Food The Recipe Thread [tm--CajunCook] (1 Viewer)

Zojurushi makes the best insulated coffee bottle in the business. I actually cut back on how much coffee I drink because it keeps it hot for so long. Even better is that even the 20oz version fits into any cupholder, so no more monstrous coffee mugs.

Zojirushi SM-SC60HM Stainless Mug, Slate Gray Amazon product ASIN B01BTX5006
Do you think they are better than the Yeti cups? I bought a yeti a few years ago when I was working down in St. Augustine. It was in the high 90’s and maybe even a bit over 100. I guy that I was working with had drove up from just a few miles north of Miami. His truck had been setting in his truck all day from the time he got there until around 7pm. I asked him how he liked his and he showed me the cup still had ice in it. I love my yeti but if there’s something better I want to know about it.

Do you think they are better than the Yeti cups? I bought a yeti a few years ago when I was working down in St. Augustine. It was in the high 90’s and maybe even a bit over 100. I guy that I was working with had drove up from just a few miles north of Miami. His truck had been setting in his truck all day from the time he got there until around 7pm. I asked him how he liked his and he showed me the cup still had ice in it. I love my yeti but if there’s something better I want to know about it.
A Yeti is a no go for me because they're so big, but I don't really use my travel cup for cold liquids. O can say that my zojurushi kept coffee hot for right at 18 hours once when I got busy at work and didn't finish my coffee and then didn't empty it until the next day. It fits easily in my travel bag where the water bottle fits. The top will lock so it doesn't spill and it comes completely apart for cleaning.

A Yeti is a no go for me because they're so big, but I don't really use my travel cup for cold liquids. O can say that my zojurushi kept coffee hot for right at 18 hours once when I got busy at work and didn't finish my coffee and then didn't empty it until the next day. It fits easily in my travel bag where the water bottle fits. The top will lock so it doesn't spill and it comes completely apart for cleaning.
See I’m one of the oddballs who doesn’t drink coffee. It’s not that I don’t like it but it’s not a have to have like is is for some people. I do however love me some hot chocolate and I have put some in my yeti and it stayed hot for a 3 hour drive and sitting through a high school football game. My last sip came when I was getting in my truck for the ride home and it was still hot. My only complaint with the yeti is that it’s not dishwasher safe. I’m just happy we live in a time we have the technology to have these comforts. My dad loved coffee and his go to cup was a heavy cup that he took with him off the battleship he served on in WW2 and Korea. He would be in heaven with either of these cups.

See I’m one of the oddballs who doesn’t drink coffee. It’s not that I don’t like it but it’s not a have to have like is is for some people. I do however love me some hot chocolate and I have put some in my yeti and it stayed hot for a 3 hour drive and sitting through a high school football game. My last sip came when I was getting in my truck for the ride home and it was still hot. My only complaint with the yeti is that it’s not dishwasher safe. I’m just happy we live in a time we have the technology to have these comforts. My dad loved coffee and his go to cup was a heavy cup that he took with him off the battleship he served on in WW2 and Korea. He would be in heaven with either of these cups.

I have never understood the real need for a YETI because I drink anything I drink fast. NO coffee would ever get cold or beer get hot unless I forgot it or was full. MY wife, however, brings coffee to her office at 9 and comes home at 230 with half a cup still hot.

Those things are amazing.

I’ve got a big green egg and love it. A friend of mine goy a Yoder and loves it, but I haven’t been out to see it yet but I hope to this weekend.

bake 3-5 lbs small red potatoes for 1hr at 350

smash on pan and add seasoning of your choice, butter and cheese I like smoked gouda, feta, or sharp cheddar... cook for another 10min at 450

remove from oven and plate with a freshly made sunny side up egg, finely chopped fresh dill and green onions and of course goes extremely well with bacon and/or sausage.

Ok I recently sold my big green egg to a friend and was in the market for a new grill. I have a camp chef woodwind pellet grill that I love but wanted more of a grill than a smoker. I had a friend from high school who lives in Illinois and works for the company that owns Webber grills. He sent me a link to a site where I could buy Webber grills at a greatly reduced price. I bought a Webber summit 24 inch cooking station for $128.00. This is a close to $2,000 grill so I really hope it comes in with at least most of the parts and if so it’s a huge score.

I have been looking for a good recipe for party meatballs. I have tried the grape jelly ones and one or two others. If you have a good recipe that you wouldn’t mind sharing I’d love to hear it.

Ok I recently sold my big green egg to a friend and was in the market for a new grill. I have a camp chef woodwind pellet grill that I love but wanted more of a grill than a smoker. I had a friend from high school who lives in Illinois and works for the company that owns Webber grills. He sent me a link to a site where I could buy Webber grills at a greatly reduced price. I bought a Webber summit 24 inch cooking station for $128.00. This is a close to $2,000 grill so I really hope it comes in with at least most of the parts and if so it’s a huge score.
Sharing is nice😄
I'm a big fan of Weber grills. The one I have now is a simple kettle grill that I've been using for about 12 years and it's still going strong.

So, we recently moved to a bigger place and were able to start unboxing a lot of stuff we haven't seen in years. Found these cookbooks. The one on the right was from my grandmother when my wife and I got married and the one on the left was Cajun Cook or Billie Bonin. Totally reminded me of this thread. May both RIP. I'll always treasure both.

20201012_160102.jpg
20201012_160312.jpg

Sharing is nice😄
I'm a big fan of Weber grills. The one I have now is a simple kettle grill that I've been using for about 12 years and it's still going strong.
I would’ve been happy to share the site with you but be glad I didn’t. The site was masquerading as a US owned company but in fact is a Chinese group that tests credit card accounts and eventually they hit you for something big. Thankfully my bank picked up on it and I’ve closed that account and I’m waiting for my new Visa to come in.

So, we recently moved to a bigger place and were able to start unboxing a lot of stuff we haven't seen in years. Found these cookbooks. The one on the right was from my grandmother when my wife and I got married and the one on the left was Cajun Cook or Billie Bonin. Totally reminded me of this thread. May both RIP. I'll always treasure both.

20201012_160102.jpg
20201012_160312.jpg

Damn, 8 days before Katrina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom