The Reason I DON'T Want Teddy As the Heir (1 Viewer)

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
First let me start by saying I love TB. This isn't another one of those threads about him not being Drew. In fact, I was just defending how well he's played when I realised; I really don't want him as the heir to Drew. In fact, I don't want any QB that's already in the league to be the successor. Why? Money.

Teddy is gonna get paid. Meanwhile we have a host of players on both sides of the ball that will need need deals soon... That's the price of drafting so well. We also happen to have maybe the best evaluator of QB talent in the league. Think about what CSP has done; developed Romo from undrafted into one of the better (regular season) QBs of his era. Helped Drew become the goat. He chose Teddy (obviously now a great call). And reports were that he would've drafted Mahomes too. So I'd rather keep Latt, Kamara, Ram, Bell, Rankins etc and allow our evil genius to pick his young QB to groom behind Drew, and get him cheap for 5 years so that we can make the most of this team.

That’s absolutely part of the equation here. You don’t want to risk losing one of your core guys. AK, ML, Ram, Rankins, etc are all gonna get paid.

At the same time, you have to be absolutely sure of your QB. If Payton thinks TB is a super bowl caliber QB, you don’t let him leave the building. You let Loomis figure out the $.

But to your point, that’s absolutely a big reason why drafting a QB would be more appealing if all things are equal. It’s just such a big unknown.

I think a 6 year 100 million keeps him and at that rate. You got to do it.

Zero chance of that happening. He's going to get minimum 5 years $100 million, unless its a Cousins types deal where its fully guaranteed for less years but more money. In the floor is probably about 3/80. Look at how many QB needy teams around the league.

its sad, but we won't be able to afford Bridgewater and Drew. And unless Drew retires I can't see us choosing Bridgewater as much as we may like him.

Less than 20 million a year is a steal. And you only hope that he continues to get better
I agree that's a good deal. But Pat Mahomes/ Deshaun Watson are currently on 4 year deals that are worth $15 million total, not per, total! With a 5th year option that is still very cheap.

Given that Drew will be around (we hope) for one more year at least, I don't wanna be sinking all that money into the QB position. I love TB. I will always be a fan of his for what he's done here. But I want a dynasty and I'd trust CSP to find the heir and keep this band together.

I think a 6 year 100 million keeps him and at that rate. You got to do it.
Why in the world would he accept that? If he thinks he is a starting NFL QB, he would be a fool to accept that.

I agree that's a good deal. But Pat Mahomes/ Deshaun Watson are currently on 4 year deals that are worth $15 million total, not per, total! With a 5th year option that is still very cheap.

Given that Drew will be around (we hope) for one more year at least, I don't wanna be sinking all that money into the QB position. I love TB. I will always be a fan of his for what he's done here. But I want a dynasty and I'd trust CSP to find the heir and keep this band together.
That comes down to what the scouting department covet and realistically able to obtain.

That comes down to what the scouting department covet and realistically able to obtain.
Nah, with QBs you know CSP has the final say. The man KNOWS quarterbacking.

Well I am not sold on TB has our next franchise QB, we have yet to see him take this offense and score at will when the game is on the line, the defense has clearly kept the pressure off of TB in all of his starts....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom