The regression of Eli Manning (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No Saints mention, but hopefully the Giants will be in a tail spin when the Saints face them....

..."There is an uprising here, lot of heat now," the Giants official said. "There is a lot involved with the regression of Eli. When he lost (Luke) Petitgout, he has been skittish back there ever since. … I believe he is regressing. He has a coordinator (John Hufnagel) who just calls plays but does not have a feel for the game. He does not set things up with his play-calling. He has no scheme in his play-calling. Tom is supposed to be an offensive coach. Tom has to be the head coach in some of these situations and take over the calls. He is not doing that.

"Sure, there is pressure that goes with Eli being the first pick. It's warranted. But, geez, help him out. That goes back to the coaching staff. So does starting a game 21-0, being on a mission and then being relaxed. We definitely relaxed. That is coaching."

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9832312

I think it is beyond funny that Eli has egg on his face right now while Rivers is looking like a Pro Bowl QB in the much tougher AFC. I guess AJ Smith wasn't the idiot.

Phillip Rivers+Shawne Merriman+Nate Kaeding or Eli Manning?! No brainer of the year

LaDanian Tomlinson+Drew Brees or Michael Vick?! Another no brainer

I've been saying this guy is not Elite since the beginning of the year. I got labeled a "manning hater."

It doesn't bother me one way or another whether he suceeds or not, but I do find it funny that he is failing after what he did to San Diego. He makes terrible decisions often. His last INT that cost them the game this week was a terrible pass that most QB's could of made easily to drop it into the WR. I have no idea why he underthrew it with no defender within 5 yards of him. Hes going to have to prove himself has "Eli" and not Archie's son and Peytons brother. It bothered me so much when the media would describe elite QB's in this league and put Eli on there and not Drew. Well now we see who is better.

Eli Manning is a coach killer!!!!

Funny you say that, but I think when a QB comes in with more hype then the team and coach then your always going to have problems, at least for a while, especially after the San Diego fiasco.

Peyton earned his stripes and hype. Eli came in annointed to be a top 5 passer within 2 years. When he didn't live up to that, your going to have serious flack to deal with.

I've been saying this guy is not Elite since the beginning of the year. I got labeled a "manning hater."

I sincerely doubt you're suggesting Eli Manning wasn't "elite" was the principal reason anyone labeled you a "manning hater"

I sincerely doubt you're suggesting Eli Manning wasn't "elite" was the principal reason anyone labeled you a "manning hater"

Well your doubts don't really matter do they. If the post was still up on this site I'd glady dig it up.

I say Payton manning is the greatest QB to every play the game regularly, and I still think that today. I think his brother is riding his brother and fathers coattails and has yet to prove anything.

ever since grade school its always been said that payton was the better quarterback who studied harder but eli was much more athletic.... i always knew paytonw ould be incredible and eli would be an above average nfl qb.... a just below probowl quarterback

ever since grade school its always been said that payton was the better quarterback who studied harder but eli was much more athletic.... i always knew paytonw ould be incredible and eli would be an above average nfl qb.... a just below probowl quarterback

Hes yet to get there. This year his QB rating is 23rd at 76.0. 2 above Vick.

3rd in the league in INT's just behind Frye by 1 and Ben by 4 with 15 INT's on the year. Hes Def. regressing.

I think the root of the problem with Eli is the Coaching staff. That whole team has been revolting and the roof is about to get blown off. The offensive players have been complaining about the "don't lose" philosophy for a long time. Caughlin said he wanted to go to OT with 40 seconds left instead of get a field goal. Eli and the players decided they wanted to win and if the coaching staff had called a play to win Eli probably would not have forced that throw.

The Giants look much like the saints with Haslett.

Phillip Rivers+Shawne Merriman+Nate Kaeding or Eli Manning?! No brainer of the year

LaDanian Tomlinson+Drew Brees or Michael Vick?! Another no brainer

What can one say about the Chargers front office except that they're either extremely brilliant or extremely lucky lately. Either way it's a good time to be a Bolts fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom