much more humane that tossing them alka seltzer.

I've learned over the years that a shockingly high number of people have no idea how to use ladders safely. I actually have a cousin that this exact same thing happened to: he leaned it against the roof at a really low angle and it fell from underneath him when he was at the top of it. Only in his case the ladder didn't partially break his fall and he hit the ground. Broke his pelvis, arm, clavicle, and a couple of ribs.

I've learned over the years that a shockingly high number of people have no idea how to use ladders safely. I actually have a cousin that this exact same thing happened to: he leaned it against the roof at a really low angle and it fell from underneath him when he was at the top of it. Only in his case the ladder didn't partially break his fall and he hit the ground. Broke his pelvis, arm, clavicle, and a couple of ribs.
Yet another reason everyone should take theatre classes

Yet another reason everyone should take theatre classes
I've carried 4 x 8 sheets of plywood up an extension ladder and then clapped them to the side of a building and then nailed them on. I always worried about the wind coming up while I was doing that.

Speaking of theater there should be a Thespians thread here for theater stories. With a poll asking who here are Thespians. I would think it possible that the answer to that would be that a surprisingly high number of people here are Thespians.

I'm a Thespian, both high school and college. I would start a thread like that but I haven't figured out how to do a thread poll here, yet. I would think a thread and poll like that would be in your bailiwick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom