The Reaction in Charlotte Is Hillarious (1 Viewer)

I don't think their gripe is that legitimate.

Refs can not call roughing the passer every freaking play. They called at least two on the Broncos but at some point the QB has to stop putting himself in that position. If a QB chooses to run the option or spin around like a Ballerina trying to run outside the pocket, then he has to deal with the consequences.

Panther's fans want to have their cake and eat it to. Nope.

The Broncos objectively went out of their way to target Cam's head over and over and over. Purposeful, violent helmet to helmet contact should never, ever, ever have a place in this game. Its destroying peoples minds, and its ruining football for an entire generation of players and fans.

https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz

It seems like the ball has bounced favorably towards the Panthers in every close game the last few years...happy to see this one didn't pan out as such, although the Bronocos D tried to give them the opportunity at the very end.

The Broncos objectively went out of their way to target Cam's head over and over and over. Purposeful, violent helmet to helmet contact should never, ever, ever have a place in this game. Its destroying peoples minds, and its ruining football for an entire generation of players and fans.

https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz

I agree it was pretty bad...especially the vine above...Geez!

I don't want the Panthers to succeed obviously but is Cam getting "Shaq like" treatment? He is bigger than a lot of defenders and the hits don't look as violent to refs as it does when it happens to smaller QB's. He absorbs those violent hits much better simply because of mass.

We all know Shaq got fouled basically every time he go the ball while in the NBA.

Yeah, I haven't seen targeting like that since Thomas Davis targeted Jimmy Graham a few years ago.

When they win, they celebrate. When they lose, a hundred threads pop up claiming it's fixed against the Panthers. Every. Single. Time.
That fanbase has a serious superiority complex. By the way they speak, you'd think they'd have the accomplishments of the Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, or 49ers.

They have won the division 3x in a row are comming off a 1 loss season as much as I hate it and all of us should they have beyond earned the right to be cocky.

Honestly, I find our own fan base to be over cocky.

When you look at it we haven't made any significant noise since 2011. We were victims of circumstance and happenstance in 2012 (not getting into how or why we all know- King Rodger) We choked away a divisional title in 2013. We were flat out bad in 2014 and seriously lucky to win the 7 games we did. While improved last year we still only won 7.

Yet many members of our fan base still behave like its 2010 and should we win Sunday will have visions of winning in Houston in February 2017. If we loose many will have visions of drafting Myles Garrett 1st over all in April and finally having a legit pass rush.

Truth told we need to be lucky to win each week and see where the road takes us. We have long ago lost the right to be cocky or judge anyone. We need to win this week and earn some of it back.

I don't think their gripe is that legitimate.

Refs can not call roughing the passer every freaking play. They called at least two on the Broncos but at some point the QB has to stop putting himself in that position. If a QB chooses to run the option or spin around like a Ballerina trying to run outside the pocket, then he has to deal with the consequences.

Panther's fans want to have their cake and eat it to. Nope.

You make a good point, but some of those shots Cam took what looked like "targeting" to me. However, I like that kind of defense. It's a man's game, it should be played like it

But if you are outside the pocket or running, do you still get QB protection, or are you a RB, so you can be hit like Pierre Thomas was?

I think "targeting" per se is limited to Saturday football.

I use to like CAR and hate ATL , because ATL acted like babies, but I guess it's changed

You make a good point, but some of those shots Cam took what looked like "targeting" to me. However, I like that kind of defense. It's a man's game, it should be played like it

The one vine everyone is circulating, I agree. He launched.

But that was one play and those guys were desperate to get a stop there to win the game at that point. I don't think it was premeditated.

There's also a grey area there with runners. If he's a deemed a runner, helmet to helmet is not necessarily a foul. Defenders are in a very hard spot against running QBs. Do they lay them out like they would any other RB? Or is the QB still a QB at that point?

My thing is, the NFL has drawn up very strict rules to protect QBs. That's fine. But if QBs want special protection, then play in good faith and stay within those rules. Don't try to act like a RB or run the read option and then complain when you get laid out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom