The real season begins today (1 Viewer)

the turnovers were almost comical if they weren't so sad

Not going to happen under this coach. I'd like to win too but he clearly blew that game last night. Another one bites the dust. Maybe better luck vs Golden State. Tired of this coach blowing these games. As for performance being well you must not have seen our defense. Can't even beat the depleted replacement coached Denver Nuggets(twice) and barely beat the Bucks thanks to a ball bouncing out the rim. Injuries no excuse to lose to Knicks,Magic(Another replacement coach),Hornets,Celtics(Twice etc. Do you realize if we won the games we are suppose to win we could be a 4 seed right now discussing locking up home court? Think about that. Can't blame injuries. Do you here Popovich blaming injuries after losses? Quit making excuses and win.

I don't hear Monty making excuses either. It's not an excuse, it's reality. To be playing a decent Suns team on the road without Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson for the whole game, Omer Asik for the second half basically, and a hobbled Tyreke Evans playing on a sprained ankle, and still have a wide open 6 foot jumper to win the game is about all I could reasonably ask for. And I admit our D has not been very good this year, but to call them out now after giving up 74 points to the Suns and 84 to the Bucks the previous game is absurd. It shows improvement at the very least.

I don't think KD is a member of the Thunder next season.

I don't think KD is a member of the Thunder next season.

Would be interesting if they move him . Offseason should be interesting for Pelicans too. I expect moves will be made much like what is going on with the Saints. Don't count on Gordon opting in.

I don't hear Monty making excuses either. It's not an excuse, it's reality. To be playing a decent Suns team on the road without Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson for the whole game, Omer Asik for the second half basically, and a hobbled Tyreke Evans playing on a sprained ankle, and still have a wide open 6 foot jumper to win the game is about all I could reasonably ask for. And I admit our D has not been very good this year, but to call them out now after giving up 74 points to the Suns and 84 to the Bucks the previous game is absurd. It shows improvement at the very least.

Pels were pretty close to last for most of the season in OPPG. Now it's middle of the pack.

Not going to happen under this coach. I'd like to win too but he clearly blew that game last night. Another one bites the dust. Maybe better luck vs Golden State. Tired of this coach blowing these games. As for performance being well you must not have seen our defense. Can't even beat the depleted replacement coached Denver Nuggets(twice) and barely beat the Bucks thanks to a ball bouncing out the rim. Injuries no excuse to lose to Knicks,Magic(Another replacement coach),Hornets,Celtics(Twice etc. Do you realize if we won the games we are suppose to win we could be a 4 seed right now discussing locking up home court? Think about that. Can't blame injuries. Do you here Popovich blaming injuries after losses? Quit making excuses and win.

So if Monty isn't going to make it to the playoffs, how did he make it his first season? It probably had nothing to due with players with BBIQ, or continuity.

Seriously, there simply is no pleasing you. I don't even know how you're a Saints or Pelicans fans from all of your posts. You either live a perfect life, or complain about everything.

Yes, I do want to talk playoffs. I want to talk about the fact that we are only 1 game out with more than 3/4 of the season gone despite playing in the toughest conference and strongest division in the NBA. I want to talk about how well the team has played lately despite missing so many starters and key contributors and counting on players who were just recently signed. I want to talk about the progress this team has made and how much better we will be in the future because of it. And until the point when/if we are eliminated from the playoffs, I will want to talk about the possibility of getting in and how much I appreciate the fact that this is still possible to talk about despite the obstacles that this team has faced this season.

We could have 4 people playing on the court for injuries, and this guy would still complain about the coaching. It's really getting old.

Kings have won 4 games since George Karl took over over a month ago. I'm not saying Karl is a bad coach BTW, I'm just saying people thinking "Oh, we'll get a coach and it's going to get better!" but in reality, there is a greater chance that it won't.

Stability and continuity will do more for this franchise than just hitting the reset button every thing doesn't happen in an instant.

Again I'm just stating the facts. Monty is inconsistent. Most nba coaches would have been fired by now.Don't matter if yo do or don't make the playoffs. See Mark Jackson. Tom thibadeu could be out in Chcago at end of season. Monty overall coaching record is not that good. If you feel I'm doom and gloom you obviously do not read Pelicans Report or Tiger Droppings . I do disagree with slot of those posters .

Again I'm just stating the facts. Monty is inconsistent. Most nba coaches would have been fired by now.Don't matter if yo do or don't make the playoffs. See Mark Jackson. Tom thibadeu could be out in Chcago at end of season. Monty overall coaching record is not that good. If you feel I'm doom and gloom you obviously do not read Pelicans Report or Tiger Droppings . I do disagree with slot of those posters .

I've posted things from PR a number of times, I read what's useful and ignore the rest. I sure as hell don't post at any of those forums because it's simply not worth my time.

You say that you're stating facts. Monty is inconsistent at what? Where are the facts to back this up?

Okay, I'll state some facts:

- Monty has been to the playoffs.

- Monty has a terrible overall record.

- Monty's record has improved each season since he worst record the second year.

- OKC were predicted to be a pretty high seed in the West and are missing key players. They are battling for the 8th seed in the West.

-George Karl is 4-11 as the Kings coach.

Those are actual facts. Not my opinion.

Now on to my opinions:

- Monty has had questionable talent at best, until last season.

- No matter how much a coach denies it, injuries do matter to an extent. If we lost Brees to injury, do you think the Saints will make it to the Super Bowl? Are the Patriots considered a contender without Brady?

- Continuity matters, and it's something we lack with our core players. Even Tim Duncan stated that it's what helps them so much in San Antonio.

- If Monty is the coach next season, I'd expect to make the playoffs... assuming a healthy team. If we didn't make it, his contract is up and we can find a replacement. Regardless, I highly doubt we're contenders next year... with or without a new coach.

I've posted things from PR a number of times, I read what's useful and ignore the rest. I sure as hell don't post at any of those forums because it's simply not worth my time.

You say that you're stating facts. Monty is inconsistent at what? Where are the facts to back this up?

- Monty's record has improved each season since he worst record the second year.

- OKC were predicted to be a pretty high seed in the West and are missing key players. They are battling for the 8th seed in the West.

Now on to my opinions:

- No matter how much a coach denies it, injuries do matter to an extent. If we lost Brees to injury, do you think the Saints will make it to the Super Bowl? Are the Patriots considered a contender without Brady?

- Continuity matters, and it's something we lack with our core players. Even Tim Duncan stated that it's what helps them so much in San Antonio.

- If Monty is the coach next season, I'd expect to make the playoffs... assuming a healthy team. If we didn't make it, his contract is up and we can find a replacement. Regardless, I highly doubt we're contenders next year... with or without a new coach.

I gave you examples of inconsistency. Start with losing to bad teams. Did you also see the last minute of the PHX game ? Do you want more? I will gladly post Gus Katinengal, Jimmy Smith, Brett Martel articles on his inconsistencies . At least Monty iis admitting it now .On to Golden State now.

I gave you examples of inconsistency. Start with losing to bad teams. Did you also see the last minute of the PHX game ? Do you want more? I will gladly post Gus Katinengal, Jimmy Smith, Brett Martel articles on his inconsistencies . At least Monty iis admitting it now .On to Golden State now.

I'll start with another fact. In the past month, we are 7-3 against teams with losing records.

Yes I watched the PHX, so please point out the inconsistencies you saw from Monty.

So you're diverting to articles. Do these articles point to factual information or more opinion pieces? Isn't Jimmy Smith the guy that pretty much hates everything the Pels do? Isaiah Thomas and the other analyst was just complimenting Monty for good coaching considering how depleted the team has been, yet battling for 8th seed. I'm not going to sit here and say they are right, because it's a matter of one's opinion.

Admitting it, as if he was unaware of his mistakes before? Monty has said it a million times that it's all a process. It's a process for the players AND the coach.

I'll start with another fact. In the past month, we are 7-3 against teams with losing records.

Yes I watched the PHX, so please point out the inconsistencies you saw from Monty.

So you're diverting to articles. Do these articles point to factual information or more opinion pieces? Isn't Jimmy Smith the guy that pretty much hates everything the Pels do? Isaiah Thomas and the other analyst was just complimenting Monty for good coaching considering how depleted the team has been, yet battling for 8th seed. I'm not going to sit here and say they are right, because it's a matter of one's opinion.

Admitting it, as if he was unaware of his mistakes before? Monty has said it a million times that it's all a process. It's a process for the players AND the coach.

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 10m10 minutes ago

Can’t believe nobody is writing about NOR end game possession last night. One of Monty’s finest blunders.
2 retweets 3 favorites

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 9m9 minutes ago

They started the possession with 28 left in game 24 on shot clock and had Tyreke just stand and dribble for 12 secs before burning a timeout

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 9m9 minutes ago

He was holding for last shot in a spot where a; he wasn’t getting the last shot, b; he was losing

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 7m7 minutes ago

Phx missed one of 2 fts and they still had a chance to tie the game or win, unfortunately Monty structured it so they only had 2 secs left.

Process how much longer you going to give him?

Now on to my opinions:

George Karl has been in Sacramento for what 20 days and Monty has had more than 4 years so again you compare apples to oranges.

Now on to my opinions:

Yes you just proved my point Scott Brooks is on the hot seat in OKC with injuries yet we continue to give Monty free passes. Actually he has been on hot seat since last season.

Oklahoma City Thunder Coach Scott Brooks Is On The Hot Seat In 2014-15 | RantSports

OKC Thunder: Why Scott Brooks' job should be on the line | News OK

Yes I would take him(Brooks) over Monty in a heartbeat if he becomes available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom