The Ravens template for beating the Saints (1 Viewer)

taking the ball out off your best playmakers (Bush) hands is ludacris. he is finding his way and will soon have a big game.

So our best playmaker has not yet had a big game? Perhaps you don't realize that you've contradicted yourself. Look, I've been encouraged with the improvement in Bush's running style the past two weeks, and I think he will one day be a great back, but he's not there yet and he hasn't put up the skins Deuce has. And he's really only had one big play on offense--the reverse in the second quarter of the Pittsburgh game. All of his rushes have been pedestrian. Deuce has made more big plays in the running game in just one half of this season (the first half against Tampa in the Dome) than Reggie has all season even though their number of carries is not that far apart.

Don't turn over the ball and what we have is 3-0 against the AFC North is the way I see it.

I know this was said "tongue in cheek" but one of the main reasons the Saints are turning the ball over is opposing are focued on making the Saints one dimensional, then blitzing Brees to force him into mistakes. Take last week for example, Brees threw 52 times, made 37 completions for 510 yards. Talk about dumping your entire hopes for victory on your QB's surgically repaired shoulders. It sounds impressive but putting the ball up that many times just massively increases the odds a ball will be tipped and intercepted. Brees also threw two INTs in the endzone.....if they'd established a running game with Deuce there's very good odds that Deuce punches it in or at the very least kick a field goal.

Don't get me wrong, I like Reggie Bush. I think eventually he's going to be an excellent running back (maybe even as soon as next season). But the Saints need wins now......and quickest path to those wins are with Deuce.

I don't want to be accused of being "negative" so here are the solutions to the template (as I see them)-

On Offense (for the Saints)-

1. Just once I'd like to see Payton establish the run with McAllister getting 25 carries and Bush only in the game on third and long or when Deuce needs a rest. It would also open up the playaction pass and big plays.....

yeah....we haven't had any of those big plays.

Don't turn over the ball and what we have is 3-0 against the AFC North is the way I see it.

Thats it that should be the plan for the rest of the saints games do not turn the ball over and you win... because your offense cannot be stopped

Template ?? the only ones that have the template to beat the Saints , are THE SAINTS . We turn the ball over 3 or 4 times a game and get none back WE LOSE. Man WE BEAT OURSELVES PERIOD

I know this was said "tongue in cheek" but one of the main reasons the Saints are turning the ball over is opposing are focued on making the Saints one dimensional, then blitzing Brees to force him into mistakes. Take last week for example, Brees threw 52 times, made 37 completions for 510 yards. Talk about dumping your entire hopes for victory on your QB's surgically repaired shoulders. It sounds impressive but putting the ball up that many times just massively increases the odds a ball will be tipped and intercepted. Brees also threw two INTs in the endzone.....if they'd established a running game with Deuce there's very good odds that Deuce punches it in or at the very least kick a field goal.

Don't get me wrong, I like Reggie Bush. I think eventually he's going to be an excellent running back (maybe even as soon as next season). But the Saints need wins now......and quickest path to those wins are with Deuce.

One of the best posts I've ever seen here.

Alot of the success Deuce has is because of Bush. I dont even know how a defense can gameplan that fake reverse the Saints always run. It seems they would rather give Deuce five yards than Reggie potentially taking it to the house. The middle is nearly wide open for Deuce everytime they run that play. I also don't think he can take 25 carries. When they give him the ball for 15 or more he is on the sidelines limping.

That's the template for beating the other 30 teams as well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom