The Real Cost of Attending a Football Game(infographic) (1 Viewer)

*_deuce_*

Keeping the Faith
Reaction score
The Real Cost of Attending a Football Game

Few things say “America” more than the NFL. Unfortunately, for many Americans, taking their family to a game is nearly out of the question — they just can’t afford food, drinks and souvenirs for everyone.

Infographic page

why on earth would you need to get food, drinks, and a souvenir at every game? even parking can be had for free in most markets if you try hard enough and you're willing to walk.

i haven't paid for anything other than a six pack of bud light for the walk to the dome in years. maybe one beer inside at halftime to "refuel."

there are ways not to spend money.

why on earth would you need to get food, drinks, and a souvenir at every game? even parking can be had for free in most markets if you try hard enough and you're willing to walk.

i haven't paid for anything other than a six pack of bud light for the walk to the dome in years. maybe one beer inside at halftime to "refuel."

there are ways not to spend money.

Fair enough; point made.

Even so, there are not too many "safe" places to park for free (within walking distance) in the CBD during gametime. And if/when the weather is bad... you're sure not gonna walk in a New Orleans downpour.

The stats cite a TYPICAL fan. Some buy a lot more than that. And of course, some (like you) buy a lot less.

It's just a basic comparison.

:gosaints:

I remember the Tulane Stadium days and even the first few years the Dome was open...
I used to get TWO SEASON TICKETS for the grand sum of $26.00. They were student tickets but still, that's $13.00 per season ticket. :jpshakehead:

Even so, there are not too many "safe" places to park for free (within walking distance) in the CBD during gametime. And if/when the weather is bad... you're sure not gonna walk in a New Orleans downpour.

if you can't afford to pay to park, there are plenty of free spots in very safe areas, and you don't even have to get there at the crack of dawn.

it's not that i disagree with the underlying theory = the average cost of a game has been skyrocketing for the average fan. i'm just saying if you're on a budget, you can keep your expenses down.

even the ticket prices can be offset - for fans of winning teams - if you're lucky enough to have season tickets. i have friends who sell 2 games to pay for the other 6.

yeah, we beat the falcons at game costs too!

It costs $70 more, on average, to see the Jets compared to the Giants. In the same stadium and market. And the Giants are reigning World Champs. :scratch:

If there weren't plenty of people willing to pay that much for a trip to the game, then the cost wouldn't be so high. As always, the market dictates the price. If people stop going to games, the prices will come down.

$77 for an average ticket? I wish.

I think these stories are overhyped to be honest. If you were a true Saints fan from the as recently as the Haslett era you could still to this day own $25 season tickets. You could still park for free in tens of thousands of spots within 3 miles of the Superdome and walk to the game for no cost. You can eat at Wendy's, Krystal, Napoleon House, etc. before the game and have a nice meal for under $10 apiece. You could sneak in a flask of liquor if you have to drink, and if you don't your wife/girlfriend would have at least a 75% success rate of sneaking in a couple of bottles of water or soda if she brought the right kind of purse or sweater.

One of the best things about New Orleans is that it's legal to walk while holding alcohol, so you can bring a few beers or make a really large cocktail/daquiri to enjoy from the walk from your car to the Superdome.

I think people like to complain rather than get creative. I personally sit in the club seats at Saints games, but I usually don't spend a DIME other than my ticket. I park for free, I sneak a flask in, and I don't eat overpriced and bad food (even in the club levels it's mediocre at best).

:gosaints:

This is not true. The CBD, Warehouse District, and French Quarter each have thousands of free and safe parking spots. You have to be willing to walk about 2 miles, but keep in mind you're walking through one of the greatest tourist destinations in the world, and you're allowed to carry beer or cocktails with you. The 2 mile walk from the WHD to the Superdome while getting buzzed is arguably my favorite part of the Saints gameday experience.

My cost of attending a football game is like:

Ticket: $43
Parking: $0
Food: $0 (at least not that junk in the Dome)
Beer: $131209382109380948340983209483098240983490.99

or at least that's how it feels

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom