The Red Zone & #88 (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Well, we just barely got the win today. Our kicking game makes me nervous and it seems we are struggling in the red zone(in that we are settling for way to many FGs vs TDs). I notice that during our drives, Shockey seems to be great, making alot of clutch catches. It seems he disappears when we get inside the red zone. Anyone else notice this??? I would think they have some plays for him, but it always seems like they go to Colston or a screen or run. Just wondering if I am the only one noticing this.......the TDs need to make an appearance. FGs are good only when you can stop the opposing team. We seem to be letting the opposition march right down our necks the last couple of games.:jpshakehead:

Well, we just barely got the win today. Our kicking game makes me nervous and it seems we are struggling in the red zone(in that we are settling for way to many FGs vs TDs). I notice that during our drives, Shockey seems to be great, making alot of clutch catches. It seems he disappears when we get inside the red zone. Anyone else notice this??? I would think they have some plays for him, but it always seems like they go to Colston or a screen or run. Just wondering if I am the only one noticing this.......the TDs need to make an appearance. FGs are good only when you can stop the opposing team. We seem to be letting the opposition march right down our necks the last couple of games.:jpshakehead:

Everything you say screams negativity. Even you quote after the bottom. You do know that Atlanta is our most bitter rival and they play us just as hard as we play them? They are a good team no matter who is hurt.

Shockey gets plenty of touches. Who cares who scores touchdowns as long as we get touchdowns.

Hartley has missed 1 fg in his two years as a pro. So he schanked one extra points, who cares? You don't cut tiger for missing a 5 footer, do you?

we are 13-0, and you find this stuff to ***** about. Wow, I am glad I actually enjoy my life and my team.

The TD Dinkins got in the Pats game was supposed to be Shockey's. DD just happened to get to that spot before him. And I've noticed him staying in to block more, probably because of injuries on the OL?

Hard to not disappear when you are blocking as assigned or you are on the sideline.

Changing personell is one of the many wrinkles payton throws at opposing defenses. Shockey may be the starting te but he may not even be on the field when we are in the redzone and when he is he may be blocking and if he is not blocking we have other recievers.

I know that in the Patriots game, the touchdown pass to Dinkins could have easily gone to Shockey who was standing unguarded right next to him. Drew just picks a particular player and hits his man, high profile or not.

I haven't been rewatching the games but has the coverage in the red zone focused on our tight ends lately? It could explain the lack of coverage on our running backs in that same area

What possessed you to conclude that NOW would be the best time to make such a negative post???

:idunno:

..you must live a sad and lonely life...

Damn guys, just asking a question!!!!! I guess I am not allowed to ask anything here. Yes, I am glad we are doing well. It's bad enough I have to live in Atlanta, now I come here and get talked to like I'm asking a question or talking football with someone from Atlanta. Jeeezzzzz...........

Damn guys, just asking a question!!!!! I guess I am not allowed to ask anything here. Yes, I am glad we are doing well. It's bad enough I have to live in Atlanta, now I come here and get talked to like I'm asking a question or talking football with someone from Atlanta. Jeeezzzzz...........

Finding ways to give games away since 1967........
That says it all.

And if you're a real Saints fan, how the hell could you complain about 13-0?

With all criticisms and flaming of Debbie Downer aside, our defense worries me. With that said, 13-0 WHO DAT?!! :tardmaker:

That says it all.

And if you're a real Saints fan, how the hell could you complain about 13-0?
Triche06, I was at my first Saints game in 1983 and still have that ticket, framed on the wall of my Black & Gold room in my house(according to your profile, you were 2yrs old in 1983!!!!)

My comment or whatever you want to call it about "giving games away since 1967" was put on last year after we gave away so many games late in the second half!!!!!! I'm just amazed that coming on here to talk Saints with fellow Saints fans can lead to such remarks as "living a sad life", "must be a Panthers fan" etc........I never once said anything bad about 13-0!!!! I guess I will ask no more questions, and make no more comments. I have supported this team for the last 26yrs(both at home and on the road.....even flew to London last year), taken crap from fans of other teams, come into work to find paper bags on my desk, Aints inscriptions on my belongings, and have tried to spend $$$ at local NOLA stores when possible when I could buy at other places, just to support the team and region(remember I live in Atlanta). So to be talked to like this by other Saints fans is just as you guys say "sad".

I think there was an overreaction to the OP's post here. I didn't read his post as too negative, just genuine concerns he has, theres nothing wrong with him posting that. And him asking about Shockey, its something he has noticed and he is asking for your input. Maybe he didn't see Shockey in the lineup or couldn't tell. Anyone can miss something. I am completely surprised by the ridiculous negativity to this topic and, most of all, to another Saints fan.

Triche06, I was at my first Saints game in 1983 and still have that ticket, framed on the wall of my Black & Gold room in my house(according to your profile, you were 2yrs old in 1983!!!!)

My comment or whatever you want to call it about "giving games away since 1967" was put on last year after we gave away so many games late in the second half!!!!!! I'm just amazed that coming on here to talk Saints with fellow Saints fans can lead to such remarks as "living a sad life", "must be a Panthers fan" etc........I never once said anything bad about 13-0!!!! I guess I will ask no more questions, and make no more comments. I have supported this team for the last 26yrs(both at home and on the road.....even flew to London last year), taken crap from fans of other teams, come into work to find paper bags on my desk, Aints inscriptions on my belongings, and have tried to spend $$$ at local NOLA stores when possible when I could buy at other places, just to support the team and region(remember I live in Atlanta). So to be talked to like this by other Saints fans is just as you guys say "sad".

I live in Atlanta too. Nobody can give you any bleep this year. Anytime anyone says anything just sat 13-0 (or 14-0 15-0, 16-0 etc when we get there) and WHO DAT!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom