The Reflection Thread, 2009 version (1 Viewer)

wow
clearly you are a very strong and resilient person
i'm sure that will help you get to what you want to do
good luck
Don't get me wrong. Many of you may have read about my past year and seen only the negative(with the exception of the bit about the Saints) The fact of the matter is, had it not been for some of the bad things happening, the following benefits ensued:

1) My family has achieved a closeness that we haven't known for some time.

2) I am seriously considering finally getting off my duff and actually writing the book that's in my head. In this regard I'm looking for some NOLA history buffs to help with research, as the storyline starts out in the deep south circa 1861, and the thought keeps occuring to me, "why not make it New Orleans?" If anyone's interested, give me a PM. Can't offer much in the way of payment, but there would probably be a mention in the acknowledgments page.

3) Helped me to realize that should something catastrophic happen to me, my family may be miserable for a while, they could and would survive (they're a lot stronger than I gave them credit for.

4) My coronary had more than one positive impact on my life(other than those mentioned) those being finally quit smoking after 34 years, and finally taking better care of myself(eating more greens, more grains and less fat in general, I'm also walking more.

5) Apparently, I'm quite amusing when I'm heavily medicated. My family (and the nursing staff) regaled me with anecdotes of my convalesence, you know, before I was there mentally. At least they had a laugh. I tell ya, I really don't wanna go back there, and I'm doing all in my power not to.

Bottom line is: Yeah, for the most part, last year was dukey. But it's taught me a considerable amount, and given me comfort in other areas of my life. As Morgan Freeman said in "Bruce Almighty", "Sometimes when you want to paint a beautiful picture, you've gotta use some dark colors".

Here's to a better 2010.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom