The RAS trend our draft has so far (1 Viewer)

I wonder what the WRAPS and playmakers score was for the WR we picked up in the 7th. Was?

Sorry but as a stats guy I can’t help myself. The RAS was developed using players combine scores as a first determination and pro day when not available. So essentially all of this years prospects had artificially high RAS scores because you are comparing only pro day to the combine (which had a much slower track). Not to say that the Saints players aren’t good athletes...but I think that the limitations of RAS this year are undeniable.

Sorry but as a stats guy I can’t help myself. The RAS was developed using players combine scores as a first determination and pro day when not available. So essentially all of this years prospects had artificially high RAS scores because you are comparing only pro day to the combine (which had a much slower track). Not to say that the Saints players aren’t good athletes...but I think that the limitations of RAS this year are undeniable.
How do you know that the Combine track was slower than all the Pro Day tracks at various universities all over the country?

Agree to a point. The saints definitely weren’t happy with the lack of data available to craft their rankings

The combine track is actually known as a fast track. The difference in times at pro days are due to electronically timed vs hand timed and additional training for 40.
I think he said slow track meaning slower times at combine than at pro-days. It is true that most players have faster 40's at their pro-day. But you are correct. How it's timed makes all the difference.

If you subscribe to the moneyball theory of drafting, you should always pick lineman in the first round that have a chance to start immediately. The replacement opportunity cost of a rookie lineman vs vet lineman at the expensive positions is like a net savings of something like 12+ million a year. If you hit every year for 5 years in a row, then you're saving yourself like 70 million in cap space by riding rookie contracts.
I prefer to take tackles and I would add CB, DE to that list as well.

Size shouldn’t be a factor in this thing - athleticism is athleticism
That’s literally why it’s called relative athletic score, both relative to the average of other players, and also relative to size...

and imma have to disagree with you, if one guy is 5’3” 130 pounds and runs a 4.4 and the other is 6’3” 230 and runs a 4.4 I’m gonna have to say the second person is more athletic.

is the wonderlic test/ other intangibles built into this as well. The composite averages seem way off based on the numbers given

I find this RAS stuff very interesting. I'd like to see how our front office has used this in recent drafts. Seems like they're really leaning into it.

All these metrics, lol. When I was at my draft nerd peak it was about 40 times and how many times a guy could throw up 225. Then I remember ankle flexion becoming a thing. And then the focus shifted to the short area quickness drills.

I dont know bout you all but im excited about this upcoming season. After taking in and computing all data from the SSR Forum, my detailed anaysis of said data indicates this,

SAINTS ARE GOING TO BE THE 2021 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom