THE REAL REASON we lost (1 Viewer)

That Colston play was by no means a sure first down. But it was pretty ridiculous for the ref to be an impediment.

Reason for LOSSES

Let's face facts the reason the Saints lost yesterday as well as against the Ravens is turnovers. If the Saints don't stop themselves, or give the other team gift points, I truly believe that the Saints are at worst 8-1. Certain members of this team have had costly turnovers that have either let teams back into the game or have caused critical momentum shifts.

The most positive aspect we can take away from these losses is that the Saints have played hard in all the games and have not been blown out of any game. If this team can keep down the turnovers and be consistent in all four quarters this team will make some noise in the playoffs.

With that said --- WHY is DEUCE not more involved in the game? I know Bush is learning and getting more accustomed to running inside, but no one can argue about the success that Deuce is having. If anything Deuce should be in the game early wearing down the defense and Bush should running the ball in the latter part of the game.

I cannot give enough kudos to the way Brees, Colston and Deuce played yesterday. Also Stecker had some bigtime receptions.

There was this whole thing where we turned the ball over three times - I'm thinking that might have been at least a small contributing factor to the eventual loss.

Then there were a couple of 70+ yard runs by Willie Parker - runs which should not have happened, due to either defensive breakdowns or an obvious (non-called) holding penalty. That being said, however, we still win this game - handily - if we hold on to the ball.

if you are going to call the refs out then make sure you point out what they did for us aswell.

during the game #28 (i forget who) was HANGING all over heath miller which would of been the go ahead TD.

we had abunch of questionable calls that were called for us, not the refs fault we lost.

Sorry, I don't exactly follow you around the site. Your sarcasm is a bit thin, I sure didn't pick up on it at all, seemed pretty serious to me.

we definitely lost for a number of reasons, the most significant being 3 but i DID NOT like the fact the official threw a shoulder into Colston and it didn't help our drive. You may need to watch that momentum buster a few more times if you do not think it was all that important.

also I thought the comment regarding the officials giving us the calls and still finding a way to stick it to us was perdi darn funny and true.

You need to not take yourself so seriously bro lighten up

Last edited:
It's hard to win games against good football teams when you turn the ball over 3 x's to O. Good teams take care of the football. If we expect to have a chance at making the playoffs and making a run for the Super Bowl we cannot continue to turn the ball over.

Ithink they are tring to give Duece as much time as they can when his knee is bothering him. He looked good yesterday but when we are down Reggie keeps them guessing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom