Food The Recipe Thread [tm--CajunCook] (2 Viewers)

Get you a good duck. Force feed him till his liver nearly explodes.

Do you have any specific steps to accomplish this? Chopsticks maybe? Youtube video? ;)

No, seriously.

Edit: Nevermind I found it on youtube... :ipuker:

any subs for the liver?

Grilled Tuna Tacos

1 tomato, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds (1 1/2-inch) thick tuna steaks
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 corn tortillas
1 avocado, diced( alternative is guacamole)

Heat grill.

In a bowl combine tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Brush tuna with oil. Grill fish about 5 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork or until fish reaches desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside.
Heat beans in a saucepan over medium heat.

Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds, or place on grill 15 seconds per side.

Cut tuna into 1-inch chunks.

In a bowl combine tuna with tomato mixture and avocado sprinkled with any remaining lime juice. Layer each warm tortilla with 1/4 cup black beans and a portion of tuna salad.

Makes 8 servings.

I've used trout, redfish, and lemon fish which all worked well.

Breesy Beefy Mac

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped andouille
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tablespoon flour
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeños
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar and American cheese (plus extra for topping)
3/4 cup uncooked macaroni or pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
Melt the butter in a hot skillet, add andouille and sauté. Once the andouille is crispy, add ground beef. Break up the ground beef, and cook until the beef is done all the way through. Stir in flour until smooth.

Add heavy cream and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until mixture thickens. Add tomatoes, jalapeños, salt, pepper and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring slowly (about 2 minutes

Mix the cheese sauce with the cooked pasta, and place into a well-greased oven safe dish. Top with a layer of shredded cheddar and bake for 7 minutes or more at 375 degrees, until dish is heated through and cheese is golden brown.

who here has tried this one? It is not the kind of food that I normally would consider on gameday but I might do some for a preseason game in honor of our QB. Only problem is it looks like a lot (no info on how many servings). I will probably either cut in half or third.

This one is from NOLA courtesy of M Bistro btw

who here has tried this one? It is not the kind of food that I normally would consider on gameday but I might do some for a preseason game in honor of our QB. Only problem is it looks like a lot (no info on how many servings). I will probably either cut in half or third.

This one is from NOLA courtesy of M Bistro btw

It looks good. i would add green onions. It doesn't look like that much, and I don't know that I would reduce the amount, because if it doesn't fill a casserole dish to the right depth, it won't cook correctly.

Yeah, you could probably reduce the amount of beef without affecting the overall recipe too much.

Does anyone home make their peanut butter? Have you tried it with brown sugar? I'm curious how that works as opposed to honey.

Anyone have a recipe for original McKenzie's type King cake? I've seen a couple on internet. Any suggestions on which is best. I remember they had a slight citrus zest. Also with the sugar'd topping. Sure miss them.

In a blender put:

1) 3 egg yokes
2) 1/2 lemon juiced
3) 1 tsp creole mustard
4) 1/2 tsp sea salt

Turn on blender on lowest setting

Slowly add 1 stick of butter, melted

Top freshly made cornbread

Thank me later

So, fancy hollandaise?

the best, easiest and perhaps tastiest I have ever had... and I am an eggs benedict junkie

less than 5 min to make... even better cold on fancy sammiches

also my version of cane's sauce...

1 tbsp. mayo
1/2 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 tbsp. wasabi
dash of creole seasoning

mix VERY well.... let sit in fridge for 30 min before serving

Beer Nuts
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 ½ cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 ½ cups unsalted whole cashews
9 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp wasabi powder
4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground cayenne

How to make it:
1. Preheat your oven to 225°F. In a large bowl, whip together the egg whites and soy sauce till frothy. Add the nuts, mix well, and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, wasabi powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
3. Drain the nuts of excess liquid and then toss them with the reserved seasoning. Spread the nuts on a non-stick baking sheet and bake until well browned, about 1 ½ hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Makes 16 servings, as a snack.
BeerNuts_0.jpg

THE Ultimate Burger Sauce from Bon Appetite "The Grilling Book" Cookbook which has some awesome recipes. Every recipe that I've tried so far has been excellent. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to grill. The Kindle Version is only $10.
The Grilling Book: The Definitive Guide from Bon Appetit: Adam Rapoport: 9781449427528: Amazon.com: Books

Special Sauce

When ketchup meets mayonnaise— and adobo sauce— magic happens. Earn bonus points by bringing a jar of this sauce to the next cookout you attend. If your supermarket doesn’t carry chipotle chiles in adobo, look for them at Latin markets.

1 ⁄ 2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. finely grated onion
1 Tbsp. sweet relish or dill pickle relish
2 tsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
1 ⁄ 8 tsp. celery salt
1 ⁄ 8 tsp. kosher salt

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Makes about a cup. Can be made 3 days ahead. Store in refrigerator.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom