the rest of Duece's career (1 Viewer)

Ryan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
With Duece about to hit 5000 yards, and all the talk about the hall of fame lately, i started wondering what do you think it would take for Duece to make it there. I'm thinking he'd have to mound up about another 5000 yards and get a ring before he retires. hes been in the league for about 5 years now, so another 5 years with the same productivity would put him around 10k. does anybody else think this is possible. if he can stay relatively healthy (which i think reggie will help him do) then i think he can extend his career long enough to make that a possibility. the questionmark will be getting a ring. i really like what payton is doing with the team, so who knows.

He is a long way off but it doesn't take many years like he had in 2003 to get a RB in the HOF. At this point it is WAY TO EARLY to tell.

Who is Duece? :kidding:

I think Deuce will have a glorious career if he can stay healthy. And at least get into the Saints HOF.

He'll definitely be in the Saints HOF. As far as the pro football HOF I don't know. If he can keep up his current production for the rest of his career and the Saints can win a championship or 2 during that time, he'll probably get in. I here arguments for Joe Horn being in the HOF. Joe's numbers do stack up with some other receivers in Canton but his lack of Super Bowl rings and the fact he hasn't dominated for a long time will hurt him.

I really think with the addition of Bush, Duece has an opportunity to be productive for at least another 6-7 years. Sure, Duece's yards and carries will suffer a tad over what he has had in the past...BUT...I firmly believe this will help prolong his career and reduce the pounding he would normally take without Bush.

Duece is getting stronger and better each week. Even if Duece were to get just 1200 yards per year for the next 6 years, that would come out to around 12-13k yards for his career.

Let's not forget that our line is also getting better each week and if we can keep our offense in tact (come on Loomis!!!), we will continue to create a team that just keeps getting better. Of course, with a healthy fullback...it's only going to get better at taking that first hit off Duece's plate

Duece will retire a Saint. If we play our cards right in next year's draft and FA, we should be adding one or two more O-lineman, another WR and definitely a TE or two. Duece has a legitimate shot at getting into the hall of fame and if so, it will definitely be a team effort that got him there! He's got the talent in himself and around him to make that happen!!

Geaux Saints!!

Saints 24
Ravens 13

And so it has been said!

Last edited:
Honestly I think he has to do one of the following to be in the HOF

Gaint 12,000 plus yards
Break a record: single season ydg, ydg per game, tds in a game etc.
Get a Super Bowl ring and win Super Bowl MVP
Win NFL MVP
Start stockpiling TD's

Basically I think he's got to do something to break into the all time lists wheter it's yardage, scoring, super bowls, MVP's, YPC, whatever...he just has to seperate himself.

Honestly I think he has to do one of the following to be in the HOF

Gaint 12,000 plus yards
Break a record: single season ydg, ydg per game, tds in a game etc.
Get a Super Bowl ring and win Super Bowl MVP
Win NFL MVP
Start stockpiling TD's

Basically I think he's got to do something to break into the all time lists wheter it's yardage, scoring, super bowls, MVP's, YPC, whatever...he just has to seperate himself.

Not necessarily. Curtis Martin is a definite HOFamer and he has none of what you mentioned. He has consistency, productivity, and durability.

Also, Jerome Bettis would have made it even if they wouldn't have won the SB last year.

If Deuce breaks the 10,000 yard mark, and is consistent and productive, he'll like make it. Now, if the other things happen too, great.

Deuce would probably have to break the all time rushing record by ten or fifteen thousand yards just to get considered. When you play for the Saints, merely having numbers better than most everybody in the HOF at your position just wont do. Just ask our old #57. One of the best LB's of all time with the numbers to back it up, but he didnt play for New York or Dallas where his numbers would be WAY more than he needs to get in. As a Saint, he probably needed around 500 sacks or so.

Oh, and Im only SLIGHTLY exagerating. Very slightly.

Yes, bop, i agree there, Rickey Jackson should file a discrimination suit against the HOF board.

He has 1 sack less than the All time best LB ever as the media puts it LT. and that is since they recorded them. Who knows about prior.
he as far as I recall has never been charged with Drug possession as LT has.

he's just not the Media darling the others were. Which, I think is the biggest reason he isn't in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom