N/S The Real Reason Mark Ingram Left Saints (1 Viewer)

Zack Lee

Guess who's home! Was it so empty without me
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So this is a thread created by (a) a Ravens fan whose "feeling themselves" and their team right now, (b) someone who bitterly wanted us to keep Ingram, blamed the organization (not Ingram's agent) for the loss, and is now here to gloat about his take on the departure, or (c) Mark Ingram's agent?
Or crack is still more of a problem than recent stats would lead you to believe.

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So what does everybody think about about Jake Delhomme taking this team to the promised land finally?

44slayer

Black and Gold
Reaction score
I wont argue that right now the Ravens are probably the last team anyone in the NFL wants to play right now. But I watch them and I just think, this is the NFL, Not For Long. Its just going to take one game plan to lay a blueprint for everyone else. Problem with that theory though, they've already blown through the guy who is usually the architect of that blueprint, Belichick.

Those ESPN power polls mean nothing, but how can you have NE 1 and Balt 2? Baltimore blew NE off the field. It wasn't even competitive. Baltimore is the clearcut favorite in the AFC. Maybe they cant blow by Belichick again in the AFCCG, but I still cant see the Pats beating them. Maybe they keep it closer if they play again, but Baltimore is on another planet right now.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Let's see Lamar win a playoff game in New England before hes crowned. You can ask the league MVP Pat Mahomes how easy that is...
I think it is partly because Mahomes is coming off an injury . He did look like he was coming back into form again last night. Mexico is a pretty hard place to play with that altitude.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I wish we still had him.

Murray seems to be quite useless for us when Kamara is healthy and playing.

This team needs both backs contributing to be at our optimal best.

SammyDaLoon

Crazy 😜 As A Loon & Original Iron-era Member!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve already debunked this myth in another thread earlier this year, but I have zero qualms doing it again.

In Ingram’s career as a Saint, he averaged 1 fumble every 94.4 carries.

1321 carries / 14 fumbles = 1 fumble every 94.4 carries

Hard for Ingram to be considered a “fumbler” when at this point in his career, he’s averaging a fumble only once every 94.4 carries. Hell, during his tenure in New Orleans he’s only averaged 12.5 carries per game (1321 carries / 106 games), that average would put him fumbling once every 8 games or twice per season.

As for Ingram’s fumbles “costing us games”, the Saints have a 8-5 regular season record where Ingram fumbled and 0-1 in the post season (2013 against Seattle, where he fumbled the first play of the 2nd quarter; hard to say that “cost us the game” when there were still 3 quarters to play).

These were the 5 losses where Ingram has fumbled in the regular season.
  • 2014 vs. Ravens - Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us
  • 2014 vs. Panthers - another instance where Ingram’s fumble was early on (our 2nd offensive play of the game) and we still had over 3 and a half quarters to overcome it; we were blown out 10-41 anyway
  • 2015 vs. Buccaneers - Ingram’s fumble wasn’t even on a rushing attempt but instead a receiving play where a screen was blown up and he was hit right as he tried to turn upfield with 3 minutes left in the game
  • 2015 vs. Panthers - lost 38-41, but Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us anyway
  • 2016 @ Chiefs - Ingram’s fumble came with 8:37 left to play in the 4th while down by 10, however the Chiefs came away with no additional points on the drive. Honestly, Fairley’s boneheaded roughing the passer penalty with 2 and a half minutes left and trailing by only 3 points when the Chiefs would’ve been facing a 3rd & 8 to convert cost us far more than Ingram’s fumble did.
So the only game you can really point out where one of Ingram’s few fumbles “lost us the game” was that Week 2 game in 2015 against the Buccaneers and even then it can be argued that had the line actually blocked on the screen, he wouldn’t have fumbled.

If fumbling is so “unforgivable” and could “never be a quality of a franchise RB”, I’d hate to hear how little you think about Deuce considering he fumbled far more often than Ingram did.

1429 carries / 20 fumbles = 1 fumble every 74.5 carries

108 more carries, 6 extra fumbles

Another myth. If Ingram didn’t want to share the backfield anymore, he would’ve left after the 2015 season instead of signing a 4-year extension a year before he was scheduled to hit free agency.

And that’s when he was still having to split carries with THREE other RB’s (Hightower, Robinson, and Spiller) as opposed to just having to share with Kamara.
Let’s have some fun...Haha lol 😂 I like your stat filled comeback, but lemme help you COMEBACK TO REALITY.
How dare you compare tiny marky mark ingram to THE GREAT DEUCE MCALLISTER! 1 Man WAS THE OFFENSE & Shouldered the entire load VS tiny Mark doing his best Emmitt Smith impression(he looks alot like the GOAT 🐐). Sir, you just committed Saintly Sacrilege lol 😝 Now you’re gonna need to say 10 Hailmary Prayers and 5 Our Fathers and ask Father Tom Benson to intercede in your place amongst all the Saints that have come before you in heaven.
Now seriously, my beef baloney and cheese with Ingram is what I & MOST ALL OTHER SAINTS FANS...see as an initial FAILURE TO LAUNCH 🚀..... 💨 😩 that mini-ingram demonstrated to us in his early years. Also, it is the nature in which he would fumble VS THE GREAT ONE DEUCE!! Lemme splain dis won fo ya....

Ya see, when Deuce would fumble it ...it would be because Deuce WAS CARRYING DA BALL 25-30 TIMES PER GAME SON & doing some crazy 😜 arse athletic moves for a 6’2” 230 lb Man of a Runningback VS mini-ingram simply getting a direct handoff and his short wittle arms not being able to carress da ball & literally dropping it like a loaf of bread 🥖. We seen dis folks...like lots...

Bro, Stats Lie!! Watch the way they play the game!!!! Ingram a RUNT compared to Deuce!!

In closing, IF YOU THINK YOUR STATS CAN CONVINCE FOLKS ON THIS BOARD THAT mini-ingram IS BETTER THAN ALL-TIME SAINT GREAT DEUCE THEN YA CRAY 😜 SON!

mini-ingram can’t hold Deuce’s Jock bro!!

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve already debunked this myth in another thread earlier this year, but I have zero qualms doing it again.

In Ingram’s career as a Saint, he averaged 1 fumble every 94.4 carries.

1321 carries / 14 fumbles = 1 fumble every 94.4 carries

Hard for Ingram to be considered a “fumbler” when at this point in his career, he’s averaging a fumble only once every 94.4 carries. Hell, during his tenure in New Orleans he’s only averaged 12.5 carries per game (1321 carries / 106 games), that average would put him fumbling once every 8 games or twice per season.

As for Ingram’s fumbles “costing us games”, the Saints have a 8-5 regular season record where Ingram fumbled and 0-1 in the post season (2013 against Seattle, where he fumbled the first play of the 2nd quarter; hard to say that “cost us the game” when there were still 3 quarters to play).

These were the 5 losses where Ingram has fumbled in the regular season.
  • 2014 vs. Ravens - Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us
  • 2014 vs. Panthers - another instance where Ingram’s fumble was early on (our 2nd offensive play of the game) and we still had over 3 and a half quarters to overcome it; we were blown out 10-41 anyway
  • 2015 vs. Buccaneers - Ingram’s fumble wasn’t even on a rushing attempt but instead a receiving play where a screen was blown up and he was hit right as he tried to turn upfield with 3 minutes left in the game
  • 2015 vs. Panthers - lost 38-41, but Ingram’s fumble was recovered by us anyway
  • 2016 @ Chiefs - Ingram’s fumble came with 8:37 left to play in the 4th while down by 10, however the Chiefs came away with no additional points on the drive. Honestly, Fairley’s boneheaded roughing the passer penalty with 2 and a half minutes left and trailing by only 3 points when the Chiefs would’ve been facing a 3rd & 8 to convert cost us far more than Ingram’s fumble did.
So the only game you can really point out where one of Ingram’s few fumbles “lost us the game” was that Week 2 game in 2015 against the Buccaneers and even then it can be argued that had the line actually blocked on the screen, he wouldn’t have fumbled.

If fumbling is so “unforgivable” and could “never be a quality of a franchise RB”, I’d hate to hear how little you think about Deuce considering he fumbled far more often than Ingram did.

1429 carries / 20 fumbles = 1 fumble every 74.5 carries

108 more carries, 6 extra fumbles

Another myth. If Ingram didn’t want to share the backfield anymore, he would’ve left after the 2015 season instead of signing a 4-year extension a year before he was scheduled to hit free agency.

And that’s when he was still having to split carries with THREE other RB’s (Hightower, Robinson, and Spiller) as opposed to just having to share with Kamara.
Excellent post. The fumbling issue is and has always been a myth. I understand why people think it, but the numbers prove that ball security has been a strength of his compared to other backs in the league.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's the lone back. Baltimore is feeding him.
It took a bit, but they making good use of him now. Earlier this season, it was criminal they way that were using him. Clearly, the Ravens are benefiting now. It's good to see Mark doing as well as he is and a Saints Ravens Super Bowl would be a ton of fun.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Let’s have some fun...Haha lol 😂 I like your stat filled comeback, but lemme help you COMEBACK TO REALITY.
How dare you compare tiny marky mark ingram to THE GREAT DEUCE MCALLISTER! 1 Man WAS THE OFFENSE & Shouldered the entire load VS tiny Mark doing his best Emmitt Smith impression(he looks alot like the GOAT 🐐). Sir, you just committed Saintly Sacrilege lol 😝 Now you’re gonna need to say 10 Hailmary Prayers and 5 Our Fathers and ask Father Tom Benson to intercede in your place amongst all the Saints that have come before you in heaven.
Now seriously, my beef baloney and cheese with Ingram is what I & MOST ALL OTHER SAINTS FANS...see as an initial FAILURE TO LAUNCH 🚀..... 💨 😩 that mini-ingram demonstrated to us in his early years. Also, it is the nature in which he would fumble VS THE GREAT ONE DEUCE!! Lemme splain dis won fo ya....

Ya see, when Deuce would fumble it ...it would be because Deuce WAS CARRYING DA BALL 25-30 TIMES PER GAME SON & doing some crazy 😜 arse athletic moves for a 6’2” 230 lb Man of a Runningback VS mini-ingram simply getting a direct handoff and his short wittle arms not being able to carress da ball & literally dropping it like a loaf of bread 🥖. We seen dis folks...like lots...

Bro, Stats Lie!! Watch the way they play the game!!!! Ingram a RUNT compared to Deuce!!

In closing, IF YOU THINK YOUR STATS CAN CONVINCE FOLKS ON THIS BOARD THAT mini-ingram IS BETTER THAN ALL-TIME SAINT GREAT DEUCE THEN YA CRAY 😜 SON!

mini-ingram can’t hold Deuce’s Jock bro!!
Hard statistical facts vs opinion. Dude just take the L and don't embarrass yourself more than you already have.

Reaction score
Honestly I really miss Mark. He´s a great teammate, a really good RB and a fair sportsman.

Although his agent screwed the deal, it worked out perfectly for him. He gets good numbers at BAL and will finally be at the SB this year.
I cant see any team atm stopping the Ravens from getting to the SB. Bradys decline is shocking although his defense covers it up a little bit

OP
OP
Reaction score
All the same praise was heaped on Michael Vick and RGIII and Cam Newton. There's a safety or linebacker out there somewhere with Jacksons name on him...…...….it's just a matter of time.

How many championships have these "dynamic and game changing" QB's won?
The glass ceiling should fall soon?

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We passed on Lamar Jackson. Ingram is probably right here, Go see him not me if you disagree.

I don’t recall him ever saying that about Brees.
On the Around the NFL Podcast, one of the guys mentioned how they were with Mark on a USO tour. Mark spoke the same way about Ice Cream Sundaes. Its just his personality.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Yep and MI let him agent do what agents are supposed to do, be the bad guy.
Ingram wanted to be, and he has every right, the #1 RB on a team.
Never said he didn't have the right, just saying he wanted to be a #1 HB and he left for that reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom