N/S The Real Reason Mark Ingram Left Saints (1 Viewer)

SammyDaLoon

Crazy ? As A Loon & Original Iron-era Member!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, I didn’t “personally attack” you. I attacked your asinine argument which was bursting at the seams of Ingram “fumbling away too many games” and “he was limited as a runner blah-blah-blah”. All of which were easily disproven through stats.

Second of all, I never once said anything about, “you should be embarrassed,” so you might want to check your own facts about that and actually pay attention to which poster you’re attempting to reply to because it wasn't me that said it. :idunno:

I disproved your original post which was filled with hyperbole and you got defensive and tried to come after me. Now you’re going to act all offended after not being able to take what you dished? Crying about “personal attacks” and “being talked down to,” yet you’re the one that’s calling people “clowns” and “son”? LOOOOOL. ?
I’m not offended in any way....I replied in detail because your angle seemed to have some personal slight to it bud & I do not think that some posters take into serious account that kids read the site.

In my silly ? original reply post. I wasn’t attacking anyone personally; I was merely providing comedic relief to public figures which is generally accepted.

Come to think of it & I may be wrong here(i am wrong alot lol) I checked your profile to make sure you were not a child, but could not find definitive proof. Maybe you are a child? I do not know based on your screen profile info. If you are a child, I apologize for arguing with you & this clearly explains things for me and you should consult with your mother and father on things. Maybe Mark Ingram is your daddy and for this I apologize for offending your father. I just don’t know because at the end of the day the internet is big.?

Reaction score
I’m not offended in any way....I replied in detail because your angle seemed to have some personal slight to it bud & I do not think that some posters take into serious account that kids read the site.

In my silly ? original reply post. I wasn’t attacking anyone personally; I was merely providing comedic relief to public figures which is generally accepted.

Come to think of it & I may be wrong here(i am wrong alot lol) I checked your profile to make sure you were not a child, but could not find definitive proof. Maybe you are a child? I do not know based on your screen profile info. If you are a child, I apologize for arguing with you & this clearly explains things for me and you should consult with your mother and father on things. Maybe Mark Ingram is your daddy and for this I apologize for offending your father. I just don’t know because at the end of the day the internet is big.?
Your last post before this one certainly implied that you were offended in a “can someone come help me out this hole I dug for myself” sort of way.

And Ingram is not my father, nor are he and I related in anyway. I’m just not going to sit idly by as people with an agenda against him try to **** on him as if he was some practice squad, fringe level NFL player. He has the most rushing TD’s in franchise history and he’s 2nd in yards (90 yards away from being 1st).

There’s a rule on these forums against bashing Saints players/personnel and it seems that since Ingram left New Orleans, some posters here (not singling you out personally, I’ve seen it from multiple other posters and have debated with them too) are looking for every chance they can to take advantage of Ingram no longer having that protection and outright bash him for no other reason than they never liked him to begin with. Now that they no longer have to grit their teeth to smile every time he rips off a solid run, they can get all that 8 years of pent up hate out without technically breaking forum rules.

SammyDaLoon

VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Your last post before this one certainly implied that you were offended in a “can someone come help me out this hole I dug for myself” sort of way.

And Ingram is not my father, nor are he and I related in anyway. I’m just not going to sit idly by as people with an agenda against him try to **** on him as if he was some practice squad, fringe level NFL player. He has the most rushing TD’s in franchise history and he’s 2nd in yards (90 yards away from being 1st).

There’s a rule on these forums against bashing Saints players/personnel and it seems that since Ingram left New Orleans, some posters here (not singling you out personally, I’ve seen it from multiple other posters and have debated with them too) are looking for every chance they can to take advantage of Ingram no longer having that protection and outright bash him for no other reason than they never liked him to begin with. Now that they no longer have to grit their teeth to smile every time he rips off a solid run, they can get all that 8 years of pent up hate out without technically breaking forum rules.
Thank you ?? for clearing up that Mark isn’t your father. Now, I just realized that you may in fact be a “young adult” we’ll say because you left that out of your explanation and you neither confirmed or denied that you are not in fact a child. So what I will say is that your response was excellent fact finding work & very impressive. Good job ??

Now the rest of this post can only really be interpreted by one man, the myth, the legend, SUPASAINT because in his vein of silliness is where my words live.

I’m just having fun. Ol Marky Mark Ingram is alright w

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Before I go on to the next thread for me & address Alan12 for personally attacking me aka "you should be embarrassed" persona non grata. I almost didn't think much of it until I realized what if you woulda told my 5 year old son this via this thread? How about any other fathers or mothers on this site? How would they feel you telling their kids that they should be embarrassed?

Something needs to be brought up because there are technically children on this site and they don't need to have ANY measured threat of embarrassment feigned by folks like Alan12 and the peanut gallery. Alan12 you sound like a real fun guy to hang around...always gotta be Mr. Fact Guy and all telling folks to be embarrassed..... This talk of imaginary L's.... I simply could care less brotha... I just wanted to express my viewpoint on the subject in a peaceful setting without being told by you that I should be embarrassed. Isn't that what Saintsreport is about?

Why the talk of embarrassment? When you make a PERSONAL statement like that to another person on this site, it just simply is an inflammatory comment by you. It's technically a personal attack buddy. It shows more about YOUR CHARACTER Sir then it does about how wonderful your FACT-CHECKIN Saintsreport Status is dude. Like someone with any self-worth could EVER draw Self-esteem(positive or negative) from an internet message board? It simply just doesn't compute to me bud. What if your comment about feeling embarrassed was directed at a teenager struggling with self-doubt or depression issues and your words cause this child to go deeper into their depression? Your words just ain't right bro.

Hey at the end of the day, I was simply having fun with the thread.

What I do know is that I spent about 5 minutes of my life expressing my opinion and it looks like you put a compilation of facts together to be right in your mind and serve rout L's of embarrassment.

I'm having fun either way & that's all that matters.....matter of FACT. Alan12, listen and learn buddy, when you're right and you go about proving your point the wrong way to transmit feelings of embarrassment or "less than" flipant ideas you disrespectful Sir ARE WRONG.
All he did was provide statistical proof that your Mark Ingram takes were incorrect.

You then doubled down on that (obviously) incorrect opinion.

Alan was not out of line or insulting. This is ridiculous

SammyDaLoon

VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SupaSaint to the rescue! ???? I’m abandoning the post....

Abort The Failed Mission...

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

What is even happening here?

You have been way more condescending and insulting than the person you are making these accusations against.

You have also been proven (objectively) wrong. What is with this silly “think of the children!” stuff?

Innotech

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
when it comes down to it the Saints and Ravens are doing equally well this year so it is kind of a wash.
I miss Ingrams character but he has moved on and Latavius Murray has been a beast in his place.

SammyDaLoon

VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yikes ? i just realized, from the beginning, I may have commented on this cause I was boredAF today...

I really just don’t like Mark Ingram cause he shat the bed with us those 1st few years now folks gonna treat him like he’s something special.

It just doesn’t sit well with my Saints spirit cause I feel he “jobbed” the contract negotiations and I believe he purposely put the blame on his Agent. This makes me view him in a negative light.

Then somebody on here gonna compare him to Deuce Mcallister which I don’t feel Mark deserves.

That is all.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yikes ? i just realized, from the beginning, I may have commented on this cause I was boredAF today...

I really just don’t like Mark Ingram cause he shat the bed with us those 1st few years now folks gonna treat him like he’s something special.

It just doesn’t sit well with my Saints spirit cause I feel he “jobbed” the contract negotiations and I believe he purposely put the blame on his Agent. This makes me view him in a negative light.

Then somebody on here gonna compare him to Deuce Mcallister which I don’t feel Mark deserves.

That is all.
Again, that's like, your opinion man. A lot of Saints fans look back fondly on Ingram's time as a who dat. I'll always see him as a who dat. I'll remember his angry runs and unabashed support of his teammates. The camaraderie between him, Kamara and the rest of the locker room was a ton of fun. The criticism of him those first few years was savage. And when he started having a lot of success, and his value as a runner, receiver and blocker proved indispensable. Kamara and Ingram complemented each other very well.

It's just disappointing that you feel like you have to tear him down, and without any objective evidence, to make yourself feel better about him leaving. It's a weird and illogical pattern I see in some fans to diss other players who are no longer Saints players. But, if that works for you, so be it. Just don't be surprised when people disagree with you.

And while I'm happy for the success he's having in Baltimore, I'm happy to see Murray is filling his shoes about as well as can be expected. I've moved on, but it seems some bitter people haven't yet. :shrug:

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did not know I would be starting the thread of the year.
Well, what gets me is, I think you meant well, but that intro he did was typical Ingram. He had his teammates' backs when he was with the Saints, and he has his teammates' backs as a Raven. It's who he is. He's a trip and I'd run through a brick wall along with him. It certainly wasn't intended by him as a slight to anyone else. He's just cheering his teammate, which makes him an even better person in my book.

Reaction score

That is all.
It’s not that he **** the bed those first few years, it’s how Payton used him that didn’t afford him the opportunity to put up the flashy numbers everyone was expecting him to put up as a 1st round pick that we traded up to get. All the people that were disappointed with him were expecting him to have 200+ carries, 1000 yards, and a boatload of TD’s for what we gave up to get him and Payton had a different vision for his offense.

His first 2 and a half years here, we had Thomas, Sproles, and Ivory here so he was essentially used as a short yardage and goal-line back exclusively and his carries per game numbers and YPC show such...
  • 2011: 12.2 carries/game, 3.9 YPC
  • 2012: 9.8 carries/game, 3.9 YPC
  • 2013: 7.1 carries/game, 4.9 YPC
It wasn’t until halfway through the 2013 season that Payton really started feeding him enough that Ingram was able to demonstrate he was fully capable of being a 3-down RB and eventually the aforementioned RB’s either departed or retired. They were replaced with new names (Hightower, Robinson, and Spiller), but even though he was still splitting carries, he learned to get into his rhythm faster. From 2014 on, you can see Payton started feeding him more and rotating RB’s less frequently compared to his first 3 years...
  • 2014: 17.4 carries/game, 4.3 YPC
  • 2015: 13.8 carries/game, 4.6 YPC
  • 2016: 12.8 carries/game, 5.1 YPC
  • 2017: 14.4 carries/game, 4.9 YPC
  • 2018: 11.5 carries/game, 4.7 YPC
First 3 years: 356 carries / 37 games = 9.6 carries/game, 4.1 YPC

Last 5 years: 965 carries / 69 games = 14.0 carries/game, 4.7 YPC

All he needed was for Payton to let him stay in the game and get that rhythm going.

The way stuff transpired with his agent is unfortunate for all parties involved. He never should’ve switched agents. Originally represented by Joel Seagal, he changed agents prior to the 2018 season and is now represented by Paul Bobbitt. The reason behind it was Bobbitt played football at Michigan State with Ingram’s dad and is a close family friend of the Ingram’s. Bobbitt took advantage of that relationship by constantly reinforcing the idea that Ingram was worth $8M per year on the open market.

If you have someone you’ve been around nearly all your life and they’re now handling your business interests, you’re far more likely to trust them, right? And that’s what happened. The interviews Ingram did upon signing with the Ravens did not have that same cheerful demeanor, he appeared as someone who regretted what happened. Of course he had to give the same clichéd answers of “happy to be here”, “can’t wait to get to work”, “nice meeting all the new guys,” and all that but you could clearly see it was night and day personality-wise a few months ago.

Now, his demeanor is much closer to how it was here but it definitely helps morale when you’re steamrolling the conference but alas.

The Deuce comparison was made more about how you felt about Ingram’s fumbles, it was never a slight towards Deuce. Only that if you felt that strongly about Ingram putting the ball on the ground, then that should be applied unilaterally across all Saints RB’s, Deuce just happens to be the only one that is ahead of Ingram on the franchise’s all-time rushing yardage list and that’s why the comparison was made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steve Gleason to appear on tonight’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel Saints RSS News Feeds 0