The recent "hate" on Lattimore (1 Viewer)

criticism on CBs is a sport as old as football. The CBs that don't draw criticism from some has probably never been more than 2 or 3 (and 3 is me hedging my bet high) in the whole league in any given year. I thought he had a rough outing against Houston until I watched the game a second time, now I think he had a really good game. It only takes one or two plays in a game to forget every good play. And then if you are watching TV and a CB plays lock down all game you don't ever even see them on the screen. One of the roughest gigs ever.

He's playing fine. Ramsey got burned in single coverage last night as well.

Marcus Williams is hanging Lattimore out to dry way too often.

They’re both fine. This is very reminiscent of the 09-11 seasons where we blitzed heavy and put our DBs in single coverage a lot. Dennis Allen is playing to our strength but it doesn’t always work out

Well let's keep in mind that on this play in question, it was 3rd & 16. The only way you get beat is right down the field on a Go route, and that is exactly what was given up.

Lattimore was up in press, but didn't really get much of a jam or redirect as Cooks won off the line, and then immediately went into trail position. Which leads you to believe he was expecting Safety help behind him all the way...

the problem is Marcus Williams was caught flat flooted, staring at the Quarterback... (which is happening a lot on big plays down the field) We don't really know if this was a Dennis Allen call, an Aaron Glenn call, or Marshon, and Marcus work it out before the snap, but it's another blown coverage in a crucial 3rd and Long. Which is getting really frustrating, and they keep saying they will clean it up but we keep seeing the same mistakes in the secondary.
Lattimore wasn’t in press on that play if I’m remembering right could be wrong

How’s is this legal btw ?

Attachments

• 35EBD05C-7FD1-4E11-8A42-D2B7FE98551A.jpeg
    35EBD05C-7FD1-4E11-8A42-D2B7FE98551A.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom