THE REAL REASON we lost (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
The refs. No no no...it wasn't a bad call that cost us.

No it was the ref knocking Colston off his route on what would of been a sure 1st down catch and a broken tackle away from a TD.

If he catches that we most likely continue to drive on them like we had all game and that drive.

Instead we punt. Next play Willie Parker goes 72 yards and the Steelers take the lead.

That was the turning point. Funny that I finally was watching a game where I thought the refs called it well (and even favored us a little) yet they still screw us in the long run.

That was a major turning point....and that look that Colston gave the ref as he was heading to the sideline, whew!

The refs. No no no...it wasn't a bad call that cost us.

No it was the ref knocking Colston off his route on what would of been a sure 1st down catch and a broken tackle away from a TD.

If he catches that we most likely continue to drive on them like we had all game and that drive.

Instead we punt. Next play Willie Parker goes 72 yards and the Steelers take the lead.

That was the turning point. Funny that I finally was watching a game where I thought the refs called it well (and even favored us a little) yet they still screw us in the long run.

Oh just stop it. We lost because our D allowed Parker to run for 70+ yd carries TWICE. Oh and maybe because we couldn't seem to hang onto the ball?

Oh just stop it. We lost because our D allowed Parker to run for 70+ yd carries TWICE. Oh and maybe because we couldn't seem to hang onto the ball?

This thread was meant half joking.

Go check 3 other threads I posted in this morning. I solely blamed our run D and sited thsoe 2 runs as the reason we lost. This was in those threads blaming copper and our offense.

But I do believe that was the turning point in the game. Did it cost us the game? Maybe, but if someone whos not supposed to interfer with a game doesn't this game goes a different way.

That did stink for sure. For the life of me, why is the ref standing directly in the typical crossing route area of the receiver?
I have to say when it all comes down to it, 3 turnovers on the road equals a loss just about every time. Despite their record, Pittsburgh is a much better team than Green Bay. We got away with the turnovers on the road once this season. It won't happen again.

This thread was meant half joking.

Go check 3 other threads I posted in this morning. I solely blamed our run D and sited thsoe 2 runs as the reason we lost. This was in those threads blaming copper and our offense.

But I do believe that was the turning point in the game. Did it cost us the game? Maybe, but if someone whos not supposed to interfer with a game doesn't this game goes a different way.

Sorry, I don't exactly follow you around the site. Your sarcasm is a bit thin, I sure didn't pick up on it at all, seemed pretty serious to me.

I almost thought Colston was going to hit the ref with the look he gave him. That was a huge play in the game but the Reggie fumble and Carney missed FG on consecutive drives were the killers not to mention the non calls that led to the Parker runs.

Although we did play against 12 men on that busted play - the reson why we lost was:

- Turnovers
- SPecial teams
- turnovers

Brees was playing like an NFL god!!!!

I Think That If The Ref Gets In The Way Of A Pass The They Should Give You Another Down Or They Should Spot The Ball Where The Pass Was Intended Maybe In The Next Owners Meeting Mr. Benson Will Bring That To The Commisioners Attention

Yeah, that was definitely a stroke of bad luck.

But I maintain that the single biggest factor that led to the loss was lack of media respect.

Personally, I think we're 1-2 since Andrus unveiled the new SaintsReport site.....

TURNOVERS Stop blaming everybody else

Our run D cost us this game. All our turnovers came deep in their territory after long drives.

Sure it would of been nice to cash those in for points but we still scored 31 poitns. We did not give up any turnovers for TD's or even give Pitt a short field on them.

Its so cliche to say TO's cost us the game. Its usually the case but this is different. If our D could of stopped 1 of those 2 Parker 75 yard runs this game is still a win for us.

Our run D cost us this game. All our turnovers came deep in their territory after long drives.

Sure it would of been nice to cash those in for points but we still scored 31 poitns. We did not give up any turnovers for TD's or even give Pitt a short field on them.

Its so cliche to say TO's cost us the game. Its usually the case but this is different. If our D could of stopped 1 of those 2 Parker 75 yard runs this game is still a win for us.

What started those drives, TURNOVERS. The fumbling has to stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom