The Reaction in Charlotte Is Hillarious (1 Viewer)

For all the smack and mouth running Cam was doing during the game well he got what coming to him. On that note TBT,

cam-newton-of-the-carolina-panthers-is-hit-by-michael-mauti-of-the-picture-id500342402

I think I jumped in the air 5 feet during that hit and shouted "BOOOM!!"

Scared the crap out of my sleeping dog :hihi:

I agree. You have to treat Cam as a RB when he is running. If you don't he will destroy you. I saw all the replays and the only call I thought the refs missed was the one on that was circulated on Vine. The rest were great hits.

You're being serious?

I mean... You're seriously thinking I should be a panthers fan because I respect a player from another team and don't go out of my way to portray him as a villain?

Im with you. Every post of mine in this thread has been downvoted into oblivion because i seem to hold the incredibly unpopular opinion that logic should prevail over ignorance and irrational hatred. I guess ill join you and head on over to Carolina Huddle, since I must surely be a Panthers supporter because I dont think Cam Newton deserves to have CTE in 5 years just for existing.

I RARELY post around here anymore, and every time I do im reminded just why I dont. The level of discourse here has fallen off over the last 8 or so years so precipitiously its incredible. The asininely ignorant, mouthbreathing viewpoints dont really bother me, i think its more the sheer amount of community wide support they get that really makes me wonder. I have and always will love my Saints, but certain aspects of this site have rendered it such a bottom of the barrel place to find halfway decent, common sense opinions regarding football. Lesson learned, again. I guess ill step back up out of the muck for a while.

Honestly I don't think he launched. It looked more like he hit him in mid stride, lead with the shoulder and it was incidental helmet to helmet, therefore no targeting. Was it a penalty yes, and was called but offset by a intentional grounding penalty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Look, man rules are in the rulebook for a reason. It was a clear and obvious violation if a clearly stated rule. I live in Denver. The Broncos radio announcers were in unanimous agreement that it was an obvious penalty.

You know whats really BS? Equating a personal foul for unnecessary roughness because of a helmet to helmet spear with intentional grounding. Thats insane.

Look at the post right below yours he ducked into that. I am not saying I haven't seen Drew do the same thing to draw a call but QB's duck into hits a lot watch Big Ben up there in Pit he is the master of the crouch and bang

When they win, they celebrate. When they lose, a hundred threads pop up claiming it's fixed against the Panthers. Every. Single. Time.
That fanbase has a serious superiority complex. By the way they speak, you'd think they'd have the accomplishments of the Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, or 49ers.

You mean they haven't even won a Super Bowl yet?

3 times in our game last year they 12 men on the field and it wasn't called even once.
I don't want to hear a single word out of that fan base complaining about the ref's.
It's their turn in the barrel. If their QB wasn't the most self centered jerk in the NFL they might get some sympathy, but nobody cares anymore, the feel good story is over.

That's why there is a new rule - the "Sean Payton" rule. Coaches can challenge 12 on the field if zebras miss it. That game last December in the 'dome really ****** me off. We had it, and the refs gave it to the kitties. I think everyone there saw they were playing 12 several times and zebras did nothing about it.

Im with you. Every post of mine in this thread has been downvoted into oblivion because i seem to hold the incredibly unpopular opinion that logic should prevail over ignorance and irrational hatred. I guess ill join you and head on over to Carolina Huddle, since I must surely be a Panthers supporter because I dont think Cam Newton deserves to have CTE in 5 years just for existing.

I RARELY post around here anymore, and every time I do im reminded just why I dont. The level of discourse here has fallen off over the last 8 or so years so precipitiously its incredible. The asininely ignorant, mouthbreathing viewpoints dont really bother me, i think its more the sheer amount of community wide support they get that really makes me wonder. I have and always will love my Saints, but certain aspects of this site have rendered it such a bottom of the barrel place to find halfway decent, common sense opinions regarding football. Lesson learned, again. I guess ill step back up out of the muck for a while.

Perfect example of what I referred to about the sanctimonious berating. So this site is the bottom of the barrel for common sense opinions regarding football? Sure, it's littered with poor posts and opinions, but is it really worse than most sites out there? There is a range of opinions in this thread alone, yet you want to talk down to everyone because a few dissenting or tasteless views?

Bottom line, you like Cam and the vast majority here can't stomach the guy for a list of valid reasons. So, you choose to attack those here as a whole and accuse this fanbase of wanting Can to have CTE. Very pompous and weak.

Ignorant mouthbreathing viewpoints? Yeah, maybe you should go find those wonderful fan forums with only those of your superior intelligence and moral fiber. :rolleyes:

When they win, they celebrate. When they lose, a hundred threads pop up claiming it's fixed against the Panthers. Every. Single. Time.
That fanbase has a serious superiority complex. By the way they speak, you'd think they'd have the accomplishments of the Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, or 49ers.

Lol have you been around here when we lose? This team can be 10-0 and lose a game and all the sudden Payton needs to give up control to Carmichael lol. I don't they are reacting any differently now then any ther fan base does. Plus they are pretty quickly removed from losing to that same team in the SB. Yea let that same game for us happen here and see what this board sounds like.

Yeah, I haven't seen targeting like that since Thomas Davis targeted Jimmy Graham a few years ago.

Hear, hear!! I believe he did it on back to back plays, once when the ball was sailing over Graham's head towards another receiver. Neither time anything was called.

As for whether or not he was targeted, I wouldn't be surprised. Act like a ******bag on your opponents home field and things happen.

My coaches growing up would've benched me for acting like some a prima donna.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom