N/S The Real Reason Mark Ingram Left Saints (1 Viewer)

49erKiller

I am 100% human
Reaction score
Feels like trolling to me...
It feels that way because it is that way. I am going with the idea that this is Mark Ingram's agent. I am also rolling with the idea that Mark Ingram's agent is the dude that plays Aaron Rogers' agent in the insurance commercials. It somehow all ties together nicely, IMHO. :hihi:

OP
OP
Reaction score
It feels that way because it is that way. I am going with the idea that this is Mark Ingram's agent. I am also rolling with the idea that Mark Ingram's agent is the dude that plays Aaron Rogers' agent in the insurance commercials. It somehow all ties together nicely, IMHO. :hihi:
I thought the Ingram comment was funny. Natural Mark. LamarJackson should be MVP unless something happens. On that note we will beat the Niners!

OP
OP
Reaction score
On that note I must admit I do miss Mark on our offense. Now we have to risk getting our QB getting killed on 4&inches . Ingram was automatic on that play. I do love the Brees leap but it puts him in a dangerous position. Freaky things can happen. Just ask Nick Saban.

SammyDaLoon

Crazy 😜 As A Loon & Original Iron-era Member!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ingram fumbled away 1 too many games for me as a Saint. A running back that fumbles is unforgivable in my book. It defeats the entire purpose of running the ball & can never be the quality of a franchise back ever!!!

He also comes off to me as a lovable class clown 🤡, but he is known as a hard working positive minded great teammate. His lovable personality is a big reason his teammates love him, but the guy is limited as a runner/receiver.

When I am judging football players Ingram just isn’t special to me and he registers a “meh” in all physical ability departments. He has 2 or 3 decent years left.

Flame 🔥 away...Ingram never took the team places in the end. He was a late blooming fumblitis nagging injury drug suspension back to me. Yeah, I said it, everyone conveniently forgets him getting popped with the 4 game suspension for being dumb and getting popped for recreational drugs. Great backs just don’t have that stain on their record nor do they let it happen.

Good riddance Mark “fumbler” Ingram

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
the whole situation sucked. pretty sure his agent screwed things up b/c he signed almost for the same amount as the saints offered. wish they would have been able to keep him b/c Murray seems to get tackled by the ankles too often for my liking

Reaction score
Ingram fumbled away 1 too many games for me as a Saint. A running back that fumbles is unforgivable in my book. It defeats the entire purpose of running the ball & can never be the quality of a franchise back ever!!!

He also comes off to me as a lovable class clown 🤡, but he is known as a hard working positive minded great teammate. His lovable personality is a big reason his teammates love him, but the guy is limited as a runner/receiver.

When I am judging football players Ingram just isn’t special to me and he registers a “meh” in all physical ability departments. He has 2 or 3 decent years left.

Flame 🔥 away...Ingram never took the team places in the end. He was a late blooming fumblitis nagging injury drug suspension back to me. Yeah, I said it, everyone conveniently forgets him getting popped with the 4 game suspension for being dumb and getting popped for recreational drugs. Great backs just don’t have that stain on their record nor do they let it happen.

Good riddance Mark “fumbler” Ingram
I’ve already debunked this myth in another thread earlier this year, but I have zero qualms doing it again.

In Ingram’s career as a Saint, he averaged 1 fumble every 94.4 carries.

1321 carries / 14 fumbles = 1 fumble every 94.4 carries

Hard for Ingram to be considered a “fumbler” when at this point in his career, he’s averaging a fumble only once every 94.4 carries. Hell, during his tenure in New Orleans he’s only averaged 12.5 carries per game (1321 carries / 106 games), that average would put him fumbling once every 8 games or twice per season.

As for Ingram’s fumbles “costing us games”, the Saints have a 8-5 regular season record where Ingram fumbled and 0-1 in the post season (2013 against Seattle, where he fumbled the first play of the 2nd quarter; hard to say that “cost us the game” when there were still 3 quarters to play).

These were the 5 losses where Ingram has fumbled in the regular season.
  • 2014 vs. Ravens - Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us
  • 2014 vs. Panthers - another instance where Ingram’s fumble was early on (our 2nd offensive play of the game) and we still had over 3 and a half quarters to overcome it; we were blown out 10-41 anyway
  • 2015 vs. Buccaneers - Ingram’s fumble wasn’t even on a rushing attempt but instead a receiving play where a screen was blown up and he was hit right as he tried to turn upfield with 3 minutes left in the game
  • 2015 vs. Panthers - lost 38-41, but Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us anyway
  • 2016 @ Chiefs - Ingram’s fumble came with 8:37 left to play in the 4th while down by 10, however the Chiefs came away with no additional points on the drive. Honestly, Fairley’s boneheaded roughing the passer penalty with 2 and a half minutes left and trailing by only 3 points when the Chiefs would’ve been facing a 3rd & 8 to convert cost us far more than Ingram’s fumble did.
So the only game you can really point out where one of Ingram’s few fumbles “lost us the game” was that Week 2 game in 2015 against the Buccaneers and even then it can be argued that had the line actually blocked on the screen, he wouldn’t have fumbled.

If fumbling is so “unforgivable” and could “never be a quality of a franchise RB”, I’d hate to hear how little you think about Deuce considering he fumbled far more often than Ingram did.

1429 carries / 20 fumbles = 1 fumble every 74.5 carries

108 more carries, 6 extra fumbles

He bounced because Kamara became our #1 HB and Mark wanted to be the starter.
Another myth. If Ingram didn’t want to share the backfield anymore, he would’ve left after the 2015 season instead of signing a 4-year extension a year before he was scheduled to hit free agency.

And that’s when he was still having to split carries with THREE other RB’s (Hightower, Robinson, and Spiller) as opposed to just having to share with Kamara.

tjharris

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I’ve already debunked this myth in another thread earlier this year, but I have zero qualms doing it again.

In Ingram’s career as a Saint, he averaged 1 fumble every 94.4 carries.

1321 carries / 14 fumbles = 1 fumble every 94.4 carries

Hard for Ingram to be considered a “fumbler” when at this point in his career, he’s averaging a fumble only once every 94.4 carries. Hell, during his tenure in New Orleans he’s only averaged 12.5 carries per game (1321 carries / 106 games), that average would put him fumbling once every 8 games or twice per season.

As for Ingram’s fumbles “costing us games”, the Saints have a 8-5 regular season record where Ingram fumbled and 0-1 in the post season (2013 against Seattle, where he fumbled the first play of the 2nd quarter; hard to say that “cost us the game” when there were still 3 quarters to play).

These were the 5 losses where Ingram has fumbled in the regular season.
  • 2014 vs. Ravens - Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us
  • 2014 vs. Panthers - another instance where Ingram’s fumble was early on (our 2nd offensive play of the game) and we still had over 3 and a half quarters to overcome it; we were blown out 10-41 anyway
  • 2015 vs. Buccaneers - Ingram’s fumble wasn’t even on a rushing attempt but instead a receiving play where a screen was blown up and he was hit right as he tried to turn upfield with 3 minutes left in the game
  • 2015 vs. Panthers - lost 38-41, but Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us anyway
  • 2016 @ Chiefs - Ingram’s fumble came with 8:37 left to play in the 4th while down by 10, however the Chiefs came away with no additional points on the drive. Honestly, Fairley’s boneheaded roughing the passer penalty with 2 and a half minutes left and trailing by only 3 points when the Chiefs would’ve been facing a 3rd & 8 to convert cost us far more than Ingram’s fumble did.
So the only game you can really point out where one of Ingram’s few fumbles “lost us the game” was that Week 2 game in 2015 against the Buccaneers and even then it can be argued that had the line actually blocked on the screen, he wouldn’t have fumbled.

If fumbling is so “unforgivable” and could “never be a quality of a franchise RB”, I’d hate to hear how little you think about Deuce considering he fumbled far more often than Ingram did.

1429 carries / 20 fumbles = 1 fumble every 74.5 carries

108 more carries, 6 extra fumbles

Another myth. If Ingram didn’t want to share the backfield anymore, he would’ve left after the 2015 season instead of signing a 4-year extension a year before he was scheduled to hit free agency.

And that’s when he was still having to split carries with THREE other RB’s (Hightower, Robinson, and Spiller) as opposed to just having to share with Kamara.
Ingram was the #1 RB until Kamara's 2nd year.
MI has everything you look for in a work horse RB. Kamara just fits our scheme better

natedog

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
If he gets a ring that might be the smartest agent ever! If you disagree see him not me.
Or he could lose to his old team in the SB. . .that would surely stink for him. I noticed Gus Edwards had 112 yards Sunday and Lamar steals a bunch too . . so.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All the same praise was heaped on Michael Vick and RGIII and Cam Newton. There's a safety or linebacker out there somewhere with Jacksons name on him...…...….it's just a matter of time.

How many championships have these "dynamic and game changing" QB's won?

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Jackson is out there running in the middle of the field, spin moving LBs and such. I've seen this script too many times. When Lamar Jackson does this into his fourth season, then I'll believe it can last. Until then, I've got no reason to think he's not one likely injury away from it all being over.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see Lamar win a playoff game in New England before hes crowned. You can ask the league MVP Pat Mahomes how easy that is...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom