N/S The Real Reason Mark Ingram Left Saints (1 Viewer)

fishing4food

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Mark Ingram is having fun in Baltimore and he also has never met a microphone he didn't like

Reaction score
Ingram was the #1 RB until Kamara's 2nd year.

MI has everything you look for in a work horse RB. Kamara just fits our scheme better
I agree Ingram is a workhorse back and does his best work when he’s getting 15+ carries. Not only that, but every aspect of his game is polished from running, to receiving, to pass blocking. However having him split time with another RB has no doubt extended his playing career due to not having as much wear and tear on his body, I’d wager Ingram would agree with that.

And yes, Kamara is a phenomenal fit for our offense. However as it’s been shown, giving Kamara too heavy of a workload has negatively affected his production efficiency. In 2018, he carried the ball 74 more times than he did in 2017 only generating 155 more yards and his YPC dropped a full yard and a half from 6.1 YPC to 4.6 YPC.

Now this year, our offense’s hand is kind of forced to give him as many touches as we can considering he and Thomas are the only lethal threats we have. I do think Murray should be getting a few more touches though to take a little off of Kamara’s load, but at the same time, Murray isn’t producing like Ingram has in that role.

Let’s have some fun...Haha lol I like your stat filled comeback, but lemme help you COMEBACK TO REALITY.

How dare you compare tiny marky mark ingram to THE GREAT DEUCE MCALLISTER! 1 Man WAS THE OFFENSE & Shouldered the entire load VS tiny Mark doing his best Emmitt Smith impression(he looks alot like the GOAT ). Sir, you just committed Saintly Sacrilege lol Now you’re gonna need to say 10 Hailmary Prayers and 5 Our Fathers and ask Father Tom Benson to intercede in your place amongst all the Saints that have come before you in heaven.

Now seriously, my beef baloney and cheese with Ingram is what I & MOST ALL OTHER SAINTS FANS...see as an initial FAILURE TO LAUNCH ..... that mini-ingram demonstrated to us in his early years. Also, it is the nature in which he would fumble VS THE GREAT ONE DEUCE!! Lemme splain dis won fo ya....

Ya see, when Deuce would fumble it ...it would be because Deuce WAS CARRYING DA BALL 25-30 TIMES PER GAME SON & doing some crazy arse athletic moves for a 6’2” 230 lb Man of a Runningback VS mini-ingram simply getting a direct handoff and his short wittle arms not being able to carress da ball & literally dropping it like a loaf of bread . We seen dis folks...like lots...

Bro, Stats Lie!! Watch the way they play the game!!!! Ingram a RUNT compared to Deuce!!

In closing, IF YOU THINK YOUR STATS CAN CONVINCE FOLKS ON THIS BOARD THAT mini-ingram IS BETTER THAN ALL-TIME SAINT GREAT DEUCE THEN YA CRAY SON!

mini-ingram can’t hold Deuce’s Jock bro!!
Please point to my previous post where I said anything bad about Deuce? I said he fumbled more and more frequent than Ingram did, and that’s a fact whether you get up in your feelings about it or not.

It was YOU who said, and I quote, “a running back that fumbles is unforgivable” and “can never be the quality of a franchise back ever!!!” Those are your words, not mine. If you hold Ingram to that standard but not Deuce, then you’re nothing but an ignorant hypocrite. Don’t get mad because I called you out on it.

Deuce had 3 consecutive seasons where he put the ball on the ground 4+ times from 2002-2004, granted he toted the rock 260+ times each those years. However, Ingram never had 4 or more in any season as a Saint.

It’s not that it’s bad Deuce had 20 fumbles over an 8-year career, his numbers are great considering the number of touches he’s had. It’s just hypocrital to be angry about how much Ingram put the ball on the ground but be completely unphased by Deuce doing it, even though he statistically put the ball on the ground more.

I love Deuce and I love Ingram and appreciate all their contributions to the organization.

I can only imagine how upset you’re going to be when Ingram comes back to New Orleans for one more year after his deal is up in Baltimore to surpass Deuce as the franchise’s all-time leading rusher and then retire as a Saint. Considering he’s only 89 yards away, he’ll also more than likely do it on less carries considering he has 108 carries to get those 89 yards. You going to be BIG mad. :hihi:

Embarrass myself...lmao...on this msg board? Really? Like Saintsreport.com is a safe haven for embarrassment.

You “Message Board Heros” wanna chop up some facts?

Fact 1: I simply do not think Mark Ingram is worth it.

Fact 2: Saints Front Office Agrees 100% with me by the

FACT 3: WE DIDN’T PLAY OURSELVES INTO A BIDDING WAR!

Fact 4: The Saints & Ingram BOTH had a chance to close the deal.

Fact 5: Saints were SO PREPARED for Mark’s(yes Mark thru his Agent) LUDICROUS Salary Demand Shannigans that they INKED the Plan B - Murray

Fact 6: Deuce Mcallister is for more LOVED by Old School Saints fans that actually watched BOTH Mark and Deuce. We KNOW who WAS HANDS DOWN SUPERIOR ON ALL LEVELS: Leadership, Vision, Speed, Hands, Football IQ,Catching, Route Running, Community Involvement....Deuce BY A LONG SHOT!

Fact 7: Yall Statistics don’t account for Marks Fumble Rate in his early years. Yall are twisting the Facts to Suit Your Narrative. Wherw are those numbers?

Fact 8: Sean Payton MULTIPLE TIMES BENCHED MARK FOR FUMBLING YA CLOWNS

FACT 9: Mark is almost 30 years old and the wheels of which he really never had elite spewz are gonna come Off.

Fact 10: MARK DIDN’T want to be A Saint Anymore & Yall can’t Handle The Truth
Fact 1: That is an opinion.

Fact 2: That is another opinion, if the front office would agree with you, Payton wouldn’t have been trying to call Ingram to talk to him.

Fact 3: It wouldn’t have been a bidding war, all we had to do was match the $500K increase Baltimore offered and he was re-signing.

Fact 4: Yet the Saints walked away from the negotiating table first.

Fact 5: And this year, Ingram has more rushing yards, a far better YPC, twice as many rushing TD’s and receiving TD’s, a far better YPR, and only 3 less receiving yards on 10 less receptions than Murray does.

Fact 6: Another opinion. At the end of the day, they have very similar statistics over the same amount of time despite playing in entirely different offenses. Who is “loved more” by older Saints fans is entirely irrelevant in this argument and nothing more than a strawman to prop up your weak, failing argument like older Saints fans opinions matter more than any other Saints fans.

Fact 7: Hahahahaha, okay since you asked for it...
  • Ingram fumbled 1 time (in his second NFL game) in his first 3.5 years
  • His next fumble wouldn’t come until Week 11 of the 2014 season against the Ravens
  • He carried the ball 474 times between the 2011 Week 2 fumble and the 2014 Week 11 fumble
That’s 237 carries per fumble, hows that for his early career fumble rate?

Fact 8: False, Ingram was only benched once for fumbling (during the Week 8 game vs. the Seahawks in 2016). And do you remember what happened the next week after his benching?

Ingram plowed through a pathetic Niners' defense for 158 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries. He also added two receptions for 13 yards and a score.
NFL: Mark Ingram bounces back in big way after benching

Fact 9: He is 30 and he has the wear and tear of a 26-27 year old back due to splitting carries which will prolong his career.

Fact 10: Another opinion that you can’t prove.

Just take your L’s because I’m going to keep handing them to you.

I do agree the agent had nothing to do with Ingram leaving. He wanted to leave plain and simple.
I’ll extend my previous question to you since it went previously unanswered by the other poster I asked: If Mark wanted to leave that badly, why did he sign an extension here in 2015, a year before he was scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency, despite knowing at the time of signing that he was going to be splitting carries with 3 other RB’s?

If he wanted out of New Orleans THAT badly, wouldn’t he have played 2015 and then kited out then? Especially when you consider if he played through 2015 on his rookie deal that 3 of those 5 years would’ve been on a team with a losing record.

Last edited:

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Let’s have some fun...Haha lol 😂 I like your stat filled comeback, but lemme help you COMEBACK TO REALITY.
How dare you compare tiny marky mark ingram to THE GREAT DEUCE MCALLISTER! 1 Man WAS THE OFFENSE & Shouldered the entire load VS tiny Mark doing his best Emmitt Smith impression(he looks alot like the GOAT 🐐). Sir, you just committed Saintly Sacrilege lol 😝 Now you’re gonna need to say 10 Hailmary Prayers and 5 Our Fathers and ask Father Tom Benson to intercede in your place amongst all the Saints that have come before you in heaven.
Now seriously, my beef baloney and cheese with Ingram is what I & MOST ALL OTHER SAINTS FANS...see as an initial FAILURE TO LAUNCH 🚀..... 💨 😩 that mini-ingram demonstrated to us in his early years. Also, it is the nature in which he would fumble VS THE GREAT ONE DEUCE!! Lemme splain dis won fo ya....

Ya see, when Deuce would fumble it ...it would be because Deuce WAS CARRYING DA BALL 25-30 TIMES PER GAME SON & doing some crazy 😜 arse athletic moves for a 6’2” 230 lb Man of a Runningback VS mini-ingram simply getting a direct handoff and his short wittle arms not being able to carress da ball & literally dropping it like a loaf of bread 🥖. We seen dis folks...like lots...

Bro, Stats Lie!! Watch the way they play the game!!!! Ingram a RUNT compared to Deuce!!

In closing, IF YOU THINK YOUR STATS CAN CONVINCE FOLKS ON THIS BOARD THAT mini-ingram IS BETTER THAN ALL-TIME SAINT GREAT DEUCE THEN YA CRAY 😜 SON!

mini-ingram can’t hold Deuce’s Jock bro!!
That was a bunch of nonsense in response to a really informed and well-sourced post.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Embarrass myself...lmao...on this msg board? Really? Like Saintsreport.com is a safe haven for embarrassment.

You “Message Board Heros” wanna chop up some facts?

Fact 1: I simply do not think Mark Ingram is worth it.

Fact 2: Saints Front Office Agrees 100% with me by the

FACT 3: WE DIDN’T PLAY OURSELVES INTO A BIDDING WAR!

Fact 4: The Saints & Ingram BOTH had a chance to close the deal.

Fact 5: Saints were SO PREPARED for Mark’s(yes Mark thru his Agent) LUDICROUS Salary Demand Shannigans that they INKED the Plan B - Murray

Fact 6: Deuce Mcallister is for more LOVED by Old School Saints fans that actually watched BOTH Mark and Deuce. We KNOW who WAS HANDS DOWN SUPERIOR ON ALL LEVELS: Leadership, Vision, Speed, Hands, Football IQ,Catching, Route Running, Community Involvement....Deuce BY A LONG SHOT!

Fact 7: Yall Statistics don’t account for Marks Fumble Rate in his early years. Yall are twisting the Facts to Suit Your Narrative. Wherw are those numbers?

Fact 8: Sean Payton MULTIPLE TIMES BENCHED MARK FOR FUMBLING

FACT 9: Mark is almost 30 years old and the wheels of which he really never had elite spewz are gonna come
Off.

Fact 10: MARK DIDN’T want to be A Saint Anymore & Yall can’t Handle The Truth.
Do you know what facts are?

Last edited by a moderator:

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
I agree Ingram is a workhorse back and does his best work when he’s getting 15+ carries. Not only that, but every aspect of his game is polished from running, to receiving, to pass blocking. However having him split time with another RB has no doubt extended his playing career due to not having as much wear and tear on his body, I’d wager Ingram would agree with that.

And yes, Kamara is a phenomenal fit for our offense. However as it’s been shown, giving Kamara too heavy of a workload has negatively affected his production efficiency. In 2018, he carried the ball 74 more times than he did in 2017 only generating 155 more yards and his YPC dropped a full yard and a half from 6.1 YPC to 4.6 YPC.

Now this year, our offense’s hand is kind of forced to give him as many touches as we can considering he and Thomas are the only lethal threats we have. I do think Murray should be getting a few more touches though to take a little off of Kamara’s load, but at the same time, Murray isn’t producing like Ingram has in that role.

Please point to my previous post where I said anything bad about Deuce? I said he fumbled more and more frequent than Ingram did, and that’s a fact whether you get up in your feelings about it or not.

It was YOU who said, and I quote, “a running back that fumbles is unforgivable” and “can never be the quality of a franchise back ever!!!” Those are your words, not mine. If you hold Ingram to that standard but not Deuce, then you’re nothing but an ignorant hypocrite. Don’t get mad because I called you out on it.

Deuce had 3 consecutive seasons where he put the ball on the ground 4+ times from 2002-2004, granted he toted the rock 260+ times each those years. However, Ingram never had 4 or more in any season as a Saint.

It’s not that it’s bad Deuce had 20 fumbles over an 8-year career, his numbers are great considering the number of touches he’s had. It’s just hypocrital to be angry about how much Ingram put the ball on the ground but be completely unphased by Deuce doing it, even though he statistically put the ball on the ground more.

I love Deuce and I love Ingram and appreciate all their contributions to the organization.

I can only imagine how upset you’re going to be when Ingram comes back to New Orleans for one more year after his deal is up in Baltimore to surpass Deuce as the franchise’s all-time leading rusher and then retire as a Saint. Considering he’s only 89 yards away, he’ll also more than likely do it on less carries considering he has 108 carries to get those 89 yards. You going to be BIG mad. :hihi:

Fact 1: That is an opinion.

Fact 2: That is another opinion, if the front office would agree with you, Payton wouldn’t have been trying to call Ingram to talk to him.

Fact 3: It wouldn’t have been a bidding war, all we had to do was match the $500K increase Baltimore offered and he was re-signing.

Fact 4: Yet the Saints walked away from the negotiating table first.

Fact 5: And this year, Ingram has more rushing yards, a far better YPC, twice as many rushing TD’s and receiving TD’s, a far better YPR, and only 3 less receiving yards on 10 less receptions than Murray does.

Fact 6: Another opinion. At the end of the day, they have very similar statistics over the same amount of time despite playing in entirely different offenses. Who is “loved more” by older Saints fans is entirely irrelevant in this argument and nothing more than a strawman to prop up your weak, failing argument like older Saints fans opinions matter more than any other Saints fans.

Fact 7: Hahahahaha, okay since you asked for it...
  • Ingram fumbled 1 time (in his second NFL game) in his first 3.5 years
  • His next fumble wouldn’t come until Week 11 of the 2014 season against the Ravens
  • He carried the ball 474 times between the 2011 Week 2 fumble and the 2014 Week 11 fumble
That’s 237 carries per fumble, hows that for his early career fumble rate?

Fact 8: False, Ingram was only benched once for fumbling (during the Week 8 game vs. the Seahawks in 2016). And do you remember what happened the next week after his benching?

NFL: Mark Ingram bounces back in big way after benching

Fact 9: He is 30 and he has the wear and tear of a 26-27 year old back due to splitting carries which will prolong his career.

Fact 10: Another opinion that you can’t prove.

Just take your L’s because I’m going to keep handing them to you.

I’ll extend my previous question to you since it went previously unanswered by the other poster I asked: If Mark wanted to leave that badly, why did he sign an extension here in 2015, a year before he was scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency, despite knowing at the time of signing that he was going to be splitting carries with 3 other RB’s?

If he wanted out of New Orleans THAT badly, wouldn’t he have played 2015 and then kited out then? Especially when you consider if he played through 2015 on his rookie deal that 3 of those 5 years would’ve been on a team with a losing record.
Hello, Police? Yes, I'd like to report a murder.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He's on my fantasy. He did better as a Saint. Fact!
I support Loonis's ecision concerning the possible salary demands o Ingram's agent, I don't give a DAMN about your fantasy team crap. Please keep that to the FF board.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep it civil! Some of the discussions of late have been getting a bit too smackish, which is what the Locker Room board is for. I don't want to have to go all :ban-him:up in here!

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I really miss Mark. He´s a great teammate, a really good RB and a fair sportsman.

Although his agent screwed the deal, it worked out perfectly for him. He gets good numbers at BAL and will finally be at the SB this year.
I cant see any team atm stopping the Ravens from getting to the SB. Bradys decline is shocking although his defense covers it up a little bit
Agreed.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Keep it civil! Some of the discussions of late have been getting a bit too smackish, which is what the Locker Room board is for. I don't want to have to go all :ban-him:up in here!
I’m sorry I never meant for it to be like this. If you feel the need to move it I understand. I now know why not to start threads like this.

SammyDaLoon

Crazy 😜 As A Loon & Original Iron-era Member!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Before I go on to the next thread for me & address Alan12 for personally attacking me aka "you should be embarrassed" persona non grata. I almost didn't think much of it until I realized what if you woulda told my 5 year old son this via this thread? How about any other fathers or mothers on this site? How would they feel you telling their kids that they should be embarrassed?

Something needs to be brought up because there are technically children on this site and they don't need to have ANY measured threat of embarrassment feigned by folks like Alan12 and the peanut gallery. Alan12 you sound like a real fun guy to hang around...always gotta be Mr. Fact Guy and all telling folks to be embarrassed..... This talk of imaginary L's.... I simply could care less brotha... I just wanted to express my viewpoint on the subject in a peaceful setting without being told by you that I should be embarrassed. Isn't that what Saintsreport is about?

Why the talk of embarrassment? When you make a PERSONAL statement like that to another person on this site, it just simply is an inflammatory comment by you. It's technically a personal attack buddy. It shows more about YOUR CHARACTER Sir then it does about how wonderful your FACT-CHECKIN Saintsreport Status is dude. Like someone with any self-worth could EVER draw Self-esteem(positive or negative) from an internet message board? It simply just doesn't compute to me bud. What if your comment about feeling embarrassed was directed at a teenager struggling with self-doubt or depression issues and your words cause this child to go deeper into their depression? Your words just ain't right bro.

Hey at the end of the day, I was simply having fun with the thread.

What I do know is that I spent about 5 minutes of my life expressing my opinion and it looks like you put a compilation of facts together to be right in your mind and serve rout L's of embarrassment.

I'm having fun either way & that's all that matters.....matter of FACT. Alan12, listen and learn buddy, when you're right and you go about proving your point the wrong way to transmit feelings of embarrassment or "less than" flipant ideas you disrespectful Sir ARE WRONG.

Reaction score
Before I go on to the next thread for me & address Alan12 for personally attacking me aka "you should be embarrassed" persona non grata. I almost didn't think much of it until I realized what if you woulda told my 5 year old son this via this thread? How about any other fathers or mothers on this site? How would they feel you telling their kids that they should be embarrassed?
Something needs to be brought up because there are technically children on this site and they don't need to have ANY measured threat of embarrassment feigned by folks like Alan12 and the peanut gallery. Alan12 you sound like a real fun guy to hang around...always gotta be Mr. Fact Guy and all telling folks to be embarrassed..... This talk of imaginary L's.... I simply could care less brotha... I just wanted to express my viewpoint on the subject in a peaceful setting without being told by you that I should be embarrassed. Isn't that what Saintsreport is about?

Why the talk of embarrassment? When you make a PERSONAL statement like that to another person on this site, it just simply is an inflammatory comment by you. It's technically a personal attack buddy. It shows more about YOUR CHARACTER Sir then it does about how wonderful your FACT-CHECKIN Saintsreport Status is dude. Like someone with any self-worth could EVER draw Self-esteem(positive or negative) from an internet message board? It simply just doesn't compute to me bud. What if your comment about feeling embarrassed was directed at a teenager struggling with self-doubt or depression issues and your words cause this child to go deeper into their depression? Your words just ain't right bro.

Hey at the end of the day, I was simply having fun with the thread.

What I do know is that I spent about 5 minutes of my life expressing my opinion and it looks like you put a compilation of facts together to be right in your mind and serve rout L's of embarrassment.

I'm having fun either way & that's all that matters.....matter of FACT. Alan12, listen and learn buddy, when you're right and you go about proving your point the wrong way to transmit feelings of embarrassment or "less than" flipant ideas you disrespectful Sir ARE WRONG.
First of all, I didn’t “personally attack” you. I attacked your asinine argument which was bursting at the seams of Ingram “fumbling away too many games” and “he was limited as a runner blah-blah-blah”. All of which were easily disproven through stats.

Second of all, I never once said anything about, “you should be embarrassed,” so you might want to check your own facts about that and actually pay attention to which poster you’re attempting to reply to because it wasn't me that said it. :idunno:

I disproved your original post which was filled with hyperbole and you got defensive and tried to come after me. Now you’re going to act all offended after not being able to take what you dished? Crying about “personal attacks” and “being talked down to,” yet you’re the one that’s calling people “clowns” and “son”? LOOOOOL. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom